[Targeted] 2 AMEX Offers - 75k PRG and 72.5k Delta Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] 2 AMEX Offers - 75k PRG and 72.5k Delta Gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Bummer, I _just_ got the Amex PRG a week ago. Do you think it's worth for me sending a secure email message to Amex and asking if they could bump me up?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 2P, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dukieee
...yes. the bonus.

But you are not alone - same here.
Same here.... Oh well.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by andreiz
Bummer, I _just_ got the Amex PRG a week ago. Do you think it's worth for me sending a secure email message to Amex and asking if they could bump me up?
If you weren't targeted I'd say your chances are basically 0%. The "bump the bonus" opportunities went away last year.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by longhorn11
If you weren't targeted I'd say your chances are basically 0%. The "bump the bonus" opportunities went away last year.
Yeah that is very true. This was the case with the Chase Sapphire card too. There was a targeted offer for 75,000 UR points and anyone who emailed or called was told to bug-off. The legal department of Chase and AMEX have said that the agents should stop bumping the points up. It has something to do with the controlled "test" market group or something like that.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by andreiz
I'd agree if you weren't targeted, chances are slim to none. But heck, it's worth a SM to AMEX. The worst they can say is no. Send it to the Social Media>Twitter box. I've had better luck with them than anyone else.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:34 pm

All I see is this:

Which I've clicked through, but there is exactly zero mention of any bonus! It doesn't say 25k MR or 75k. It just doesn't mention anything anywhere. Is this what others are seeing? What am I missing?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by keirnna
Which I've clicked through, but there is exactly zero mention of any bonus! It doesn't say 25k MR or 75k. It just doesn't mention anything anywhere. Is this what others are seeing? What am I missing?
On the application it doesn't say anything? Very strange. Looks like it's just a plain offer for a PRG with no bonus. Makes no sense since there are public offers for 10k and referrals for 25k.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
All I see is this:
Join the loser un-cool no special offer club! We have a seat saved for you.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
I definitely agree with you that approach to these two targeted offers BUT the delta card has such a high spend requirement it may not be possible for many people.
I could do it if I even had more time, but that amount in that time isn't really doable for me. Especially now that the mint isn't even an option.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It's so weird, for years my credit card bills were always for thousands of dollars and I never worried about meeting spend requirements, now I frequently get bills for only a few hundred. I'll have to ask my soon to be ex-wife about that the next time I see her, she did the personal accounting and tracked credit card use until we separated and came off each others cards.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Meh. I have cards, I got no offers. I can't sign in my wife's account right now and she's out of town. For the rest of my family, only a single person was targeted out of 6 for the 75K MR offer. My mom promptly applied and was approved and I'll get the 75K though. She also got the high HHonors offer but those points are harder for me to use from her account.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
When I entered my info I did not see either of the 2 offers. It's w.e though I don't plan to apply for at least another 2 months.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 3:30 pm

tried to apply using name addy 4 digits and got sent back to the login page.. logged in and alas, no offers. Already have a blue sky card
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:49 pm

Lurking for some time, just completed my second "app-o-rama" and recieved both these offers but only went for the PRG because I couldn't meet the 10k spending in 6 months in combination with the united and aa business cards spending requirements.

I was booking a delta flight today and as I was checking out I had the option to add Delta Gold with a $100 statement credit and 70k miles. I clicked on it, and the details were 25k first spend, $100 credit first delta spend, and 5k spend in 6 months for 45k miles. With the half spend requirement I jumped on it and was instantly approved. For those of you that balked at the spend requirements, might want to keep this in mind if you have a short / cheap domestic flight coming up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.