Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by emmygofly
+1.
Same for me. Each purchase posted as separate line items.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
My 2/5 purchases are still pending, and 2/10 purchases are still only at 24x.

I wonder if the remaining 12x is a lost cause. The T&C state:

Sounds like they could easily claim the 36x was an error and withhold it.
My purchase was on 2/3 and it showed as pending a couple of days afterwards (24x) and the miles (24x) just showed up today in account (2/19). That was my first purchase, so I am going to try for the 36x, but if it does not go through I am not going to put up a big fight over since it was an item I was going to purchase anyway.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
36x only for first purchase

I contacted BA shopping mall customer service since I was missing Nordstrom Bonus 12x line. This is what they told me:
"We are sorry but we are unable to credit the Avios you requested to your account. In order to earn the triple Avios for Nordstrom, the transaction would have had to have been your first qualifying purchase at the British Airways eStore of more than $50 in a single transaction. This transaction was not your first purchase using the eStore, therefore triple Avios were not awarded at the time."

I made a purchase using ba shopping portal back in 2010 at some other store. I'll be returning most of the stuff...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:38 am

Here's the response to my inquiry. 50 Days! That's nearly two months just to see points pending. At this rate I won't get to use the miles until this fall.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your recent email.

Bonus Avios can take up to 50 days to be added to your account, even if some from the same transaction or promotion have been applied.

Please be aware the triple points promotion applies to a first time purchase of more than $50 in a single transaction with Nordstrom, all subsequent purchases over $50 up to the end of the promotion, will receive double points.

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to being of assistance to you in the future. Should you have any queries in the meantime that you are unable to locate within the help section of our website please feel free to contact us. We hope you will continue to enjoy collecting and spending Avios awards.

Kind regards,

xxxx

BA Avios eStore Customer Support
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: No preference
So the previous two posters received different information from CSRs ... imagine that.

FYI, all my 36x avios went from pending to in my account over the weekend.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
So the previous two posters received different information from CSRs ... imagine that.

FYI, all my 36x avios went from pending to in my account over the weekend.
when did you place the order? My 24x bonus points have been posted, but not the 12x for the purchase, which was still pending in the estore account.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:23 pm

Anyone have any success with returns? I bought two purses and don't love them enough to keep em.. Would exchange for another purse and shoes., but don't want to lose the miles
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by lichenlt
when did you place the order? My 24x bonus points have been posted, but not the 12x for the purchase, which was still pending in the estore account.
I think 2/3
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
my purhcases from 2/4 have been posted on Thursday, but my 2/5 purchases are still pending (those 2 purchases were in 2 separate accounts of course). all posted 36x.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by aaucello
Anyone have any success with returns? I bought two purses and don't love them enough to keep em.. Would exchange for another purse and shoes., but don't want to lose the miles
Nordstrom has open return policy, If you need to buy another purse and shoes, go ahead and buy. If you want to keep the points wait 60 days/2 billing cycles before thinking of returning. let the dust settle.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 4:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by prasha11
Nordstrom has open return policy, If you need to buy another purse and shoes, go ahead and buy. If you want to keep the points wait 60 days/2 billing cycles before thinking of returning. let the dust settle.
Isn't Nordstrom's return policy 30 days?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by turtleisland
Isn't Nordstrom's return policy 30 days?
Only Nordstrom Rack
http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/return-p.../return-policy
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I made a purchase on 2/6 but my points (36x) are still showing pending. Has anyone been seeing their points from pending to approved for purchase on and after 2/6?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: United Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by thebluejean
I made a purchase on 2/6 but my points (36x) are still showing pending. Has anyone been seeing their points from pending to approved for purchase on and after 2/6?
I have my points 36X pending from 2/8 purchase. Part of my order is still backordered. I guess that could be the reason for delay.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by monkey99
I have my points 36X pending from 2/8 purchase. Part of my order is still backordered. I guess that could be the reason for delay.
Hope the points can get approved soon since I have received all my orders last Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.