Wiki Posts
Search

1,500 OnePass points for purchase with Gilt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Any and All
1,500 OnePass points for purchase with Gilt

Got this in my Continental OnePass statement today. It's probably old news, but wanted to share just in case:

Register today and get 1,500 reward miles with your first purchase at Gilt. Plus, earn five miles for every $1 spent at Gilt in your first six months.

Gilt Sign-up

I just purchased a $10 (+ S&H) baby gift for a friend in order to get 1,500 miles. Not bad!

If the link above doesn't work, this is another one that was in my e-mail:
http://email.continental.com/servlet...0Va1ATSBBUVXLX
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:55 am

I read about it here: http://thepointsguy.com/2011/11/1500...t-gilt-groupe/

I signed up and have purchased a few things already but no points. The terms says it take 6-8 weeks though.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Someone in a prior post mentioned they changed the lingo to a minimum of a $25 purchase to earn the miles, of course right after I placed an order for less.

JudyJFLA

Terms and Conditions
1. This offer is only valid for new Gilt Groupe members who registered through this program. 2. A member can earn the 1,500 bonus award miles for their first transaction with Gilt Groupe. Registration with Gilt Groupe is required to earn this bonus. 3. A member can earn 5 award miles per one U.S. dollar for any transaction with Gilt Groupe in the first 6 months after registration. Registration with Gilt Groupe is required to earn award miles with Gilt Groupe. 4. This offer is only valid for new Gilt Groupe members who registered through this program. 5. Please allow as much as 6-8 weeks for miles earned to post to the registered account. 6. This offer is not limited to members who received this email, however program registration with Gilt Groupe at is required. Registration can be closed at anytime without notice. 7. This offer is not combinable with other offers. 8. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. 9. All MileagePlus and OnePass terms and conditions apply. 10. MileagePlus and or OnePass number will receive the acquisition offer (1,500 points at first purchase) one time only. 11. Initial transaction must meet a $25 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for the 1,500 bonus mile offer.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Someone in a prior post mentioned they changed the lingo to a minimum of a $25 purchase to earn the miles, of course right after I placed an order for less.
Not surprising considering UA Shopping Portal is controlled by Cartera
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:26 am

That thread is here,

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...urchase-5.html

if you bought on or before Dec 8th you should fight for those miles. Now... $25 min
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Saas
Not surprising considering UA Shopping Portal is controlled by Cartera
This shouldn't have anything to do with Cartera. You don't have to go through the mall portal in order for it to take effect. You just sign up with Gilt through the link and you get 5 miles/dollar on your purchases within the first six months.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA

JudyJFLA

Terms and Conditions
1. This offer is only valid for new Gilt Groupe members who registered through this program. 2. A member can earn the 1,500 bonus award miles for their first transaction with Gilt Groupe. Registration with Gilt Groupe is required to earn this bonus. 3. A member can earn 5 award miles per one U.S. dollar for any transaction with Gilt Groupe in the first 6 months after registration. Registration with Gilt Groupe is required to earn award miles with Gilt Groupe. 4. This offer is only valid for new Gilt Groupe members who registered through this program. 5. Please allow as much as 6-8 weeks for miles earned to post to the registered account. 6. This offer is not limited to members who received this email, however program registration with Gilt Groupe at is required. Registration can be closed at anytime without notice. 7. This offer is not combinable with other offers. 8. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. 9. All MileagePlus and OnePass terms and conditions apply. 10. MileagePlus and or OnePass number will receive the acquisition offer (1,500 points at first purchase) one time only. 11. Initial transaction must meet a $25 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for the 1,500 bonus mile offer.

ah, that's crap! stupid T&C. Does anyone have a screenshot or proof that the $25 requirement did not used to be in the T&C?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by MilesDavis11
ah, that's crap! stupid T&C. Does anyone have a screenshot or proof that the $25 requirement did not used to be in the T&C?
I have the original email and the terms on it do not say anything about the $25.00 minimum but it does say:

8. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:04 pm

I got the email also, but I already have a Gilt account. Does anyone know if I can add the OnePass or Mileage Plus account in Gilt?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tillok
I got the email also, but I already have a Gilt account. Does anyone know if I can add the OnePass or Mileage Plus account in Gilt?
Can't you just make a new Gilt acct for a 1 time use?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:34 pm
Suspended

$25 for 1500miles is still not that bad of a deal though.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:29 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Originally Posted by freezone
$25 for 1500miles is still not that bad of a deal though.
+1
Old Dec 14, 2011, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Can't you just make a new Gilt acct for a 1 time use?

I like you. That's why I come to FlyerTalk
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:18 am

sceen shot of Gilt offer

free frequent flyer miles web site has screen shots of the original offer
under buying stuff scroll down down....you find it
it was changed on 12/8
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by HareKrishnaHareKrishna
free frequent flyer miles web site has screen shots of the original offer
under buying stuff scroll down down....you find it
it was changed on 12/8
freefrequentflyermiles.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.