Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] 2 AMEX Offers - 75k PRG and 72.5k Delta Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by longhorn11
When you click on that link there should be two boxes, one for non card members and one for current card members where you log in. Are you signed out of your account before you click on the link?
Even if you sign out and you are a current card member, it will force you to sign back in to see any special offers. So it sounds like in order to be able to see any targeted offers, you must not be an Amex card member.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:06 pm

If you aren't signed in how can they target you? They wouldn't know who you were?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
hmm maybe it will become a public offer. But 10K spend for me right now in 6 months seems high.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by nic3456
If you aren't signed in how can they target you? They wouldn't know who you were?
There is a form to input your name, address, and last 4 digits of your SSN.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:15 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Even signed out, I wasn't seeing the "special offers" tab, as it shows a page with my current card types displayed - must be a cookie. So I tried in Firefox Private mode and the special offers link showed up. But after filling in the name, address, and last four of SSN, it forced me to sign in.

Sounds like it might be a good time to be a brand new AMEX customer though!
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I tend to focus on flights more than credit cards, but I just signed up for a similar offer delta.com gave me when I was looking at flights:

no fee first year
$100 statement credit with first DL purchase
25,000 miles with first purchase
45,000 miles after spending $5,000 in 6 months

However the card seems pretty terrible once you get all the bonus miles, what's the conventional wisdom about account closing timing to minimize the effect on a credit score?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:06 pm

has anyone every called or sent an online message to amex requesting to be targeted for a certain offer? we have two separate accounts with them that spend $10k+/month each, but have only been running for 3 months, think they would agree?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Finally got around to applying. Since this is my first app with amex, what's the opinion on 2 apps with 1 inquiry? I was just instant on the PRG and was wondering if I could get by with the same inquiry on delta. I know with Citi this works most of the time, but I've seen mixed reviews on amex.

Last edited by longhorn11; Feb 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm Reason: added info
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:58 pm

Finally got around to applying. Since this is my first app with amex, what's the opinion on 2 apps with 1 inquiry? I was just instant on the PRG and was wondering if I could get by with the same inquiry on delta. I know with Citi this works most of the time, but I've seen mixed reviews on amex.
Certainly doesn't hurt to try, does it? Worst case scenario, they pull your credit twice--which they would do anyway if you applied for both cards on different days.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:43 pm

I'd apply for both in a heartbeat... The prg is a great card.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
I tend to focus on flights more than credit cards, but I just signed up for a similar offer delta.com gave me when I was looking at flights:

no fee first year
$100 statement credit with first DL purchase
25,000 miles with first purchase
45,000 miles after spending $5,000 in 6 months

However the card seems pretty terrible once you get all the bonus miles, what's the conventional wisdom about account closing timing to minimize the effect on a credit score?
You have 30 days to cancel w/o any fee after the annual fee appears on your statement next year.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: All of em...
I'm not sure about 1 inquiry but I've applied for 2 AMEX cards at the same time - two different times. and approved for all 4. Very possible
Old Feb 7, 2012, 3:36 am

I just got these two offers, the bonus ID on the PRG is 6939. Is the Delta Gold a can't miss offer? I mainly fly on SWA and AA, but 72.5k miles seems pretty good. Hopefully a new round of higher targeted offers signals some better public ones ahead. (wishful thinking)
bummer! i just pulled the trigger on 30 k and $50 credit when booking a tkt on delta. haven't received the card yet, was instantly approved. do you have the offer code or something, maybe i will try my luck to get bumped when i activate my card or through secure message.
thanks
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by americanindian
bummer! i just pulled the trigger on 30 k and $50 credit when booking a tkt on delta. haven't received the card yet, was instantly approved. do you have the offer code or something, maybe i will try my luck to get bumped when i activate my card or through secure message.
thanks
They are totally stingy lately with "bumping" bonus if you were not targeted.
I barely got to get my 50k bonus applied to my account and it wasn't a targeted offer.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Originally Posted by onefasteuro
They are totally stingy lately with "bumping" bonus if you were not targeted.
I barely got to get my 50k bonus applied to my account and it wasn't a targeted offer.
I WAS targeted for 75k after applying for 50k. Prior to activating card I got them to assure me in writing (snail mail)after spending over an hour on phone line that I would get 75k once spend was met.Made spend late Nov 11.Early Dec 11 50k points appeared in account.Called again about extra 25k.Received a 2nd letter assuring I would get the extra 25k.Two months later still no extra points.Not a wonderful introduction to AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.