Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improved UA Explorer card offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Palaimo
Thanks for showing me the different numbers! I knew I had seen them here before but was having trouble finding them. Just called 1-800-945-2006 and was approved! I find it kind of funny it says "by now you should have received your welcome packet" even though I applied yesterday night (on a saturday).
I'm in the same situation - about 10 days ago, I tried applying for the card when the application had stopped working temporarily. As soon as I saw people mentioning that it was working again, I jumped on it. I received the message that my application was "Under Review," but just called the status line and it said I was approved and by now I should have received my welcome packet. I haven't received it yet, but I'll give it a few more days. It did say that I could press 0 if I haven't received it yet, so I figure if I haven't gotten it by sometime next week, I'll call back and press 0 at that message. Hooray for 50k miles!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jmastron
I have an active United Mileage Plus "Visa Signature" card opened a decade ago, and all the offers I got to "upgrade" to the Explorer card were pretty crappy (no bonus miles, no fee waiver).

I was able to get the 60K offer to appear last Wednesday by logging in and out of MP a few times and pasting the link in this thread (I think it finally came up while logged in, but only when I pasted into a new tab; it took a few tries). Took screenshots of the offer, filled out the application, and got a screen saying up to 10 days for a decision.

Called the reconsideration number from this thread the next day and the agent immediately said I'd have to take some credit from the existing card and asked how much. That was fine as it's gone up to way way more than I'd ever use, so I had her put half on each. She said it was approved, and the new card number appeared at chase.com on Monday.

The key is that I got an email confirmation that "Your new Card is on its way" and "Remember, you will receive 50,000 bonus miles after the first use of your Card." So I'm pretty sure once I receive the cards that all will be well. I debated even trying it, so thought others with an existing card would be interested in confirmation that it appears we are eligible.
what link did you try? I tried a variety of links. Nothing is working for me. I have a CO OP card, UA Visa (2 years old)
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA S
Yea, looks like it went back down to the 40k for me, even though the homepage shows 60k. Thats what you get for being lazy....
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
I'm applying tomorrow. I called today and they would not do 50k without an invitation code. I'll try regular applications in the morning and see if they can push the 50k biz app. If not, I'll do the standard 25k online.
I called and the Continental Business Mastercard was approved. I'll confirm the promo on receipt and then attempt a bump to 50k. I have no other Chase business cards.

I did a same day United 60k app that is still under review. I have a Sapphire Preferred and a Continental card. Last app was July 2011.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
I called and the Continental Business Mastercard was approved. I'll confirm the promo on receipt and then attempt a bump to 50k. I have no other Chase business cards.

I did a same day United 60k app that is still under review. I have a Sapphire Preferred and a Continental card. Last app was July 2011.
can u please tell me what offer u will use to bump CO biz card to 50k --I just applied and only found a 25k offer
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K
One more data point here - I applied earlier this week using the log out/log in method with the link posted in this thread and found out this morning that I was approved. The rep at Chase confirmed the 50K bonus.

Thanks to all for their contributions to this thread!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: many
Still working or ??

Is anyone currently (as of today) still getting the 60K offer to still show up and link to the 60K app page?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pcharles
Is anyone currently (as of today) still getting the 60K offer to still show up and link to the 60K app page?
I got it yesterday night
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:33 am

Signed my Dad up for it last week, after registering him with United MP, linking to his CO account, and transferring 1k miles over.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:36 am

Yes, the offer was still available to my sis (at least as of last night). She transferred 100 points from over Continental and she sees the offer.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by SPLP007
can u please tell me what offer u will use to bump CO biz card to 50k --I just applied and only found a 25k offer
There is no offer code like Amex. I usually just send a secure message indicating that a friend told me about the card because they received a 50k offer and request they honor the same for me. The 50k offer is still active from other posts here but targeted. I usually don't mention that the friend is only known through a Flyertalk ID but the jist is true.

I understand the rationale for targeted marketing. However if a company targets 5% of the market they have the potential to anger 95% that are not targeted. I truly believe that when the 0.5% of the non targeted get wind and call they should immediately honor the offer. Why anger those that wish to do business with you? If matching for the 0.5% non targeted busts your marketing budget then adjust your offer just as you do for targeted but non respondents of the offer.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:11 pm

MPlus Explorer Visa benefits

I typically use my Amex card and when it's not accepted at some places, I've had a United Mileage Plus Visa card which has given me a fair amount of flexibility and miles. But I am a United Global Services member, so it seems like all of the benefits of the new Mileage Plus Explorer card I already have -- priority boarding, no bag fees, club passes etc. Does anyone else feel like this is a card that offers premium travelers very little in terms of benefits? And if so, what have you done about it?
Thanks everyone.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
I got the Sapphire Preferred in Nov. Was denied a Freedom Card in Dec. due to to many recent Chase apps. I probably could have got that one reconsidered but took the denial as a sign to lay off Chase a little since I hoped this United deal would show up. I applied for the United yesterday...automatically approved within 24 hours...
So, in your case you were denied a card by Chase (due to "too many applications") yet just 5-6 weeks later that no longer applied. So, I'm wondering if those who have been denied this United card in recent days might well be approved upon reapplying in a month or two. I realize that every case is different, nevertheless I wonder what the consensus is on this: Wait two months - or perhaps longer - before re-applying?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Still waiting for my card. How fast have people got it in the mail?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
FWIW my wife and I both have the old United card, we got them about 7 months ago.

I couldn't get the 60,000 offer to appear so I used the link provided in this thread - first for me, then after receiving instant approval I waited until I received my card then I submitted a request for her, which was also instantly approved. I have two other recent Chase cards.

When I set up my card I had them change the statement day to 1 Feb (as soon as I could get it) and made two quick purchases.

My 50,000 miles posted today! I expect we'll get my wife's card this week but we did get the email saying she would get 50,000 miles with the first purchase - I didn't get that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.