Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Help Planning 2xRT in F To HNL (BA, AA, Chase, AMEX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Planning 2xRT in F To HNL (BA, AA, Chase, AMEX)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2011, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by peteropny
First off - if you haven't already done so - "household" the BA accounts - this way you'd have 112K on BA - then transfer in enough AMEX/Chase to make up the difference for the one RT - 8k from AMEX - that gets you to the 120K on BA for 1 F ticket (note I'm not checking BA award chart and assumes that what was previously posted is correct).

Now for the 2nd ticket - using AA miles (you have 50k already - and need 70k) - so 20k short. Hyatt does transfer to AA at 2:1 ratio (so 30k Hyatt = 15k AA). This still leaves you 5k AA short. Your Chase points - do you have the "new" Chase Sapphire Ultimate Preferred (or whatever the latest rave is?) - if so, you can transfer to Hyatt at 1:1 - so transfer 10k Chase to Hyatt (that makes up the 5K AA that you need).

Note I've not figured out all your stops in Hawaii that you referred to.

Note AMEX / Chase transfers are supposed to be "immediate" but Hyatt to AA takes up to a month.

You'd be left with 26K AMEX and 48K Chase left after all this (or you can substitute Chase points for the AMEX ones for BA transfer).
BA now charges per segment. DFW-OGG/HNL in F is 60K Avios per person, one way. If you want to tack on AUS-DFW in F, that will cost an additional 13.5K Avios per person, one way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.