[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by wolfsatz
I'm seeing the same thing. I 50,000 bonus and about 4,000 points for the first billing cycle spend. I'll check again in a day or two for the 2nd 50,000 bonus.
Same here, sounds normal. Guessing the other 50 will post separately.
Old May 12, 2011, 9:55 pm

not sure how to spend 2500 for the lst 3 months....was going to pay property tax but already paid last month, car insurance paid in March...spent over 2k on air tickets last month....geez, my timing is off

any suggestions? thinking of the $1 coins to purchase $1000 but what about the other $1500?
Old May 13, 2011, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by metoo
not sure how to spend 2500 for the lst 3 months....was going to pay property tax but already paid last month, car insurance paid in March...spent over 2k on air tickets last month....geez, my timing is off

any suggestions? thinking of the $1 coins to purchase $1000 but what about the other $1500?
Get an AmEx gift card ... I think we may do that if it looks like we're coming up short.
Old May 13, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by metoo

Why don't you donate to charity using the card. Maybe it is time to give back.
Old May 13, 2011, 10:41 am

I do ..Charity contribution gets deducted from my paycheck monthly
Old May 13, 2011, 1:37 pm

Statement closed yesterday (May 12), and online PDF statement shows 100K has transferred to BAEC. Miles have not shown up on BAEC account yet, so it seems that Chase is posting miles as soon as the billing cycle closes, and takes a couple of days to hit BAEC.
Old May 13, 2011, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Statement closed yesterday (May 12), and online PDF statement shows 100K has transferred to BAEC. Miles have not shown up on BAEC account yet, so it seems that Chase is posting miles as soon as the billing cycle closes, and takes a couple of days to hit BAEC.
Good tip--I looked at my PDF statement and it says this:

Miles earned for purchases this period 4,230
Enrollment bonus miles 50,000
Total miles transferred to Executive Club 54,230

I wonder where my other 50,000 are!!
Old May 13, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA, BA
I got the BA Exec Club Welcome email with my account number, no PIN, this morning. Just called Chase to see if I can get my CC rushed now that my account was setup with BA and they told me I am still pending, even though I called the same line yesterday and was told I was approved and what my credit limit would be.

Story keeps changing. I do not know who or what to believe.

I am just going to wait another week and hope my CC arrives safely(with 100k promo intact).
Old May 13, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: All of em...
I was originally declined for the card when speaking to the CSR rep the day after my application for too many new cards (6 in 6 weeks...1 Chase), and then I called a different CSR, and he re-considered, and sent it for processing.
Called several more times, "processing".

Sent a secure message to Chase through my account for the Continental Card telling them I really wanted the card and needed to know if I was approved b/c I am overseas and won't be home for 4 weeks.
The next day I received an email from British Airways Executive Club with my pin.
The day after - my login id.

Today a message back from Chase with GREAT NEWS:

"Please note that your request for a Visa Platinum British Airways card has been approved. A letter has been sent which includes more detailed information."

SWEET! Data point - 2 Chase cards approved within 9 weeks of each other.
Old May 13, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
Ugh -- still no points here; and no bonus points reflecting on my first statement...
Old May 13, 2011, 5:19 pm

Another data point.

Statement closed 5/11 and 1st 50K showed up on BA's website today (5/13). Didn't meet the $2500 spending requirement yet so I may have to wait til next billing cycle closes to get the other 50K. Or maybe it'll just show up after reaching $2500. Guess I'll know when I know.
Old May 14, 2011, 5:26 am

Miles transferred from Chase to BAEC, and posted to BAEC account already! First class Cathay awards booked and ticketed. What a sweet deal this was!!
Old May 14, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: AA, BA
Got my BA PIN emailed to me this morning. Called Chase CSR and got my card rushed, and should be here in 1-2 days. I hope I am still enrolled with the 100k promo after all of this.
Old May 14, 2011, 9:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cochino_BA
Got my BA PIN emailed to me this morning. Called Chase CSR and got my card rushed, and should be here in 1-2 days. I hope I am still enrolled with the 100k promo after all of this.
When you call to activate, the CSR will tell you. Mine wouldn't shut up for anything. It was clear she was reading a script and short of hanging up on her, there was no way to get out of the conversation and end it.
Old May 14, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: AA
51k posted on my account...The other 50k should be coming after the next billing cycle!

I was so pissed when I missed this deal the last time.

Originally Posted by Stoughton
When you call to activate, the CSR will tell you. Mine wouldn't shut up for anything. It was clear she was reading a script and short of hanging up on her, there was no way to get out of the conversation and end it.
Was your CSR from the Philippines? When me and my activated our cards, it was clear that the person on the other line was in the Philippines (I can say that because I was born there...And I know what their English sounds like).

And yes, that phone call dragged for a while...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.