Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rate My Churn!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: As many as I can!
Originally Posted by kendenton
I've had success twice calling Chase for reconsideration. They were happy to shuffle my credit limits to avoid increasing their exposure.
Yes, it is easy to get Chase to shift lines and approve you for new credit cards the 2nd or 3rd or 4th time.

But it gets harder after the 8th or 9th card. I still get them approved though, but can read between the lines and will not push them to hard.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets
Yes, it is easy to get Chase to shift lines and approve you for new credit cards the 2nd or 3rd or 4th time.

But it gets harder after the 8th or 9th card. I still get them approved though, but can read between the lines and will not push them to hard.
Going to have to disagree with you once again. The data points I see it does not matter how many cards you have or had in the past. If you have too many cards you just offer to close one when calling for the reconsideration. They are in a very giving mood these days.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by TheManofaThousandPlaces
..I really don't need $20K limits on any of my cards.
Originally Posted by QL_714
I guess you do not have the Chase AARP card?
?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by xp0
umm just look at all the other people that start new threads with the 10+ cards they applied for all at once and compare to their lists? It should be the same.
+1
Old Sep 23, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by MSYnola
I have learned so much this summer. Let me be
Amex PRG 7/21 75k (have SM promising to bump the bonus)
I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. You may get lucky, but AMEX is far less generous than they were back in July.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
wow, that made me literally laugh out loud.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:28 am

I had a very similar "spree" such as yourself and I want in to "too many inquiries" being a concern.

2x AA
Onepass
PC Club Visa

Denied Southwest 50k, Hyatt 62,500, Airtran card, Delta Amex, SPG 30K.

I have decided to put all credit inquiries on hold until my inquiries drop. I should have 1-2 dropping off in the next month.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by QL_714
Are you aware of the three browser method?
What is it?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by roknroll

It does feel like that. Patience and the miles pile up!
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:00 pm

I have learned so much this summer. Let me be more specific:

Along with those, I was denied for a Chase Southwest BUSINESS Visa (along with the 50k miles) that I applied for on 7/12. So what's next? As of right now:

THANKS EVERYBODY!!
How did you apply SWA 50k card? by online or phone call?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 12:46 pm

What was the reason they gave you for the denial?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
Applied online with phone reconsideration. Said I had too many recent inquiries and a history of less than full pays (I got an 18 month 0% transfer offer from another chase card about 6 months ago, and don't plan on paying it off)
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
I have learned so much this summer. Let me be more specific:

BA 5/8 100k
AA Citi Visa 7/15 75k
AA Citi Amex 7/15 75k (still working on the spend)
Amex PRG 7/21 75k (have SM promising to bump the bonus)
US Air MC 7/25 40k

Along with those, I was denied for a Chase Southwest BUSINESS Visa (along with the 50k miles) that I applied for on 7/12. So what's next? As of right now:

AA Citi Business 75k
Chase Sapphire 50k
Amex SPG 25k

The only other truly viable options seem like hotel cards (Hyatt, Hilton), but I don't see myself going to Paris, Tokyo, or the Maldives in the next few years, so I know I can't get maximum value from the Hyatt, and the Hilton miles just don't seem very valuable when I can use AA miles to stay at hotels (or Chase UR points, or SPG points/points+cash).

I'm really interested in hearing the FT opinions about my plans. I'm going to wait until next month (90 days from last application) to do my next round, even though I could apply for AA Citi Business today, because I feel like I should do all apps on the same day, and I don't want to do my churn before hearing about the offer Ingersoll has been discussing that is coming out on his birthday.

I guess my real reason for posting is to hear if I'm overlooking anything, or hopefully, get some nods of approval. Everything I've learned about this great game, I've learned here, so it felt only right to ask you guys if you think I'm going about this the right way.

On the awesome side, my girlfriend and I are going to Toronto, where I have always wanted to go, next month. Roundtrip flights and 3 nights at a decent looking hotel were only ~80k AA points. Amazing. Looking forward to going to Brazil next summer with the GF for 80k BA points as well.

THANKS EVERYBODY!!

Looking good, MSYnola! I hope you have a good time with your girlfriend in Toronto!

You might also consider the 50K Chase Ink Business Bold.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat
Some people have said that opening and closing a lot of cards in a short period can negatively affect your credit score.

However if the score always remains above 700- then it makes no difference to anybody looking at it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.