Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver
Wow! I just logged on yesterday, rather randomly, and saw this offer. Applied and received instant approval. Wasn't sure what I was going to use the miles on, since we don't really travel internationally yet, but with this option, the options are wide open. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!
Just an FYI... you can only use BA miles to get AA milesaver awards. NOT Anytime awards.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Asked for reconsideration yesterday. Approval was recommended. Thanks Ingy!
Old May 6, 2011, 10:51 am

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Thumbs up 100,000 deal is GONE..It is now 50,000 BA miles offer

Used the OP link today...
Deal is Gone...Replaced by 50,000 miles BA

But I got mine before the deadline...
Thanks to the OP for your post ...
and my getting 100,000 miles and BA card...
tj
Old May 6, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Just another datapoint-- Just got the "Welcome to BA Executive Club" e-mail with my new account number. I still get nowhere when I call the Chase automated status line, but I guess based on previous posters' experiences, it looks like I may have been approved.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:28 am

Yes, same thing happened here on deferred approval before my card arrived, congrats!
Old May 6, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriot, Alaska Air, AAdvantage, Hilton Honors Diamond, British Airways
I have been on a credit card application binge the last few months after discovering this site and flyertalk.

I applied for this card about 3 weeks ago and was denied due to the number of new cards I have. I have opened 2 AAdvantage Visa's, 1 Starwood Amex and 1 HHonors Surpass accounts since the end of March. I also have more seasoned Alaska Air Visa and Chase Marriott Visa accounts.

After being denied...I noticed that Chase was kind enough to automatically increase my credit limit on my Marriott Visa. Seeing that they did that..I decided to call the reconsideration number. After only a couple of minutes I was approved and given the 100k in BA points. YAY!!!

A big THANK YOU to The Points Guy. His website reminded me that the proomo was ending and gave me the phone number to call.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glocklt4
4 Domestic AA tickets at total cost of $20 in fees. ^
Well, to be picky, 4 domestic roundtrip non-stop AA tickets cost a total of $20 in fees.

But the fee is $2.50 per flight leg, up to $5 per one-way direction, so if you make a connection each time, it could get as high as $40 for 4 domestic roundtrip multi-leg AA tickets. (But no more than $40.)

But the point is, this is the same "9/11" fee that is charged on domestic award tickets by every airline. If you've redeemed miles (or Southwest credits) for a domestic ailrine ticket beffore (since the "9/11" fee went into effect), you've seen this charge (and only this charge) on most award redemptions (assuming you weren't hit by airline-specific fees like "close-in ticketing" or "phone ticketing" or whatever.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I applied on April 20 getting a “pending message”.
Was patient and decide not to call if I did not get any mail/email in 2 weeks.
Got BA welcome email on April 21.
Got card in mail on 4/27.
Activated on 4/28, made couple of purchases.
Statement cycle closed on 5/3
Today I have 50K BA miles on my account!
I am a very happy man!
I am amazed about the quick turnaround on this deal!
Now to do some damage and get the $2.5K
Old May 6, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k, LT Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA 1MM
Check the paperwork!

When I received my card and the usual paperwork, there was no mention of the 100,000 miles. I called the 800 number on the back of the card and the CS rep said that she didn't see the code for the miles.

I asked her to check and see if there was a mistake. She took about 5 minutes and came back and told me that she now sees the code and that the 100,000 miles was part of the deal.

Bottom line, check the paperwork closely.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by mbru
When I received my card and the usual paperwork, there was no mention of the 100,000 miles. I called the 800 number on the back of the card and the CS rep said that she didn't see the code for the miles.

I asked her to check and see if there was a mistake. She took about 5 minutes and came back and told me that she now sees the code and that the 100,000 miles was part of the deal.

Bottom line, check the paperwork closely.
If your paperwork says nothing about the 100K and you did in fact have the 100K on your account, what are we looking for in the paperwork?
Old May 6, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by davlor
For those of you who have received your 50k + 50k bonuses, how long has it usually taken between making the first purchase (or first topping $2500) and getting the miles in your BA account? Do they normally pay out at the end of the statement period, or is there an additional lag time? Just curious. Sorry if this has already been answered; I couldn't find the answer.
Wow, welcome to posting on FT, You have been lurking for 5 years!

My wife has not got it yet, but usually get it at the end of the statement.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by travelerjim
Used the OP link today...
Deal is Gone...Replaced by 50,000 miles BA

But I got mine before the deadline...
Thanks to the OP for your post ...
and my getting 100,000 miles and BA card...
tj
You are right. Thankfully applied a few hours ago.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
spent $2500....waiting for 100K to poast

waiting for wifey's card to arrive to spend $25 hunnerd and get miles to poast.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:11 pm

Apply BY May 6, 2011 !

"Apply by May 6, 2011 and you’ll receive our most generous enrollment offer of the year—up to 100,000 bonus BA Miles."

Not the clearest choice of words..."apply by" rather than "apply before"...or is it just me? I didn't read this that closely before and thought we had all day today. Usually when you tell someone they need to do something by a certain date, isn't it implied that the deadline is inclusive of that date?

I must admit my procrastinating nature got the best of me, so maybe I'm just ranting due to sour grapes. Does anyone have a toll-free phone number where I can get a real person to plead my case? I don't mind "wasting" fifteen minutes of my life - LOL. Thanks!

Hopefully, this wasn't already addressed in the 63 preceding pages somewhere...
Old May 6, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage; United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by fanoftravel
"Apply by May 6, 2011 and you’ll receive our most generous enrollment offer of the year—up to 100,000 bonus BA Miles."

Not the clearest choice of words..."apply by" rather than "apply before"...or is it just me? I didn't read this that closely before and thought we had all day today. Usually when you tell someone they need to do something by a certain date, isn't it implied that the deadline is inclusive of that date?

I must admit my procrastinating nature got the best of me, so maybe I'm just ranting due to sour grapes. Does anyone have a toll-free phone number where I can get a real person to plead my case? I don't mind "wasting" fifteen minutes of my life - LOL. Thanks!

Hopefully, this wasn't already addressed in the 63 preceding pages somewhere...
Keep us posted. Would be nice to still be able to get in on the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.