Reload this Page >

50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 4:31 pm

Hmm, $72 it is. I guess I haven't done any transfers recently that weren't at the $99 max...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
I think, not that it matters too much, the excise tax on your transfer only would have been $72, not $99. Also, it only would have applied if you would have transferred to Delta, Hawaiian, or Jet Blue (which is never a good transfer anyway). For the BA promo or to transfer to another *A partner like Aeroplan or ANA, you would not have paid an offset tax.
Can anyone confirm whether there is a tax or fee charged for converting MR points to BA miles?

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, US Airways, SWA
Will a transfer from SPG to Dividend Miles extend the expiration date for Dividend Miles if there hasn't been other activity? Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by MinetaFlyer
Will a transfer from SPG to Dividend Miles extend the expiration date for Dividend Miles if there hasn't been other activity? Thanks.
yes, it should.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ftusa
Can anyone confirm whether there is a tax or fee charged for converting MR points to BA miles?

Thanks
No tax for converting USA Amex to BA. I've done it frequently. If you have a MR account, just look. It says only to US airlines.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gv111
Can you please tell how much time it took for SPG to US transfer?
One of the transfers I did a few days back posted today. So they indeed seem to post on Monday.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
One of the transfers I did a few days back posted today. So they indeed seem to post on Monday.
Not including the bonus points, I assume?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ft531
Not including the bonus points, I assume?
Most probably. This was somebody's else account so I don't have access to that.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Anybody's SPGs post yet ? 6 days and counting for me. wj
Any updates on this?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:17 pm

Some Amex to Starwood to US Airways Questions

Is it correct that the transfer from Amex to Starwood is more or less instantaneous?

Assuming yes to the first question, if I do the transfer tonight or tomorrow, and initiate the Starwood to US Airways transfer right away (tomorrow at the latest), will the US Airways miles show on Monday?

Do the bonus miles not post right way, and, if not, when are they supposed to post?

Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by fanoftravel
Is it correct that the transfer from Amex to Starwood is more or less instantaneous?

Assuming yes to the first question, if I do the transfer tonight or tomorrow, and initiate the Starwood to US Airways transfer right away (tomorrow at the latest), will the US Airways miles show on Monday?

Do the bonus miles not post right way, and, if not, when are they supposed to post?

Thanks for any help!
Yes, MR->SPG is instantaneous. I transferred 40K points earlier this evening and the SPG balance increased by 20K before the Amex confirmation email arrived.

As for transfer to US, historically as long as you perform your transaction by the promo deadline (3/31), you should be OK. IIRC from Grand Slam, my SPG points transfer took a couple of days to post to US (or it took place on a Monday, not sure). But the activity date was correct and reflected the date when I initiated the transfer.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:24 am

Anyone do an SPG travel package with this promotion?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
None of Amex's current partners enthused me, and I was not 100% sure of what to do with the MR points, so this worked well for me to remove my MR points.

I wholehearted agreement with you on this. I currently have 55k MR points with Amex (and wife have 75k MR points) with their last offer but unfortunately for me it had posted too late for me to convert to CO/UA miles as they ended their partnership with Amex. Now I have 55k (+ 75k with wife)and may try the conversion to hotel points and then US air miles. Just wondering if there are any fees involved with the miles conversion? as I seem to remember that MR points had a fee to convert to CO miles last year.
Also, what would the best conversion be for the both of us as I believe the MR points can be transferred to another member's program. The combination of both our points maybe a better option to US miles? and also could add more US miles with their current 40k miles bonus on CC offer . What do you think?
Thanks

Edit: just saw the post that only direct MR to airlines have a fee so convert to hotel and then from hotel to US miles should have no fees involved.

Last edited by sharka; Mar 24, 2012 at 10:55 am
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by sharka

Edit: just saw the post that only direct MR to airlines have a fee so convert to hotel and then from hotel to US miles should have no fees involved.
Yep. Surprised more people aren't taking advantage of this, it's a way to get near 1:1 transfer with no fees from MR points to US Air miles. I think most agree MR points are most useful as BA or Delta miles, but US Air is one of the best out there for partner redemptions since they don't block and the reward chart is about the best value there is. For lovers of star alliance this is a great opportunity.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those who are not familiar with the US program need to understand there is a redemption fee for awards - even booked online. Star Alliance awards are not bookable online.

On top of that, there is a $150 fee for even date changes.

Waived for some elites.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ooktravel.html

I really hope they don't end up doing this to AAdvantage if they end up merging with AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.