[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Have there been any data points on how quickly the bonus miles have posted for anyone? I applied for and received the 50/50 biz visa. I have already spent the required 10k and my first statement period will close 10/4. At that time, I will post how many miles showed up on the first statement. In the meantime, any data points on this are appreciated. I apologize if there are such data-points buried somewhere in this 134 page thread that I haven't found.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AAUSTEX
Have there been any data points on how quickly the bonus miles have posted for anyone? I applied for and received the 50/50 biz visa. I have already spent the required 10k and my first statement period will close 10/4.
Mine typically post @ midnight of the evening after the closing date, so in your case (if the same holds true as mine), you'd see it the morning of the 6th
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Step 3, email a few days later with denial for not being a first time cardmember...So, is there anyway to fight this? If yes, on what grounds, what can I suggest/propose? I don't think so but I would like to hear from the experts here...

There goes my lifetime Gold status
Old Sep 28, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Mine typically post @ midnight of the evening after the closing date, so in your case (if the same holds true as mine), you'd see it the morning of the 6th
Same, I already received 75k for the first card and 50k from the second and both followed this pattern.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Stoughton and johndeere19 thanks for your datapoints. Anyone had the 2nd 50k from the 100k offer post already? Curious if it is going to be 6-8 weeks as stated in the offer.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Stoughton and johndeere19 thanks for your datapoints. Anyone had the 2nd 50k from the 100k offer post already? Curious if it is going to be 6-8 weeks as stated in the offer.
No, I'm still working on the spend, but the 75k from one of the other AA cards posted in the same time frame so I suspect the 2nd 50k would do the same.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Mine was posted to the AA account 2 days after the statement was closed in the beginning of Sept. Other posts have also reported the same if you have looked back a few pages to check.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by buschoi
Mine was posted to the AA account 2 days after the statement was closed in the beginning of Sept. Other posts have also reported the same if you have looked back a few pages to check.
My first 50K miles posted quickly as previously described in multiple posts in this thread. While I'm not quite yet at the $10K spend for the second 50K miles (will be there soon), multiple CSRs told me that the second segment post just as quickly as the first, even though the terms state 6-8 weeks.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
My first 50K miles posted quickly as previously described in multiple posts in this thread. While I'm not quite yet at the $10K spend for the second 50K miles (will be there soon), multiple CSRs told me that the second segment post just as quickly as the first, even though the terms state 6-8 weeks.
It should post just like the first one, after midnight of the day after statement close day, when the spending requirement is met on that statement cycle. If a weekend is involved, it may take an extra day or 2.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by greenbombadil
I clicked on the link above for the 50K/50K Visa, was approved through that site and haven't received any email confirm. It then struck me that the link could be compromised or a fake to get info. I'm worried now as I gave SS #. Has anyone else linked and applied through this link? And why, when I did, is there no information on the cite page about the miles promotion?
most of us used the link. no issues
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
That is correct. That's how I got 110K miles in my AA account, two days after my first statement closed in early September. I reported it back then.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:37 am

I applied for the two personal cards. I had to leave my computer while it was processing and never saw the results because it automatically logged me out by the time I returned.

I just got a rejection for the Visa card (credit score too low, which is very odd since Credit Karma tells me it's 766) and have not heard yet on the AMEX card. Is it possible the AMEX is still out there and I got approved? Would it make any sense to try now to apply for the business one?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 10:45 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Two more data points - my father got a Visa personal while he currently has an Amex personal and Amex business. He charged over $1500 and already got his 50k.

My fiance has an AA Amex personal and applied for AA Visa personal but was denied due to existing account.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Two more data points - my father got a Visa personal while he currently has an Amex personal and Amex business. He charged over $1500 and already got his 50k.

My fiance has an AA Amex personal and applied for AA Visa personal but was denied due to existing account.
The difference may lie on the question of WHEN was the last AA card opened.

When was your father's last AA AMEX personal card opened?

When was your fiance's AA AMEX personal card opened?

That may give more useful information that the simplified data point of just the final outcome without the lead-in data.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 6:11 pm

I saw another version of 100,000 bonus miles today when I booked air tickets at AA.com. The conditions seem worse than the original one, but you get a link which actually shows the bonus miles.

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...2D3B5214D72E2A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.