Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by tripice351
I think when they refer to "on your commute" they are talking about people checking in as they drive by. If you go into the lobby, you are factually "actually visiting the location" so they have no way of saying that violates the TOS.
When I asked the question, I explicitly told them that I will be physical in the lobby when I check in. Seems like they have secret entries in their TOS. And as far as read in this thread, the amount of check-ins to get blocked seem to vary a lot, too.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I was suspended yesterday.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: United Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by zakami
I was suspended yesterday.
Sorry to hear. Do you have a pattern which you can explain which might have led to this suspension or was it at random?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by ff.volker
Beside the first sign-on, topguest didn't add any points. I use twitter and more or less sign in daily. I'm not talking about the transfer to the

Does anyone else has this issue? I'm not talking about the points added to my reward program, I talk about the page on topguest.com

I'm having this issue as well. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I just wait?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by jamesensor
I'm having this issue as well. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I just wait?
I asked topguest and got the following answer: "The reason you haven't received the reward is because the venue you chose when checking in with Twitter was the name of the city and not the actual name of the hotel unfortunately".

They referred me to "How to Choose Your Location" on http://support.twitter.com/articles/122236

Why they want that is understandable, they want to have the property as location name. But it's kinda wrong to accept the first sign-in without proper venue name but not the others. Getting the venue name with my twitter client is kinda annoying and I also can't write the same message on twitter twice. So I switched to foursquare.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by monkey99
Sorry to hear. Do you have a pattern which you can explain which might have led to this suspension or was it at random?
Yes, I was checking in at a Doubletree, Crowne Plaza, Best Western and a comfort suites every day. But all of these are within 1 mile of my house, so its really easy. Over the last week, I also began to check-in at a Virgin America counter (about 4 miles away) every day. I think its the latter that triggered this.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by ff.volker
When I asked the question, I explicitly told them that I will be physical in the lobby when I check in. Seems like they have secret entries in their TOS. And as far as read in this thread, the amount of check-ins to get blocked seem to vary a lot, too.
It now says on the top guest page

"Get 50 Priority Club points whenever you check in or take a photo at an Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza or Holiday Inn hotel."

That has changed
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:42 pm

Yes, I was checking in at a Doubletree, Crowne Plaza, Best Western and a comfort suites every day. But all of these are within 1 mile of my house, so its really easy. Over the last week, I also began to check-in at a Virgin America counter (about 4 miles away) every day. I think its the latter that triggered this.
TopGuest suspended you, or?

Did you lose any points/miles?

Did anything happen to your points/miles accounts at all?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:27 am

Just noticed that I haven't received points for about a week. Is it widespread or just me?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by JetSettinBlonde
TopGuest suspended you, or?

Did you lose any points/miles?

Did anything happen to your points/miles accounts at all?
TopGuest suspended me but I have not lost any miles earned from check-ins while my account was active. In fact, some Priority Club points posted after the suspension (but likely from check-ins while the account was active).
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:35 am

TopGuest suspended me but I have not lost any miles earned from check-ins while my account was active. In fact, some Priority Club points posted after the suspension (but likely from check-ins while the account was active).
How did you find out? Did you receive an email? What did it say? Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by cutnana
Just noticed that I haven't received points for about a week. Is it widespread or just me?
I haven't received any in about the same length of time. I emailed them about it and got this response:

"We've received your request and are investigating it now. Expect to hear from us again soon.

Thanks for contacting Topguest help."

That was 2 days ago... I guess their definition of "soon" and mine don't match. I replied to that message today (it says to "Please type your reply at the top of the email...") and told them I was working under the assumption that they would get it straightened out and was continuing to do check-ins. I also asked if there was an update. No response yet. I'm getting bummed, but there's not much more I can do about it.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by cdmoye
I haven't received any in about the same length of time. I emailed them about it and got this response:

"We've received your request and are investigating it now. Expect to hear from us again soon.

Thanks for contacting Topguest help."

That was 2 days ago... I guess their definition of "soon" and mine don't match. I replied to that message today (it says to "Please type your reply at the top of the email...") and told them I was working under the assumption that they would get it straightened out and was continuing to do check-ins. I also asked if there was an update. No response yet. I'm getting bummed, but there's not much more I can do about it.

At least you got a response. I haven't received points in over a week, despite daily check ins. I emailed them 5 days ago, and still haven't gotten any response.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I havent gotten any Hilton points in the past week and havent gotten any PC points in the past two months despite checking in every day. Beginning to wonder if something is wrong in the way these are being reported since many of us are having the same issues.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:20 pm

My Hilton points are posting fine for the past week and beyond. I had an issue a few months ago where they stopped posting. I emailed them and they responded within an hour with the problem fixed and points in my Hilton Account.

I love the program and the easy bonus points. I don't think there is a person I know that I havent encouraged to sign up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.