[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by infamousdx
Ahhh statement closed 5/9 with $2500 spend hit.
Today, 5/11, 103,000 some odd miles posted to my BA account!

rock on!
I hit the spend limit too but only 54230 showing in my account right now. Was yours one or two separate descriptions? (ie 100,000 or 50,000 and 50,000)?
Old May 12, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by User Name
I can't remember the last time I read the words I remember reading somewhere that... on Flyertalk where what was typed subsequently was actually correct. This is a genuinely helpful hint for all those who have typed these very words recently. By all means use search/Google to get to the details.
That's not helpful. If you actually have a data point by all means share it.
Old May 12, 2011, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by snowymt
I hit the spend limit too but only 54230 showing in my account right now. Was yours one or two separate descriptions? (ie 100,000 or 50,000 and 50,000)?
Code:
08-May-11	 11-May-11	 Finance Card - BA VISA NON BA SPEND    	 0	 3,836
08-May-11	 11-May-11	 Finance Card - BA VISA BONUS MILES    	 0	 50,000
08-May-11	 11-May-11	 Finance Card - BA VISA BONUS MILES    	 0	 50,000
                                                             Total:	0	103836
Old May 12, 2011, 11:48 am

thanks! I wonder if I should wait a few days or call to ask about the other 50k miles

Did you pay off your bill yet? Maybe that makes a difference?
Old May 12, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
One warning on making a single, large, "strange" purchase. In addition to some daily misc typical spending (gas, groceries, etc.) I bought 2K worth of AmEx gift card, to get to 2,500 spend the first month. I guess Chase called me a couple of times to try to verify the purchase, but didn't leave a msg (I noticed the unknown phone #s on my cell but didn't return the calls). Then they blocked the card, and I had to call to cust svc and verify that this was a legitimate spend. Just an FYI.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by GoGreen
My "daughter" applied just before the deadline, was deferred. Yesterday a Chase Fraud rep called asking for her, to have her verify some information on her British Airways cc app; I took the message to have her return the call. The rep sounded quite friendly. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks, we are getting so close to another 100K ....
Phone call went OK. They just wanted to confirm if it was really me (her) that applied for the card. I answered in the affirmative. Then she wanted to identify me and asked for a previous address. That was a little tough, I couldn't come up with a full address (PO Box number) but she was semi-satisfied. She gave me another chance, asked for another address in (she named my town), so I had that down pat. Next wanted to know two other credit cards that I have. I said I'd have to look up the numbers, she said she just wanted the names of the banks. I said C _ _ _ and C _ _ _ _ _ _ O _ _ . She was satisfied with that. She said I had put on the application that I wanted a card for another user, was that correct and who was it? I gave her the name and said for my mother. Then she asked which address they should mail the card to. That was a little tough because I couldn't remember whether I used her parents address or her apartment on the application. Then she put me on hold and when she returned said I would receive the decision in 7 - 14 business days via mail. I asked if she thought it would be a positive one, she said she thought so, they just needed to set up the account. YAY! The Chase fraud department is more routine, almost rote, easier than Citi which is really suspicious.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by JohnOdd
Jeez,

I just got my new BA card in the mail today, haven't even activated it yet. I'm hoping i can call in tomorrow and ask for the 100,000 mile treatment.
Doubt that happens. These folks are stingy. Need the promo.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: All of em...
For those who have been approved after a waiting period - does receiving emails from British Arways stating you are now a member of Executive Club and giving you the Executive Club login info mean that you were approved for the card?

The csr told me that it would be 7-14 business days and they were waiting on British Airways. Then 2 days later I got the emails from BA about my account being opened.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
For those who have been approved after a waiting period - does receiving emails from British Arways stating you are now a member of Executive Club and giving you the Executive Club login info mean that you were approved for the card?

The csr told me that it would be 7-14 business days and they were waiting on British Airways. Then 2 days later I got the emails from BA about my account being opened.
yes, ba doesn't set up the account until youre approved.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
Yes, I received the same call from the fraud department. They verified my social security number and amount of my car loan (I'm guessing from the credit check). After I answered their questions, they finished submitting the application and received my card in the mail about a week later.

Originally Posted by GoGreen
My "daughter" applied just before the deadline, was deferred. Yesterday a Chase Fraud rep called asking for her, to have her verify some information on her British Airways cc app; I took the message to have her return the call. The rep sounded quite friendly. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks, we are getting so close to another 100K ....
Old May 12, 2011, 6:11 pm

Received my BA cc today and it has my executive club number. But when i go on the site, it would ask me for a PIN or Password. Am I supposed to be sent one? I have been on wait for over half hour on the phone. Am I supposed to ask someone from BA for PIN number via telephone?
Old May 12, 2011, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Received my BA cc today and it has my executive club number. But when i go on the site, it would ask me for a PIN or Password. Am I supposed to be sent one? I have been on wait for over half hour on the phone. Am I supposed to ask someone from BA for PIN number via telephone?
The PIN should have come in a separate email from BA
Old May 12, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SW RR, UA Mileage+
Originally Posted by snowymt
I'm seeing the same thing. I 50,000 bonus and about 4,000 points for the first billing cycle spend. I'll check again in a day or two for the 2nd 50,000 bonus.
Old May 12, 2011, 6:30 pm

Thanks for your response.

My BA CC was a rush mail, 2 business days for delivery. Perhaps BA is thinking it will take 7 days so no email yet for PIN

I hope this is the case...so much confusion I had with applying
Old May 12, 2011, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by metoo
Perhaps BA is thinking it will take 7 days so no email yet for PIN
My wife got the pin, but is still waiting for the card.

dh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.