Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Various of us could post exactly the same thing. Please delete this. This sort of bragging will kill future promos. Does us no at all good.
Where exactly am I exposing some secret loophole? Everything I did was within accordance of CC's policies and the T&C of the promo.

Yes, it was a "humble brag". 6 nights at a 5-star hotel and (virtually) a roundtrip ticket to/from London for less than $400.00 is a fantastic deal. As it was done legitimately, I've got nothing to hide. Not sure why I'd need to keep it on the DL. If anything, I exposed more people to the CC brand than those that earned their points on mattress runs and/or phantom stays. They got a free room and CC got theirs + advertising. Where's the problem?

Last edited by spankytoes; Jul 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
If people can't see that huge, bold, giant internet posts bragging step-by-step and blow-by-blow in agonizing detail about how well they did on some promo do not help us, well, there's not much I can say to clarify. Some people get a bit of glory and parade around like a big shot, while the rest of the world takes the risk of losing out in the future.

Google "Tragedy of the Commons."

And please note, I am not decrying anyone pushing these things to the absolute limit. Certainly not I. I just want people to keep quiet; it's not much to ask.

If this deal comes back, you will have been proven right, that it apparently makes no difference. If not, it's going to be hard for me to demonstrate that I was proven right.

In addition, I have just one more word: Airfarewatchdog.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:26 pm
Suspended

I, my wife and sister all signed up for the this 44k to 50k promo and have stayed and so far received most of our points.

I want to transfer points from 2 of the account to the 3rd account. My wife has Gold status on CC account. My sister & I don't but I am the one who will do the traveling/club carlson hotel stay in future in my name. Should My wife & sister's points should be transferred to my account or we should transfer our points to her account?
I like my wife's gold status but if future CC hotel stay is not in her name, then?

For the transfer, I have to just call and give the CC account name & number of my wife and sister's and that's it for instant transfer?
thanks
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
If people can't see that huge, bold, giant internet posts bragging step-by-step and blow-by-blow in agonizing detail about how well they did on some promo do not help us, well, there's not much I can say to clarify. Some people get a bit of glory and parade around like a big shot, while the rest of the world takes the risk of losing out in the future.

Google "Tragedy of the Commons."

And please note, I am not decrying anyone pushing these things to the absolute limit. Certainly not I. I just want people to keep quiet; it's not much to ask.

If this deal comes back, you will have been proven right, that it apparently makes no difference. If not, it's going to be hard for me to demonstrate that I was proven right.

In addition, I have just one more word: Airfarewatchdog.
Me posting about following the T&C to acquire a lot of points and how I am spending them will have zero effect on whether or not the promo will come back. Just like publicizing info for the phantom hotel last time had zero effect on the promo coming back this time. Otherwise, this entire board needs to be shut down for killing every airline/credit card/hotel points/error rate that's out there. Not to mention, the dozens of blogs that relay the same info. I did nothing wrong, did not encourage others to do anything wrong and did everything within the spirit, and parameters, of the program. The promo itself is almost over and the slots to register have already been filled.

Your suggestion is noted, considered and rejected. Get off the high horse.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:34 pm

Last minute brg

Anyone looking for a last minute brg try bookit.com. Just got mine approved.

Last edited by Abubacus; Jul 10, 2012 at 11:03 pm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Originally Posted by emptiness
sorry, if this was asked before but how long did it take for you guys to receive the 44k country inn & 50k radisson points after your stay?
thanks!
My Radisson stay posted pretty quickly, like two days but my CIS stay took over ten days. I was starting to panic that I actually hadn't signed up as I couldn't find the confirmation email CC sends upon registration.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:27 pm

Has anyone tried staying in two different hotels on the same night? The cheapest Country Inn and Radisson in my area both have significantly lower rates on Friday. I can easily check into both, but I'm a little worried about whether the points and bonuses will properly post.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spankytoes
Just like publicizing info for the phantom hotel last time had zero effect on the promo coming back this time....Not to mention, the dozens of blogs that relay the same info....Get off the high horse.
With all due respect, looking at our respective signup dates for FT I have likely been at this a LOT longer than you have and have the gray hair to prove it. Please consider for a moment that perhaps I know some things you don't, and have seen this merry-go-round many dozens of times.

