Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PayDivvy.com launches... Anyone use it?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

PayDivvy.com launches... Anyone use it?

Anyone tried Paydivvy to pay roomates for bills or services? FAQ suggest you can use it with spouses.

What can I use PayDivvy for?
PayDivvy allows users to pay, send, or share individual or group bills through a simple online and mobile interface. PayDivvy can be used in multiple scenarios including living situations (e.g. roommates, spouses), social circles (e.g. friends, colleagues) and businesses, for group collections, and extracurricular activities.

Seems they accept credit cards for no fees. Could be the new XIPWIRE?
Old May 21, 2011, 3:34 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
There's really no "bonus" component to this thread, so off to MilesBuzz! it goes...

Spiff, S.P.A.M. moderator
Old May 21, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: No preference
Fees

8.1 Fees Overview. Some fees are expressed as a percentage of the payment amount. All fees are in U.S. Dollars unless otherwise stated. Any time a payment is made to a third party, the payment is made from your PayDivvy Balance. If you do not have an available PayDivvy Balance, PayDivvy will initiate a charge to your Default Payment Method to Load your PayDivvy Balance and then immediately transfer the funds from your PayDivvy Balance to the third party. If you use your credit card as the Payment Method, your credit card company may charge you a cash-advance fee.

Payment using a PayDivvy Balance: Free
Payment using a Bank Account: Free
Payment using a Debit or Credit Card: Free

8.2 Additional Fees. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Services were used during the billing cycle. We may charge an additional fee if you request the original document for any item that has been scanned. Also, there may be a charge for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay fees for the Services as described at the Services website. Fees for your use of the Services will be calculated and deducted automatically from your Payment Method.
Any guinea pigs?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 8:37 pm
Original Member

I used this for a while and waited until I saw my results before posting. I also checked out a blog describing the experiences of other users.

My charges on AMEX, Cap1, BOA Debit were purchases. Chase appeared that it would be a purchase but I got booted prior to the charge going through.

I set up two accounts and sent money to myself from one account to the other account. It brought back pleasant memories of emoneymail, C2it, and one other service from the Internet bubble days when a person could do this for a long time before being booted.

At first I used the debit card because it didn't seem to violate the terms of service. However, the e-mail I received from them said that sending money to myself violated the terms and services and didn't distinguish between credit cards and debit cards. The debit card technique just wasn't earning many miles based on the limit of 5K per month for Paydivvy, and I have been displeased with award availability on US Air. Plus the blog on another site indicates that Paydivvy will eventually begin charging a fee for credit and debit cards based on an interview with the company founder. I don't know whether or not that is correct. But the comment inspired me to switch from the debit card to the credit card to see how things would progress.

I got 4K or so through prior to receiving an e-mail indicating that I was violating the Terms & Services, my current payment would not be processed, and I would be charged 3.5% for any future transactions that violated the terms & services. I don't mind these kind of e-mails (they were nice and I have a thick skin). Some of these services have a $500 penalty for violating terms & services but PayDivvy doesn't seem to have this (at least not yet). Plus one other similar service froze some accounts, but I haven't read any examples of PayDivvy doing this.

Based on my experience and the other blog I read, it seems like a user can get 4K or 5K through prior to getting flagged, which is good for required credit card spending to get sign-up bonuses.

What is interesting is the Pay Bill feature that seems to allow a person to fund their account with a credit card and pay off another credit card. I tried to set this up but I received my notice from PsyDivvy prior to the credit card I wanted to pay off having a balance due under the PayDivvy e-bill system. Does anyone know if this will work? I might try it, since I can still log on.

I realize that some users may be trying to milk this slowly and keep it under the radar, but I really don't see how this company survives charging no credit card fees. There just isn't much to earn on float and the similar systems in the past didn't make it. So as long as they are nice about violations of terms and services, it might be better to get 4K or 5K while it lasts, although your results may vary and anyone interested should proceed at their own risk.

Last edited by Andy2; Jun 14, 2011 at 8:49 pm
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: All of them
8.1 Fees Overview. Some fees are expressed as a percentage of the payment amount. All fees are in U.S. Dollars unless otherwise stated. Any time a payment is made to a third party, the payment is made from your PayDivvy Balance. If you do not have an available PayDivvy Balance, PayDivvy will initiate a charge to your Default Payment Method to Load your PayDivvy Balance and then immediately transfer the funds from your PayDivvy Balance to the third party. If you use your credit card as the Payment Method, your credit card company may charge you a cash-advance fee.
Payment using a PayDivvy Balance: Free
Payment using a Bank Account: Free
Payment using a Debit or Credit Card: 3.5% of Transaction Value (fees may be applied retroactively)
Seems as though the User Agreement has changed since the OP.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:58 pm
xp0

(fees may be applied retroactively) <---- Ouch....
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
I joined today and this is noted on my account:
Code:
Bank Accounts - for withdrawals only, payments via bank account coming soon
Currently, you can't even send money using your bank account, so the only option is to send it via credit card. I'll contact them and let you all know what their reply is.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I have been using it --until the existence of this thread kills it
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I have been using it --until the existence of this thread kills it
And are you getting charged 3.5%?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
And are you getting charged 3.5%?
haven't yet but now that I have revealed this fact, I am killing it
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
haven't yet but now that I have revealed this fact, I am killing it
Don't worry, they say fees may be applied retroactively. Six months from now...

Mike
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:50 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by goAsia
Seems as though the User Agreement has changed since the OP.
Thanks for pointing that out. Quite a huge change from the original Terms & Conditions.

Can anyone explain how this company gets and maintains a customer base. I just don't get the business model with a 3.5% fee and low interest rates on float.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
Don't worry, they say fees may be applied retroactively. Six months from now...

Mike
ouch. time to change out those ccs hahaha
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
seems like this died before I even came to know about it!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:02 am

it's official, this is useless

here is the email I received when I asked them about the fee:

Hi [___],

Yes, we recently added a 3.5% fee for all debit and credit card transactions. We will be adding bank account payments next week which will be free.

Best,

- The PayDivvy Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.