Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
About the status match by China Southern: which is the best airline/alliance that likely will obtain the match?
Do we have to send our documents/request to the Sky Pearl email or better to contact China Southern in a different way?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by ron187
How did you make it through the Pearl frequent flyer sign up? I can't get it to send a confirmation to my US mobile number.
I have a non-us mobile and i received an instant SMS with the code
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Culture Guru
I have a non-us mobile and i received an instant SMS with the code
Same for me. However, non-US does not guarantee the SMS (as I read in the comments here)
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Same for me. However, non-US does not guarantee the SMS (as I read in the comments here)
Swiss mobile worked for me, completed sign up and got the username and password in a further SMS. No problems logging in. Sent off my details for the status match on Saturday, didn't get any email back, automated or otherwise.

I have a bunch of bookings to make in China, I would happily make all those with CZ if this actually works.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Seems to be over for most of us. Just received this in an e-mail reply after applying for status match:

"Special Note:
The "Elite Member Matches" project is specifically sent to members who have been pre-qualified. It’s not a public program. We noticed many irresponsible distribution and malicious reproduction of the project, as well as too much forged, altered application materials, China Southern Airlines North America will suspend the application of non-invited members."
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for writing to us. Agent No.8291 service for you. Sorry for the inconvenience. We can't match the status. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Thank you for selecting China Southern Airlines.

Email address:[email protected]
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I tried a German number and while I got the code, I wasn't able to put it in as the China Southern website kept saying I needed to verify the code somehow?? Oh well, looks like the match is dead anyways.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by zeer0
Oh well, looks like the match is dead anyways.
It is, unless by invitation
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
NNnnooo....... Did I wait too long ?? Nuts. Was on holiday and thought I'd do it when I get back & can grab one of my business cards (as per one of the requirements).

Was hoping to match from Qatar Platinum :-(

Anyone know of a way to prompt an invitation ?!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Alex100i
Dear Sir/Madam:

Thank you for writing to us. Agent No.8291 service for you. Sorry for the inconvenience. We can't match the status. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Had a quick look back (not exhaustive to be fair) and couldn't see an indication of what you'd tried to match ? What was it & when ?
Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:23 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Had a quick look back (not exhaustive to be fair) and couldn't see an indication of what you'd tried to match ? What was it & when ?
Cheers.
Loyalty Lobby and probably other blogs had a CZ link for match to most statuses of DL, UA and AA. Turns out it was by invitation only, so you didn't miss anything and can go back on vacation
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Alex100i
Dear Sir/Madam:

How long did it take to receive this answer from the moment you applied for status match? I sent my application on the 15th of July and so far, the same day I've only received this:

Dear Valued Customers,
Your email is well received. Thanks for getting in touch with China Southern Airlines North America marketing dept. Well get back to you in 3-5 business days.

Special notice: Overseas Elite membership status match program is designed for invited customers. We understand you may get the info from families, colleagues or friends, but limited by the quality control well serve our invited customers at the first priority. If you are not in our current list please allow us a little longer time for process. Well try our best to serve you as soon as possible.

As far as I know, later there was also other version of answer, indicating that promotion has been suspended, but the one I've received suggests that my application will be processed. I wonder, when may I expect to get any new information?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:01 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by tropikey
How long did it take to receive this answer from the moment you applied for status match? I sent my application on the 15th of July and so far, the same day I've only received this:

Dear Valued Customers,
Your email is well received. Thanks for getting in touch with China Southern Airlines North America marketing dept. Well get back to you in 3-5 business days.

Special notice: Overseas Elite membership status match program is designed for invited customers. We understand you may get the info from families, colleagues or friends, but limited by the quality control well serve our invited customers at the first priority. If you are not in our current list please allow us a little longer time for process. Well try our best to serve you as soon as possible.

As far as I know, later there was also other version of answer, indicating that promotion has been suspended, but the one I've received suggests that my application will be processed. I wonder, when may I expect to get any new information?
It's a Chinese airline so somewhat lost in translation. They will "serve you as soon as possible" meaning that they won't bother letting you know you didn't qualify based upon not being invited until they process everyone who was invited. That's the "Special notice: Overseas Elite membership status match program is designed for invited customers."
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:08 am

Doesn't sound good :-(
Nevertheless, I still have small, tiny hope...
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Loyalty Lobby suggested filing a DOT complaint. The match was widely advertised on the CZ Facebook page without any caveats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.