Search
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
All offers are expired/dead as of March 31, 2017

AA: https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AA01

United: https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=UA01

Delta: https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...on_delta.shtml

Update as of May 21, 2014 - in recent weeks some people have reported being told that they are no longer eligible for this offer, in spite of meeting the previous terms and conditions. Some Fidelity representatives are saying that these offers are targeted. Note the bold words in the the terms and conditions below - "Other terms and conditions may apply."

The funds or securities must stay in the account for 9 months
The offer may be repeated every 365 days if the terms were met (rolling 12 months)
The funds may not already be in a Fidelity account, but must be sourced from elsewhere

If you are moving funds or securities out of Fidelity, with intent to move it back to claim this bonus, members have recommended to keep the funds/securities out for at least 3 months to avoid risk of losing eligibility for the deposit. Some have been told unofficially by advisers 30 days. YMMV.

Members who have pulled funds/deposits out within 9 months have reported they were allowed to keep the miles, but were banned for life from being able to repeat the offer.

Added September 26, 2016:

Any withdrawals from the account during the qualification period will count against the total deposited. This includes dividends upon you may dependent to live. So be sure to transfer assets whose value covers the minimum you need plus any you might withdraw during those 60 days.

It is strongly suggested you register for the offer you want by calling Fidelity's Promotion Department at (800)544-5315, as the online registration has been flaky in the past. Also, if you have high net worth, a "High Net Worth supervisor" may be able to help - simply call the Premium Services number on your account statement to find someone who has the power to do most anything. Get the name and phone number of the person you spoke with and ask him or her to note in your account that you have been approved, and by whom. Then, if after you transfer assets you get an email saying you are not eligible for the offer for which you registered (yes, this has happened), call the rep again, asking to read the notes on your account. You will probably be told that the email was automated and was sent in error and that they will hand babysit the funding and resultant miles.

If the registration page tells you are not eligible because you have had the offer before, call one of the above numbers. You are eligible after on year. That year probably starts counting when the miles are awarded, not when you register or when you add assets.

Trusts require extra caution on their part. Sometimes they require that you give them a lot of paperwork for trusts. If you have a local Fidelity office, just bring in everything required and they will copy and mail it for you. Easy. Otherwise, just mail it in. If upon trying to register online you are informed that your Revocable Living Trust account is not eligible, well, just call one of the above numbers, because it is eligible. They just have to verify a few things and then override the system. They want to know that you are the only trustee and the only beneficiary.

From the Terms and Conditions page:

Promotional Offer Rules:

This promotional offer is only available to new or existing Fidelity brokerage account customers opening or depositing net new assets into a joint or individual nonretirement Fidelity Account®. Net new assets are defined as an individual’s external new money in minus money out, including distributions and transfers.

This offer expires September 30, 2014, and is not transferable or valid in conjunction with any other Fidelity promotional offer. Fidelity Investments reserves the right to modify, change, or alter the terms and conditions of the promotional offer in its sole discretion at any time. Fidelity Investments may terminate this promotional offer at any time. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Promotional offers are limited to one per individual per rolling 12 months.
The promotion is not available for business accounts; trust accounts; mutual fund only accounts; retirement accounts, including, among others, Fidelity IRA, Roth IRA, SEP, and SIMPLE accounts; 401(k) and 403(b) workplace retirement plans; fiduciary accounts (including custodial accounts, estate accounts); 529 college savings plan accounts (i.e. college investment trust accounts); Fidelity accounts managed by Strategic Advisers, Inc. (for example, Portfolio Advisory Services); Institutional Wealth Services (IWS) clients; clients of registered investment advisors working with Fidelity Investments; annuities; and Stock Plan Services accounts. Offer is not valid for non-U.S. residents; persons affiliated with FINRA, a securities exchange or its members; employees of Fidelity, its affiliates, and members of their immediate families and households; or the media.

Certain states and local jurisdictions have laws that limit or restrict public employees from accepting items of value from vendors such as Fidelity that provide services to public institutions. Some public entities such as governments, state universities, health care organizations, etc., also have internal policies that may contain similar restrictions. If you are a public official or employee, you should determine if one of these laws or internal policies applies to you. By accepting this incentive, we assume that you are in compliance with your jurisdiction's laws and institution's internal policies.

Transferred assets will be valued, for the purposes of determining eligibility for this promotional offer, at the close of business Eastern time on the business day or next business day, if on a weekend day or holiday, following receipt by Fidelity Investments of the assets into the account that is eligible for the promotional offer. Funding must come from an external, non-Fidelity source via any standard monetary transfer method (a standard Transfer of Assets form, check, electronic funds transfer, ADM deposit, etc.). Please allow eight weeks from the funding of the eligible account, with the qualifying dollar amount of assets, for American Airlines AAdvantage® miles to be posted to your AAdvantage® account. Your Fidelity Account® must remain open with the qualifying funding for six months from the date that the qualifying assets are first received in the eligible account.

