Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by swat16
Call Chase and ask to have your statement closing date changed to someday next week. That way you should get the 50K within a couple days of the statement closing date provided your first purchase has posted.
I was able to change my closing date online as well - it probably needs to be at least a week to 10 days out, but you should be able to do it there as well.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:33 am
jk2

Applied for this card, didn't get an instant approval. Called next day - was told that an application is in approval department (or something like that) and credit limit is 16.5K. I was happy until I called them today. Rep told me that she is unable to approve my application because I applied for 8 cards during the last 12 months (my last application was in February). I have 3 Chase cards + checking/savings with them. Never been late with payments, etc. Actually, I am surprised that she didn't want to negotiate - to move credit lines, close other cards, etc. She was like a rock - no willing to help. Honestly, I don't think that 8 apps in a year is a big number, but they have different thoughts. Do you guys think I should call them back and continue negotiate - may be with other department?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:13 am

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by jk2
Applied for this card, didn't get an instant approval. Called next day - was told that an application is in approval department (or something like that) and credit limit is 16.5K. I was happy until I called them today. Rep told me that she is unable to approve my application because I applied for 8 cards during the last 12 months (my last application was in February). I have 3 Chase cards + checking/savings with them. Never been late with payments, etc. Actually, I am surprised that she didn't want to negotiate - to move credit lines, close other cards, etc. She was like a rock - no willing to help. Honestly, I don't think that 8 apps in a year is a big number, but they have different thoughts. Do you guys think I should call them back and continue negotiate - may be with other department?
"If you don't like what you hear, call back until you do."
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AA, CX Asia Miles, United MileagePlus, HHonors
If I was considering flying to Israel using these BA miles, would I be charged the $400+ YQ charge that Europe destinations are charged?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by cloudeleven
If I was considering flying to Israel using these BA miles, would I be charged the $400+ YQ charge that Europe destinations are charged?
BA is an equal opportunity price gouger.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by dilvala
i was approved for Chase Hyatt card in March. And couple of Citi cards, one which required $4000 spending.

Initally was declined for the Chase BA card, called and said that i caried to much balance and had 1 old badie on credit report. I suggested if paying down would help, and she said they will reconsider.

So after paying off the $4000 on the citi card, i made sure it updated on the credit report and called back. So today i was approved with $3500 credit limit. The approval is still pending further review.

hope this helps anyone else that might be in the same boat.

my other option was to close down the Chase Hyatt card and transfer the credit line, they did not offer splitting the line just transfer. (that was my back up)
Have you heard back from them? Same boat as you They initially declined my card (short credit history, one high balance on a card, several credit inquiries). Called them up, explained my situation (just moved to US as a grad student and only started working 1.5 yrs ago, never late for payments, paying off most of my balance every month) and the nice lady on the phone approved it with a $1K limit (low, but I'm happy to just get someone to approve it at that point!). However, she passed me on to "credit analyst" who proceeded to ask me to verify things on my application, which I think I passed. She told me to await decision for 7-14 days, so I don't know where I stand now. I called the 888 number to check my application but it just said to wait 2 weeks....
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
If you tell me your origin, I could let you know how much YQ it will be.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
FWIW, i posted before about calling to get added to the 100k bonus when i actually signed up under the 50k. I apparently applied on 2/12 but didn't see that someone called about getting bumped to 100k promo until 4/16, and that's 63 days after. They denied the bump up and said it absolutely has to be 60 or less or they will not do it. After threatening to cancel the card right then because that's ridiculous... they offered 25k bonus to keep the card. So not a completely lost cause, but 25k less for 3 days sucks! Wish i had thought of it earlier! Live and learn - will always try to call and get bumped up to new promos even though so many promos in all industries say that previous purchases (applications) do not qualify.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
If you tell me your origin, I could let you know how much YQ it will be.
LIT

Not sure it's worth getting this card if I'd have to pay $400+ YQ plus a $95 AF. Or could I use these miles on AA to Israel and come out better?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
...Be aware that Chase considers the starting date for the three months in which to spend $2500 to earn the second 50,000 miles to be the date you applied for the card. Although I didn't do this, other posts in this thread have indicated that you may request an adjustment of that date for Chase's delay in getting you the card.
I was told by a supervisor that the clock starts on activation, so we have conflicting information here. Since I'm going to buy two $1000 tickets within the next few weeks, I'm not really concerned, but I guess playing it safe would be the best idea.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zamboni Driver
I was able to change my closing date online as well - it probably needs to be at least a week to 10 days out, but you should be able to do it there as well.
I tried that, but got this message:

Unable to Complete Your Request

We were unable to complete your request at this time. You are not eligible to change your bill due date at this time. Possible reasons for this include: you have a new card or you have changed your bill due date within the past 180 days.

My current due date is June 8. I received the card April 17. I don't think I'll bother calling them for a change.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Apr 29, 2011 at 9:05 am
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Finally received my card in the mail yesterday. I applied on 4/16 and got the "further processing needed" message. The card showed up in my chase.com account management online on 4/20 and came in the mail on 4/28. They must be overwhelmed with apps, since my CO card was processed and mailed much faster in Feb.

I confirmed the 50K + 50K promo when I called to activate the card. When asked, the CSR said the 90-day period for the second 50K miles starts from the day I was approved.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by akcae
Finally received my card in the mail yesterday. I applied on 4/16 and got the "further processing needed" message. The card showed up in my chase.com account management online on 4/20 and came in the mail on 4/28. They must be overwhelmed with apps, since my CO card was processed and mailed much faster in Feb.

I confirmed the 50K + 50K promo when I called to activate the card. When asked, the CSR said the 90-day period for the second 50K miles starts from the day I was approved.
Is there a way to make a purchase with the card before it arrives in the mail? I'd like to buy plane tickets, but may not want to wait for the card to arrive in 2 weeks.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Is there a way to make a purchase with the card before it arrives in the mail? I'd like to buy plane tickets, but may not want to wait for the card to arrive in 2 weeks.
You MIGHT be able to call and ask for your account number, but I doubt this would work...
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akcae

So now we have three answers for when the clock starts for the three-month period -- upon application, upon approval and upon activation. That's pretty funny, actually.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.