Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Topguest additional points for checkins [Update Jan 2014 - program has ended]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:32 am

Unhappy A question about topguest point

Nearly a month, I never get my point into real account yet. I meant for PCR. I'm one-month-user of Topguest.

I checked in one intercontinental hotel in my city each day and could see the right point in my Topguest PCR accont. However not in real PCR account. I didn't get any informed mail from the Topguest site. How long does it take?
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:34 am

Programs: PC
I've been using Topguest with PCR for about a month and from what I've read here as well, they seem to do monthly postings (I know of December 6 and January 26) and there also seems to be a "points queue" of some kind, I only had 50 points post on January 26, even though I had accumulated about 600 up to that point...my Topguest account shows the correct no. of points, so I would only get worried if at least the remaining 550 don't post this month...
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:50 am

answer found

Last edited by starcev; Feb 7, 2011 at 8:13 am Reason: answer found
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by foxberg
This is irrelevant whether I do or not, what's important is that I could. And greed? One or two check ins a day is a greed? Are you for real? Do you work for TopGuest or something?
Nope, don't work for TopGuest (if I did and if I had anything to say about how their system works, you and I wouldn't have earned many points). I still collect my points. But I wasn't as greedy as you. And if and when they ban me, I won't call them names for it, because quite frankly I am not under the illusion that they owe me jack. Some people here seem to have a weird sense of entitlement. Fortunately in this case the greedy ones ruined the deal for themselves only. Karma exists, it seems ^
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Nope, don't work for TopGuest (if I did and if I had anything to say about how their system works, you and I wouldn't have earned many points). I still collect my points. But I wasn't as greedy as you. And if and when they ban me, I won't call them names for it, because quite frankly I am not under the illusion that they owe me jack. Some people here seem to have a weird sense of entitlement. Fortunately in this case the greedy ones ruined the deal for themselves only. Karma exists, it seems ^
+1
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Greedy as me? ... are you talking about? Do you even know?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:28 am

has anyone else not been getting their priority club checkins credited? The last activity was back on Jan 26. They where crediting weekly before that.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by figgarro
has anyone else not been getting their priority club checkins credited? The last activity was back on Jan 26. They where crediting weekly before that.
While the lag time has increased as of late, in 2010 it was greater than what you're observing now. My guess is that it's just variable, not an indication of a particular problem. Can't be sure of that, but I'd sit tight and I think it will turn out fine within the next couple of weeks.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:51 am

Had multiple credits today from topguest looks like they are caught up again. ^
Old Feb 18, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Anyone having trouble with checkins showing up on topguest today? Mine haven't and they are usually like clockwork. Then, checked my email and they sent me an email saying I have "unclaimed ponts from checkins" and just need to go enter my program numbers in my profile. Well, they are all there. Must be some IT issues on their end.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: AA MM Gold, UA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bearcat74
Anyone having trouble with checkins showing up on topguest today? Mine haven't and they are usually like clockwork. Then, checked my email and they sent me an email saying I have "unclaimed ponts from checkins" and just need to go enter my program numbers in my profile. Well, they are all there. Must be some IT issues on their end.
I have the same thing happening to me. My e-mail came at 5:36 this morning, before I did my check-in for today.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by WolfManDoug
I have the same thing happening to me. My e-mail came at 5:36 this morning, before I did my check-in for today.
Same here. I've only been doing Double Tree check-ins. Not sure if this is a theme..
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by foxberg
Mine is banned too but my wife's account is holding up so far.
Anyone figure out how to get "unbanned". I've been checking in very sporadically for the past month after my banning, but still do not receive points.

I've also tried to close my account and reopen a new one, but have been unsuccessful. Specifically, I followed the following steps:

1) changed all my loyalty program account numbers to "1" (it wouldn't let me just erase the account number.
2) turned off access to foursquare
3) clicked on "deactivate my account"

I then signed up for a new account, connected it to foursquare and checked in. The next time I logged into my account, all of my past history was in the account.

I'm thinking I need a new facebook account so when I log into a my topguest account it recognizes me as a new customer.

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:51 pm

I am in a kind of weird situation and would love to see if any one has faced this earlier. There was a doubletree hotel on my daily commute I used to get points for them on TG almost immediately until last week. Last week I noticed the usual place name for that doubletree hotel under facebook was no longer there. Instead I found two different places for the same hotel

"Doubletree hotel"
"Westboro Doubletree"

I tried to check-in at both (different days) and not received credit for either. I don't know what next I need to do.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mshah
I am in a kind of weird situation and would love to see if any one has faced this earlier. There was a doubletree hotel on my daily commute I used to get points for them on TG almost immediately until last week. Last week I noticed the usual place name for that doubletree hotel under facebook was no longer there. Instead I found two different places for the same hotel

"Doubletree hotel"
"Westboro Doubletree"

I tried to check-in at both (different days) and not received credit for either. I don't know what next I need to do.
try using foursquare. i use foursquare, about 6 weeks ago i checked into a doubletree while driving past. every day since then i look at my checkin history on foursquare and click on the doubletree and recheck in. sometimes foursquare tells me my phone thinks i am a little to far away fo a check in( usually im about 15 miles away) but it lets me check in and gives me hilton points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.