New accounts must be opened within 30 days of registering for the offer. Additional deposits to the eligible Fidelity account may earn you a higher mileage award provided the result is that the cumulative assets meet or exceed the next eligibility tier (up to a maximum of 50,000 AAdvantage® miles). For new accounts, initial and subsequent deposits must be made within 60 days of Fidelity account opening. For new money deposited into existing accounts, all deposits must be made within 60 days of registering for the offer.
Print Wikipost

Fidelity Bonus offers for airline miles & hotel points [EXPIRED March 31, 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:32 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JBG89
am i correct to assume that 9 months is the timeline?
As far as I know the guidance in the wikipost still reflects the latest experience of posters here. To summarise: funds or securities must stay with Fidelity for nine months; the offer can be repeated 12 months after miles post (in practice, it may take a little longer for the system to 'reset' and accept an online registration); if you are moving funds out of Fidelity, with intent to move them back for this bonus, it's probably safest to keep them out for three months.

Basically, don't rush.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by JBG89
Thanks so much! I had my last bonus app about 12 months ago. I just unfunded into vanguard last week.

As soon as the transfer hits, I will call the fidelity promotion line, ask to confirm if I am eligible, and fund back again?

I know how against the rules is to call about a offer in most cases, so just want to make sure
Why call FIDO?

Just apply online.....less hassle and less explanations.

Once it's approved in the computer is Good to Go! Only if computer approval is rejected would I call. It's not exactly 12 months from date you received points...I've seen it take 12 months + 10 days once.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by euromannn
Why call FIDO?

Just apply online.....less hassle and less explanations.

Once it's approved in the computer is Good to Go! Only if computer approval is rejected would I call. It's not exactly 12 months from date you received points...I've seen it take 12 months + 10 days once.
There is at least one blogger recommending calling to make sure it takes. Apparently, some people applied online for a repeat and they didn't get the bonus.

I called last week (about one year and 12 days after receiving the bonus last time.) There was no issue with it...I got an email within an hour telling me to make my deposit within 60 days to secure my bonus.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by fredc84
There is at least one blogger recommending calling to make sure it takes. Apparently, some people applied online for a repeat and they didn't get the bonus.

I called last week (about one year and 12 days after receiving the bonus last time.) There was no issue with it...I got an email within an hour telling me to make my deposit within 60 days to secure my bonus.

SIMPLE:
Just screen save offer approval. You even get an EMAIL confirming enrolled just as if you call.

Your choice........less visibility you get the more freedom you have in recurring offers. Only speaking from 5 years of experience.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Last year, on Nov 27 my funds were transferred into my Fidelity account for the bonus. They remained in the account for a bit more than the 9 months.

Today (Nov 28) I tried to register again and was told I cannot because I had already used the offer in the last rolling 12 months.

Anyone else run into this?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Last year, on Nov 27 my funds were transferred into my Fidelity account for the bonus. They remained in the account for a bit more than the 9 months.

Today (Nov 28) I tried to register again and was told I cannot because I had already used the offer in the last rolling 12 months.

Anyone else run into this?
You should count the 12 months from when you got the bonus, not when you deposited the money.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Ah.... I got it. I read the Wiki more carefully, and it appears I need to wait until Dec 11, which is when my miles were deposited.

Thank you for the response.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by euromannn
SIMPLE:
Just screen save offer approval. You even get an EMAIL confirming enrolled just as if you call.

Your choice........less visibility you get the more freedom you have in recurring offers. Only speaking from 5 years of experience.
The wiki for this thread actually recommends calling in for this offer. I seriously doubt calling in for a legit offer hinders anyone from getting a recurring offer. In fact, I had to call in due to an issue transferring funds from my current broker and the Fid rep wanted to look for a bonus until I told him I already one for this deposit. He then confirmed the one I have now.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
The wiki for this thread actually recommends calling in for this offer. I seriously doubt calling in for a legit offer hinders anyone from getting a recurring offer. In fact, I had to call in due to an issue transferring funds from my current broker and the Fid rep wanted to look for a bonus until I told him I already one for this deposit. He then confirmed the one I have now.
For those that find calling annoying, you don't need to call in. I took advantage of the offer via the online form and it worked just fine.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:03 am

Can one make 1 deposit each to AA and United program at the same time, and get bonus points for each program? thanks,
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: UA/AA
nope.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: AA Plat
I have two individual investment accounts. One was opened by myself, and the other by my company used exclusively for stocks (RSU or ESPP). I used the former account to deposit the amount needed to trigger mileage bonus. Can I take money out from the latter account before 9 months, or both are locked for the promotion?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by shihyin
I have two individual investment accounts. One was opened by myself, and the other by my company used exclusively for stocks (RSU or ESPP). I used the former account to deposit the amount needed to trigger mileage bonus. Can I take money out from the latter account before 9 months, or both are locked for the promotion?
From the wiki: "Members who have pulled funds/deposits out within 9 months have reported they were allowed to keep the miles, but were banned for life from being able to repeat the offer."

Last edited by fredc84; Dec 14, 2016 at 7:00 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Plat
From the wiki: "Members who have pulled funds/deposits out within 9 months have reported they were allowed to keep the miles, but were banned for life from being able to repeat the offer."
Thank you, but my question is about whether it matters that which account you used to deposit the money to trigger the promotion, or all accounts's money are locked for this promotion. Any insights/experiences?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by shihyin
Thank you, but my question is about whether it matters that which account you used to deposit the money to trigger the promotion, or all accounts's money are locked for this promotion. Any insights/experiences?
Oh. gotcha. I would think that if the accounts are separate, then withdrawing from one should not affect the other. The fine print talks about the account, not accounts. Hopefully, someone around here has experienced exactly that and can verify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.