FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50% bonus for converting your hotel points to U.S. Airways miles
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:49 am
sharka

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
None of Amex's current partners enthused me, and I was not 100% sure of what to do with the MR points, so this worked well for me to remove my MR points.

I wholehearted agreement with you on this. I currently have 55k MR points with Amex (and wife have 75k MR points) with their last offer but unfortunately for me it had posted too late for me to convert to CO/UA miles as they ended their partnership with Amex. Now I have 55k (+ 75k with wife)and may try the conversion to hotel points and then US air miles. Just wondering if there are any fees involved with the miles conversion? as I seem to remember that MR points had a fee to convert to CO miles last year.
Also, what would the best conversion be for the both of us as I believe the MR points can be transferred to another member's program. The combination of both our points maybe a better option to US miles? and also could add more US miles with their current 40k miles bonus on CC offer . What do you think?
Thanks

Edit: just saw the post that only direct MR to airlines have a fee so convert to hotel and then from hotel to US miles should have no fees involved.

Last edited by sharka; Mar 24, 2012 at 10:55 am