Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
If we have to be present for check-out, can we use a Radisson room as a day-room? For example, book the LAX Radisson, check-in at 2pm/earlier with elite benefit, get some work done in the room, then check-out at night (and say that you had a red-eye and wanted some rest beforehand)?
That's a great question! I have the same question.

I plan to book a stay at the Radisson near Dulles for 10-hour layover before an early evening flight (I would like to get some sleep). I would need the room to be a day room of sorts (extremely early check in - check out around 3 pm). I'm sure hoping this will be eligible, but probably something I'll have to arrange with the front desk.

I would think this kind of thing would be eligible (these long layovers/red eye flights must be common to hotels near airports). If someone has some thoughts/done this for the last promo, any info would be greatly appreciated.

But last promo, I remember the FD to be awfully helpful and accommodating.

Actually, I think I'll give the FD at Radisson near IAD a call and ask if something like this can be arranged (check in and out same day) and make sure it will earn points. I assume if your stay earns points, it's eligible for this promo, but I'll ask that direct question too. I'll report back what I find.
Old May 10, 2012, 1:47 pm

Anymore news on how the booking has to be made? I know I have a work stay coming up at a Park Inn but it has to be booked through our work travel portal. Can I still get the points that way?
Old May 10, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Ric Garrido of Loyalty Traveler has a thorough update and analysis of this promo:

Some details of interest that are new to me include:
Radisson promo open to first 100,000 registrants for 50,000 points. After 100,000, registrants will earn 15,000 points.
Country Inn promo open to first 35,000 registrants for 44,000 points. After 35,000, registrants will earn 15,000 points
Park Inn promo open to first 20,000 registrants and begins on May 22. After 20,000, registrants will earn 15,000 points

Also, please note that Ric says:
"Here are terms I have confirmed with Club Carlson.

Club Carlson members can register for each brand promotion and earn all three bonuses.
Reservations made prior to the promotion launch for stays during the May-July promotion period are eligible for the bonus points.
Points + Cash stays are eligible for promotion bonuses."

Full write-up is here:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyal...aign=Feed: LoyaltyTraveler (Loyalty Traveler)
Old May 10, 2012, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by ilovskins12
Anymore news on how the booking has to be made? I know I have a work stay coming up at a Park Inn but it has to be booked through our work travel portal. Can I still get the points that way?
Any booking that earns Gold Points should be eligible.
Old May 12, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
A winning deal

Frequent Miler blog has good additional info.
Status match earns 30 points per dollar, instead of 20 points per dollar. If you don't have any status with any hotel chain, you can get Hyatt Platinum for free with a Visa Signature card.

You have to book through one of the Radisson sites, but Mr Rewards and Top Cashback have 5% cashback for Radisson.com and for Countryinns.com.
According to evreward, you can opt for 3% Amex MRs back too, but I doubt you'd have time to transfer that to BA for the 50% bonus.

This seems to be a no loss gig for me. I'll be doing a mattress run at a $58 Country Inn ($66 after tax) for the 44k points.
I'll then book a Radisson for $80 ($88 after tax).
5% cashback on $138 pre-tax makes $6.90. Totals $147

Earn: 4.5k for having already signed up
44k Country Inn
50k Radisson
1740 points for Country Inn stay if they match my Hilton Gold (30 points/$. Earn.)
2400 points for Radisson stay (30 points/$)
4000 points for booking two stays online as Gold (link)
Total points: 106.6k for having spent $147.

Not too shabby. That's good for up to 11 nights in category 1 hotels, or 2 nights in category 6 (top category) hotels. Or, 100k points is worth an 18k point transfer to United (or other airlines) which is less than 1 cent per point
Old May 12, 2012, 10:32 pm

does anyone know what's wrong with Radisson Dallas east? not bookable any more

It was really helpful during the first big night promotion while their last minute rate was around $60
Old May 12, 2012, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
If we have to be present for check-out, can we use a Radisson room as a day-room? For example, book the LAX Radisson, check-in at 2pm/earlier with elite benefit, get some work done in the room, then check-out at night (and say that you had a red-eye and wanted some rest beforehand)?
I was not present for checkout for the last 50K promo and all the points posted quickly.

Some comments about this promo since I had a pretty smooth experience last time around ...

1. Signed up for the 4500 bonus through TGIFridays. Had to wait a little while before the points posted.

2. Registered for promo. As I recall, there was no email or anything else indicating I had been enrolled or whether I was one of the first 15,000 (or whatever the number was).

3. Status matched to Platinum through email by taking a picture of my of my HH and PCR cards. Attached them in email -- upgraded within a couple days.

4. Clicked through Mrrebates 5% shopping portal. Cash back posted within a few days though stays in pending status for months.

5. Booked a hotel deal (middle of page) for $25 Target gift card. Got GC when checking in. YMMV here but it's worth seeing if there's an interesting hotel deal offered by Radisson.

6. Checked into hotel, stayed a couple, maybe three, hours, then left. SJC Radisson was an absolute DUMP but it was reasonably priced and the GC made it tolerable.

7. All points, including the 50K bonus, status and normal points came through without a hitch.

8. Few days after my stay, I received a survey from Radisson about my experience. I told them the dilapidated condition of the room and hotel. The manager gave me a couple thousand points for my trouble.

I may or may not participate this time. It's a worthwhile promo if one finds decent properties. FWIW, all the Radisson personnel that I encountered were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Last edited by moo-moo; May 12, 2012 at 11:42 pm Reason: formatting for readability
Old May 13, 2012, 10:38 am

Does it matter where the booking was made from?Example:
I bought groupon voucher for stay in Radisson Birmingham(UK)in June.
Would my stay qualify for the bonus points?
Old May 13, 2012, 1:42 pm

Do you have to check in yourself???

Does anyone know if the actual Carlson account holder has to be the one checking in? Or can you make the reservation and get someone else to actually check in if their name is under the booking?

thanks in advance
Old May 13, 2012, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by iwpingmu
does anyone know what's wrong with Radisson Dallas east? not bookable any more

It was really helpful during the first big night promotion while their last minute rate was around $60
That property's no longer a Radisson, as of two months ago. I tried redeeming there under Category-1 (still appears on the Carlson list), and brought this to customer service's attention twice to update the list, and they said thanks, we'll remove it, but still not fixed.
Old May 14, 2012, 7:55 am

All, TopCashBack is doubling their cash back for Radisson.com throughout this promo! See my post for details: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...disson-rebate/
Old May 14, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Interesting. My countdown clocks for both Radisson and Country Inn are at five minutes and counting down. Of course 00:00 May 15th is in five minutes here in Japan. Early signup possible? We'll see.

Edited to add:
Nope. At the zero mark both sites tried to continuously redirect, the Radisson page also causing my screen to flash black and white and sending my hard drive into a frenzy. I could see the URL of where it was trying to redirect to, and if it wasn't already midnight here and me having to get up early tomorrow for work, I might've tried playing around a bit with it.

Last edited by DoubleJ; May 14, 2012 at 9:08 am
Old May 14, 2012, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Frequent Miler
All, TopCashBack is doubling their cash back for Radisson.com throughout this promo! See my post for details: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...disson-rebate/
Note, this is the US site, not the UK site.

Yes, there is a world beyond the US.
Old May 14, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by Enigma
Yes, there is a world beyond the US.
Link to verify your claim?
Old May 14, 2012, 9:55 am

The countdown is based on your computers local time. The actual time (including time zone) is in the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page. Someone asked (and I answered this) a few pages ago on this thread.

If you set your clock into the future, it will go to 0:0:0 and redirect-loop (because, they didn't post the sign up page yet).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.