Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: Grounded
Originally Posted by tassojunior
A lot depends on whether Citi would use the same report. Also if the pulls resulted in new accounts which are now on all credit reports. If Citi sees 2 pulls your chances are at least diminished.

I'd at least wait 60 days after the July 6 pull which is just a couple weeks. But that's me, who's been burned and is now more cautious.
Thanks guys. July 6 was SPG, so new account there July 26 was a background check, but Experian posted it as "home loan" so I don't expect any new accounts out of that. So as far as 2 new accounts with citi, I'm in the clear on that.

Given that it seems like this will actually last until Oct 31, I think I'll wait until 9/6. The other question is what to do since I plan on pulling for both the 50/50 Visa and the 75k AMEX. Wait until 9/26?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by greendx
You get prompted for one during the application and it says that if you don't have one, one will be generated. Not sure how quick you get the number that is generated during the process so if planning on applying for more than one card in this deal I would first sign up for an AA# and use that number on each application.
OK, I tried to create one on aa.com but it kept saying something was wrong, try later. This was on Safari on Mac OS X. Got fed up and applied directly for the 75k Amex, approved right away.

But no confirmation emails, especially confirmation of terms.

And I had an option to enroll for online and paperless so I did that and all it returned was "Registration Requested." Again no emails for that either.

Now I want to do the 75k Visa but is there any way to find out the AAdvantage number they assigned to me before I get the mailings? Two weeks, are they for real? I leave on an overseas trip on 9/5 so it would be nice to have to get started on the spending.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
My parents both applied for these cards and their applications are still pending. They do not utilize credit like I do, their mortgage is paid off, and my mom, like many women her age, relies on her husband to do all the "paperwork." I've schooled her about getting her own lines of credit and hopefully she will be approved for at least a small credit line.
OT:

It is good for you to "coach" your mom to get a card under her own name.

Please help her to establish her own credit history. Else, in the event if she is widowed, she would have a very hard time to get credit extended to her but then it would be too late for her to do anything about it.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
OK, I tried to create one on aa.com but it kept saying something was wrong, try later. This was on Safari on Mac OS X. Got fed up and applied directly for the 75k Amex, approved right away.
Have you tried to use IE or even Firefox? AA site often has issues with Safari and the glitch (of using Safari) has been reported in AA forum many times. Occasionally it does not like the latest FF version as well...

But no confirmation emails, especially confirmation of terms.

And I had an option to enroll for online and paperless so I did that and all it returned was "Registration Requested." Again no emails for that either.
Congrat email usually comes in a day or 2 - it is not instant.

Now I want to do the 75k Visa but is there any way to find out the AAdvantage number they assigned to me before I get the mailings? Two weeks, are they for real? I leave on an overseas trip on 9/5 so it would be nice to have to get started on the spending.
It does not matter that you do not have an AA number yet. The miles would just sit at Citi's side, until Citi goes through the process of requesting AA account for you and then matches it with your AA card. Once that is done, AGAIN, it is NOT instant - most likely a batch process - all your miles accumulated so far will then be transferred to your new AA account.

That is why it is advisable to get an AA account FIRST before doing the application. Though it is a moot point for you now but you do not need to wait for your AA number before starting the spending.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tassojunior
There's an early post with a screenshot of the 100K offer.
Could someone please repost the 50K/50K offer with the bonus miles amount explicitly listed? TIA.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: MTA NYCTA Super Plutonium Elite
Originally Posted by loomis
Could someone please repost the 50K/50K offer with the bonus miles amount explicitly listed? TIA.
There's a screenshot at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14390260-post121.html
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by loomis
posts 66-69 have the screen shot and links.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: United, AA, SPG Gold
Miles post next day

My first statement closed on 8/20 and I had miles on 8/22. Picked up two RT LAX-OGG (Maui) flights for 35k each. Not bad for free (retail value: $1250).
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
what oh what can I spend $600 more dollars on before the first statement closes?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA, UA Gold, SPG, Marriott Gold
My wife's personal 75k AmX and my business 75k Visa arrived today. Confirmed the 75k after spend for both. Applied for both on Sunday (8 days ago). Her's was instant approval. Had to call in for the business and was approved over the phone on Sunday.

My personal AmX was declined. Her business Visa is STILL in limbo. Not really sure of the hold up, but would be a coup to get another 75k. I called again and got the pre-recorded message that the business card is still in process. The last time I spoke to a human, they just said to wait, no more info required. So I'm waiting.

Last edited by blakeIV; Aug 24, 2010 at 6:24 am
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by tripaddict
what oh what can I spend $600 more dollars on before the first statement closes?
Dollar coins always work
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tripaddict
Coins?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
I am a Citi AAdvantage card virgin.

Got the 100,000K offer and applied the same day. I recieved a letter in the mail saying they needed some additional info to verify my address, which is on a newly built road so I guess it didn't appear on their database. I was gone for a couple of days and when I returned home they sent me another letter stating they needed a phone/water or cable bill that showed my address, so I sent Citi a copy.

Well, today I got the approval letter in the mail and they said Iwould get the card in the next 7-10 days.

QUESTION: Is 7-10 days gospel or a padded time frame? I need to pay my daughter's tuition, a $6,500 charge would be a great start on reaching 10K spend in the first year.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Citi AA, Citi PPE
Smile Patience is rewarded?

I received the offer today in the mail, 75k for a business visa card. Did the online appl and got the we'll get back to you message.

I had previously applied via a link posted here and got the same message. No reply yet after 7+ days.

I have existing corp cards with Chase and MBNA going back years.

Got approved for the SPG card recently, asap. Have Citi gold and got all the recent offers AA has to offer except Plat.

My wife got the same offer today also. Should she apply also?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:36 pm
cnn

Originally Posted by rearview
Does anyone here have experience with overpaying Comcast bills? If my account
is still current and later on I request a refund, will Comcast send me a check or they will credit back to the CC? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.