Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] 2 AMEX Offers - 75k PRG and 72.5k Delta Gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
Can somebody post offer details for PRG card? What is the spend requirement and time window.
On this specific offer it was 75k after 1k spend in 3 months.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Originally Posted by ia9561
I would send a secure message to their Social Media > Twitter mailbox. Tell them what happened and you will probably have your points within days if not sooner.

I've done it multiple times and it's worked like a charm. You may even suggest some bonus points for your troubles and they may give you some.

Good luck!
Thanks for suggestion. Will try it and report back.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by longhorn11
Don't be worried about the possibility of a hard inquiry. All they do is match your name, address, and last four of ssn to any mailed or online offers. That's it.
Meh that doesn't seem to work. All it does is it takes you EXPAND YOUR offers or something like that after I've gone into Incognito Mode in Chrome.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:43 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Meh that doesn't seem to work. All it does is it takes you EXPAND YOUR offers or something like that after I've gone into Incognito Mode in Chrome.
+1
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blackmamba
You signed out and then did the incognito mode? That's weird. Now that I'm an amex member after these offers, I can still get to the special offers page. I just have to sign out to get to it. So the page where you enter all the info isn't coming up? Or it is and then you get the "expand your offers" or whatever?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:37 pm

I guess I'm more likely to go for the PR Gold. Hard to hit the spend for the Delta.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:53 pm

You signed out and then did the incognito mode? That's weird. Now that I'm an amex member after these offers, I can still get to the special offers page. I just have to sign out to get to it. So the page where you enter all the info isn't coming up? Or it is and then you get the "expand your offers" or whatever?
I go to the link
enter all my info but then it asks me to log-in. I do have a Gold Delta already. After I log-in it takes me to view all cards. No special offers, no promos.

Just all the AMEX cards. I did this in both Mozilla and Chrome private browsing.

Am I missing something?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Try this link:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...special-offers

Just don't log in and hopefully it will work for you. I just viewed it myself again to make sure and I still have a few offers (blue sky card), but obviously none as good as the ones mentioned.

If nothing comes up, then I guess there are no targeted offers. That's all of the info I have.

Last edited by longhorn11; Feb 15, 2012 at 1:23 pm Reason: added info
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:26 pm

I go to the link
enter all my info but then it asks me to log-in. I do have a Gold Delta already. After I log-in it takes me to view all cards. No special offers, no promos.

Just all the AMEX cards. I did this in both Mozilla and Chrome private browsing.

Am I missing something?
same for me..no offers
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I go to the link

Am I missing something?
...yes. the bonus.

But you are not alone - same here.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by dukieee
...yes. the bonus.

But you are not alone - same here.

Ok. so that is the screen you get if there are no bonus offers?

Its not a screen saying "HAHAHA You Have NO Offers! LOSER" ?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:45 pm

Ok. so that is the screen you get if there are no bonus offers?

Its not a screen saying "HAHAHA You Have NO Offers! LOSER" ?
True story.

Outsourced development for a winner/loser outcome on a online game had two possible outcomes. Winning and not winning. The prompt came back:

"You are a Winner"

or

"You are a loser".

Needless to say, the translation was fixed very quickly to be not a winner...

I don't remember the exact circumstances, but it was pretty bad.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets
I agree!

You can always get the Prioirity Club card later. In any case the difference between the regular Priority Club offer of 60,000 points and the targeted offer of 80,000 points is only 20,000 points (80,000 - 60,000) which is worth $120 since you can buy Priority Club points for 0.6 cents per points.

But the difference between the 75K Premier Rewards Gold & the regular offer of 25K is 50K points which is worth much more than the extra 20K Priority Club points.

Same with the Delta card.
The best deal is the Delta.

Not because it's worth more, but because you're likely to see 75k gold cards again, but not 75k+ delta cards.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Nothing comes up at all. It doesn't even say "SORRY BUT YOU'RE SOL"
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123
The best deal is the Delta.

Not because it's worth more, but because you're likely to see 75k gold cards again, but not 75k+ delta cards.
I definitely agree with you that approach to these two targeted offers BUT the delta card has such a high spend requirement it may not be possible for many people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.