Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Fidelity bonus offers for all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:02 am

sorry, posted this in wrong thread. moved to other thread.

Last edited by HikerT; Jul 20, 2011 at 11:40 am
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Well that's interesting. Perhaps Fidelity is simply preventing the triple dip, and is aware of double dipping. The leading theory up till now has been that signing up for DL and MR too soon to each other generates the ding on MR.

I effectively did the same thing as you (in what is bolded):
1) signed up for MR (Wednesday)
2) Deposited (Wednesday)
3) Signed up for DL (Thursday).

Saturday got the ding e-mail for MR.

Of course, I also had a step '0' which was signing up for AA, opening the account and linking my banks, which was 2 weeks earlier.

I've 'only' been paid out AA and DL, and formally rejected on the MR.
this does seem to suggest double dip is fine, but not triple.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by HikerT
Friend just tried AA+MR as a new customer. He got AA miles this weekend. Ding letter on MR. Seems like MR must go first.
Thanks... Was planning to do the above for my wife... Did AA + DL for myself.

Based on this...

AA + DL OKAY
MR + DL OKAY

so looks like you cannot get both AA and MR.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:23 am

The only thing is... MR might work later, so you must weigh inability to get AA later vs. possibility to get MR later.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:26 am

OK, crap, just realized I'm posting in the existing customer thread so need to re-post in the relevant thread. Mods, can we please merge just these threads?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:30 am

Friend just tried AA+MR as a new customer. He got AA miles this weekend. Ding letter on MR. Seems like MR must go first (or wait until later).
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
OK, crap, just realized I'm posting in the existing customer thread so need to re-post in the relevant thread. Mods, can we please merge just these threads?
+1. I think it's long overdue to merge these too. Way too much overlap.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Well that's interesting. Perhaps Fidelity is simply preventing the triple dip, and is aware of double dipping. The leading theory up till now has been that signing up for DL and MR too soon to each other generates the ding on MR.

I effectively did the same thing as you (in what is bolded):
1) signed up for MR (Wednesday)
2) Deposited (Wednesday)
3) Signed up for DL (Thursday).

Saturday got the ding e-mail for MR.

Of course, I also had a step '0' which was signing up for AA, opening the account and linking my banks, which was 2 weeks earlier.

I've 'only' been paid out AA and DL, and formally rejected on the MR.
Another thing to realize is that avoiding a MR ding doesn't seem to mean you'll hit the triple dip. I avoided the ding letter on the MR but don't seem to be getting my MRs. There don't seem to be too many other people in my same situation, though.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:01 pm

I didn't get ding letter for MR. But I didn't receive any points (yet)
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:21 pm

Friend just tried AA+MR as a new customer. He got AA miles this weekend. Ding letter on MR. Seems like MR must go first (or wait until later).
Well that is not encouraging because AA has to go first as it is only available to new customers. Hmmmmmm. What to do, what to do.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:31 pm

The best option might be to do AA+DL and try for MR in the future. As you point out, MR+DL precludes getting AA in the future (unless you can get a future override as an existing customer).
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
Another thing to realize is that avoiding a MR ding doesn't seem to mean you'll hit the triple dip. I avoided the ding letter on the MR but don't seem to be getting my MRs. There don't seem to be too many other people in my same situation, though.
I think people have been ignoring my posts at their own peril.

I will repeat for everyones sake. I got the DL after being denied AA Because I was an existing customer.

When I applied for the MR that BECAME AVAIALABLE later I enrolled for it and did not get a DING. I did an SM and was received a reply that I was not eligible For MR.

THEN 5 days later got the approval letter for the MR in a REGULAR EMAIL with a confirm # etc.
there is some confusion on the part Fido . Draw your own conclusions but be aware that Fido may be inconsistent !
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The best option might be to do AA+DL and try for MR in the future. As you point out, MR+DL precludes getting AA in the future (unless you can get a future override as an existing customer).
Yup - that's exactly my takeaway.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
I think people have been ignoring my posts at their own peril.

I will repeat for everyones sake. I got the DL after being denied AA Because I was an existing customer.

When I applied for the MR that BECAME AVAIALABLE later I enrolled for it and did not get a DING. I did an SM and was received a reply that I was not eligible For MR.

THEN 5 days later got the approval letter for the MR in a REGULAR EMAIL with a confirm # etc.
there is some confusion on the part Fido . Draw your own conclusions but be aware that Fido may be inconsistent !
Interesting. Did you use deposit/withdraw / use the same funds for DL and MR? I'd think that those of us who already got AA+DL and don't have 200K sitting in our accounts now should probably not make a fuss and cause them to notice and reverse what we already got.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
Interesting. Did you use deposit/withdraw / use the same funds for DL and MR? I'd think that those of us who already got AA+DL and don't have 200K sitting in our accounts now should probably not make a fuss and cause them to notice and reverse what we already got.
Yes. I deposited 100k in one shot for the DL miles.
Then I withdrew 50k X. 2

After i received the email that you can SEARCH for by using my name, I sent 100k back for the MR PROMO.

I agree with not making a fuss. I am willing to leave the 100k there, if I get the MR Miles that were promised in 10-12 weeks

Read my prior posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.