[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
How long does it usually take for Chase to approve or reject a new card application that was completed online?
Old May 2, 2011, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller
How long does it usually take for Chase to approve or reject a new card application that was completed online?
I had instant approval but it wasn't really approved for 13 days. It still hasn't shown up on my online account and no card. It's been 18 days.
Old May 2, 2011, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by bubb1
Glad to see yet another mega bonus here, I plan to jump in (along with my fiance) in a few weeks. The last 9 months have been nuts! 4x 75k AA, 2x 50k CO, 50k Amex, 2x 110k C1!
Originally Posted by diclemeg
How did you get TWO 50K CO ???? Is one a business card? Or did you get one for your wife?
bubb1 , I would like to know how you actually got two 50k CO bonuses as well. Are you sure you got the second bonus to this date and not recieved the rejection letter for that bonus?

Last edited by scwam; May 2, 2011 at 6:27 pm
Old May 2, 2011, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller

In the case of my husband, four days since he applied. Today I suspected he had been approved because he received an e-mail advising of his new British Airways account number. I called the Chase 800 number and sho nuff, he was approved! And thank goodness he didn't even have to call to provide more info or move a credit line. I don't know how long it will take to receive the card; I'm not going to fret unless a couple weeks go by without it. However -- YMMV.
Old May 2, 2011, 7:09 pm

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by scwam
bubb1 , I would like to know how you actually got two 50k CO bonuses as well. Are you sure you got the second bonus to this date and not recieved the rejection letter for that bonus?
What part of "along with my fiance" are you guys not understanding?
Old May 2, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: aa
Anyone had luck getting the annual fee waived for the first year?
Old May 2, 2011, 8:26 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I applied like on April 10th with instant approval and my card is "suppose to arrive" in the next 2-days. What ever ridiculous if you ask me...
Old May 2, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
I had instant approval for my wife and for me and our cards arrived with one week. I don't know how they can get this offer to pencil out. Could have kicked myself for missing the first offer a year or so ago, so pounced in this offer immediately. They made it SO easy. At about the same time my wife received an offer from Citi-Bank for 50,000 AAdvantage miles when she charges $4,000 in four months.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
I got charged for $95 as annual membership fee already. I received the card 2 weeks back and was not anticipating this until next year. That was quick. Anyway of waiving it? Looks like it is only me so far.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Chase will expediite if you ask them to... + Chase update

Originally Posted by cagalindo
I applied like on April 10th with instant approval and my card is "suppose to arrive" in the next 2-days. What ever ridiculous if you ask me...
All, if you need(or want) the card sooner, call Chase on the day you find out you are approved and ask them to expedite the card. I just got approval (after going through the the reconsideration #) and asked to have it expedited. She said it should be here in 1 business day.

Chase Data Point:
For the record, I have now been approved for 3 chase cards in ~ 90 days. IHG 80K, Co 50K and now BA 100K! On Co I was asked to move credit lines around, and on BA I was asked to close my 1.5 year old United card which I don't use anyway. I called the reconsideration # 1 day after applying.

Thanks Chase, FT, Mint, and the great blogs of the community! :-)
Old May 2, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
annual fee

Originally Posted by kay_jay
I got charged for $95 as annual membership fee already. I received the card 2 weeks back and was not anticipating this until next year. That was quick. Anyway of waiving it? Looks like it is only me so far.
This card comes with an annual fee. On some cards, it says First year annual fee waved..That is not the case for this card and, for example, the AMEX Platinum.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:52 pm

new trend?

Originally Posted by stealph
This card comes with an annual fee. On some cards, it says First year annual fee waved..That is not the case for this card and, for example, the AMEX Platinum.
this may be the case for a lot of new cards...seems like the bonuses goes up, and there are no ways to avoid the fees....cheaper bonuses for fee free cards...they may be getting wise2us and getting the fee up front. I have a bunch I need to cancel or downgrade to fee free cards because they have the annual fee coming up....I mean, really? does anyone pay the $175 for a AMEX gold MR card unless they really really have to? How many will keep both the business and personal SPG cards they got last spring...or the personal and business CitiAA cards?, once the fee is due.

Someone said here that the payment of the annual fee on the BA card triggers the first 50k bonus.....makes sense in a way.
Old May 3, 2011, 3:57 am

there have been some reports on slickdeals of people that were successful getting the fee waived by calling customer service. i'm sure it's a huge YMMV.
Old May 3, 2011, 5:49 am

I tried calling to get it waived and even went up to the supervisor with no luck. They said "This is not a fee we waive"
Old May 3, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: most of them
100K miles for $95 seems like a pretty good deal to me. Since they never said it was first year waived I don't know why you would expect them to waive it.

I applied about 3 weeks ago and still no card. Was not immediately approved. After 1 week I called to check status. Rep suggested moving credit line from my UA MP card. Which I agreed to do. He told me he was not able to authorize the card himself but that "another pair of eyes" would have to approve it. That seems to have been done because my UA card limit has been reduced as we had discussed. But still no card and it does not show up online. I'm not in a giant hurry though. So I figure it will get here when it gets here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.