FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:27 pm
spankytoes

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
If people can't see that huge, bold, giant internet posts bragging step-by-step and blow-by-blow in agonizing detail about how well they did on some promo do not help us, well, there's not much I can say to clarify. Some people get a bit of glory and parade around like a big shot, while the rest of the world takes the risk of losing out in the future.

Google "Tragedy of the Commons."

And please note, I am not decrying anyone pushing these things to the absolute limit. Certainly not I. I just want people to keep quiet; it's not much to ask.

If this deal comes back, you will have been proven right, that it apparently makes no difference. If not, it's going to be hard for me to demonstrate that I was proven right.

In addition, I have just one more word: Airfarewatchdog.
Me posting about following the T&C to acquire a lot of points and how I am spending them will have zero effect on whether or not the promo will come back. Just like publicizing info for the phantom hotel last time had zero effect on the promo coming back this time. Otherwise, this entire board needs to be shut down for killing every airline/credit card/hotel points/error rate that's out there. Not to mention, the dozens of blogs that relay the same info. I did nothing wrong, did not encourage others to do anything wrong and did everything within the spirit, and parameters, of the program. The promo itself is almost over and the slots to register have already been filled.

Your suggestion is noted, considered and rejected. Get off the high horse.