You are totally incorrect that the discussion of phantom stays had no effect on the repeat of this promo. Hotel operators were specifically told this time to look at IDs of all patrons checking in and checking out. You don't think that's in response to the discussion of phantoms last time?

As for the bloggers, well, I've given up hope that many of them will be responsible on this stuff. They get their posts and their pageviews and their income. Lots of times they are not our friends. Was assuming folks on here might understand.

Probably 50-100 or more FTers could have posted just such a rundown as you did, some much more impressive, by the way. Have you wondered why they didn't?

Years ago, there was an understanding that certain things had to be kept quiet. It was like being in the CIA. No longer, sadly, which I why valuable tricks some of us have figured out get discussed privately and will never see the light of day. People get blackballed and may never know why they don't find out certain things.

And the kicker is that you are not gaining anything with your details anyway.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Jul 10, 2012 at 9:36 pm
Old Jul 11, 2012, 2:39 am

Well this conversation really got going!

I think there's some confusion and misconceptions going on.

spankytoes claims that everything has been done fairly and in accordance with the T&Cs. And, if the relatives mentioned each checked in and out, then he/she is right. No problems there, and Club Carlson should be happy!

My concern is that Club Carlson probably does not expect 5 people to siphon all their points into 1 account (and what nice relatives spankytoes has to allow this!). It takes AWAY loyalty because logically the people whose points are being transferred are probably no longer planning to stay at the properties. If they see numerous people doing it, for example by publicly mentioning it here, then they might say "hmmm, we need to put a stop to this or limit it somehow". And this is something I'd rather not see.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
You are totally incorrect that the discussion of phantom stays had no effect on the repeat of this promo. Hotel operators were specifically told this time to look at IDs of all patrons checking in and checking out. You don't think that's in response to the discussion of phantoms last time?
Another "old timer" here. We had 6 stays between my wife & I. (CIS, Park INN, Radisson). They checked ID's at both check in and check out. Unlike some of the previous posters, we did full overnight stays and got introduced to the Carlson family of hotels. We usually stay at Starwoods, Hiltons, Hyatt, Marriott & do Priceline Bidding for hotels. We have not stayed at any Carlson family of hotels with one exception: We did a VDB (gave up our seats) on United a few years ago @ORD and UA put us up at the OHare Radisson.

I agree with keeping the "out of ordinary stuff" to ourselves ((like setting up multiple accounts (more than 2) and transferring into one central account and other non traditional stuff like not having full overnight stays)).

In the older days, the great deals lasted alot longer. Now they get shut down and/or changed for the worse during the existing promo or for the next time.

Bottom line: It is best to keep "out of ordinary" stuff very discrete. Use PM's instead of bragging about it. Too many great deals do not last very long.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:56 pm

Folks, i have not received a response regarding a brg, i booked monday night and my room is for tomorrow... Is that normal?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by chemist661
Use PM's instead of bragging about it.
Agree. Absolutely nothing good comes out of bragging. Nothing. If you're trying to figure out whether something you're about to post is helping the ft community or bragging, trust me, it's probably bragging.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by fusscharles
Folks, i have not received a response regarding a brg, i booked monday night and my room is for tomorrow... Is that normal?
I thought as per BRG rules, you need to make the booking at least 48 hours before 12am of the check-in date, in order to be eligible for BRG.

In any case, it might not hurt to call and see if they can do something about it.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by fusscharles
In my 2 experiences using the BRG, I was not contacted by anyone from Club Carlson within the 48 hour period that I was promised after submitting the claim.

I had to call in and speak with a corporate rep to get the BRG going. I hope you took a screenshot of the cheaper rate, or it will be hard to dispute.

I hope this isn't a representation of how slow CC is to respond to BRG claims.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
In my 2 experiences using the BRG, I was not contacted by anyone from Club Carlson within the 48 hour period that I was promised after submitting the claim.

I had to call in and speak with a corporate rep to get the BRG going. I hope you took a screenshot of the cheaper rate, or it will be hard to dispute.

I hope this isn't a representation of how slow CC is to respond to BRG claims.
Do you have a good number to contact them on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.