Wiki Posts
Search

5000 bonus BA miles for adding authorized users to BA VISA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

5000 bonus BA miles for adding authorized users to BA VISA

Got an emails from BA stating:

Add an authorized user to your British Airways Visa SignatureŽ Card and you'll receive 5,000 Bonus Miles.1 Simply add a family member or friend and you'll earn BA Miles every time they use their card.

HERE'S ALL YOU NEED TO DO.
Log into your account at Chase.com/addcard to add an authorized user.2 Then you'll start earning miles every time your friend or family member uses their card!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1 Additional cards and all cardmember communications will be mailed to the primary cardmember, who is responsible for all charges made by the authorized users. Reference to the account may appear on the authorized users' credit reports.

2 You will receive your bonus if you meet the requirements specified in this offer. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after the last day of the promotional period for bonus rewards to post to your account. Bonus rewards earned from this promotional offer will not count against any maximum reward accumulation in the rewards program, if applicable. Credit card product changes during the promotional period will forfeit this bonus offer. To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.

3 See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations for details.

BA Miles earned on the credit card by the authorized user, who is the primary cardholder, will be credited to the Executive Club membership attached to the card, regardless of whether any secondary users have another existing Executive Club memberships with British Airways or belong to our Household Account programme.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Look in Other Credit Cards

Discussion in progress...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...ized-user.html
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:49 pm

"This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer."

This is the first real confirmation that we have seen that this is a targetted offer. As a result of the earlier thread, quite a few folks have added an additional authorized user, without having received the promotional postcard (including myself).
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:37 pm

I didn't realize it was non-transferable. I added an authorized user to my account and my wife's account this early this morning, by simply going to chase.com/adduser, and logging in.

Then later on this evening my wife got an email from Chase referencing the 5K bonus promotion for adding an authorized user. I had already signed her up earlier in the day though, and not by clicking on the "ADD AUTHORIZED USER" link from the email, which appears to be a long link with many characters (so it may be targeted). The link in the email also referenced Chase.com/addcard, not adduser. Not sure if that is a big deal.

Some people got this card in the mail which just says to go to chase.com/adduser: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fina...648/#m14808648

Not sure if me or Mrs. frankiwa will get the bonus b/c, for one, I was not targeted, and she enrolled through a different link than was emailed to her. Guess i'll be making a phone call tomorrow.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I think they're sending this to all Chase co-branded credit card users. We got the same offer for our Priority Club cards.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I think they're sending this to all Chase co-branded credit card users. We got the same offer for our Priority Club cards.
If that is the case, i may have to call in to check this promo on my new United Visa cards when they come in, to add users to them too.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: CO, Delta, British Airways, Jetblue
I did not receive a card in the mail, but I called and was able to add a user under this promotion.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
got the card in the mail yesterday and received an e-mail a few hours ago

how much does the extra card cost?

earlier i seem to recall reading that every card on the account has an annual fee attached to it... true or false?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by frankiwa
I didn't realize it was non-transferable. I added an authorized user to my account and my wife's account this early this morning, by simply going to chase.com/adduser, and logging in.

Then later on this evening my wife got an email from Chase referencing the 5K bonus promotion for adding an authorized user. I had already signed her up earlier in the day though, and not by clicking on the "ADD AUTHORIZED USER" link from the email, which appears to be a long link with many characters (so it may be targeted). The link in the email also referenced Chase.com/addcard, not adduser. Not sure if that is a big deal.

Some people got this card in the mail which just says to go to chase.com/adduser: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/fina...648/#m14808648

Not sure if me or Mrs. frankiwa will get the bonus b/c, for one, I was not targeted, and she enrolled through a different link than was emailed to her. Guess i'll be making a phone call tomorrow.
I did the same thing. I registered using "adduser" but then later got the email invitation with "addcard". Out of curiosity I checked and both ultimately take you to the same exact webpage to enter the additional user's name. So outside of perhaps a unique cookie, I think either direction will produce the same result. Which, hopefully, is 5000 miles! Interesting that the email doesn't have any promotional dates listed.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:52 pm

Does it incur any hard pull on the credit ?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Nothing in the mailing for this or the Priority Club 5000 point offer listing any cost for the additional card, and there is no social security number required, so if you don't have a significant other, look down and add your dog or cat. My dog has better credit than most people I know!!

JudyJFLA

BA = chase.com/adduser
PC = Chase.com/PriorityClub Go to Customer Center tab, scroll to Credit Card Selection and click add authorized user.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Nothing in the mailing for this or the Priority Club 5000 point offer listing any cost for the additional card, and there is no social security number required, so if you don't have a significant other, look down and add your dog or cat. My dog has better credit than most people I know!!

JudyJFLA

BA = chase.com/adduser
PC = Chase.com/PriorityClub Go to Customer Center tab, scroll to Credit Card Selection and click add authorized user.
I actually already had my wife attached to my card so I added my dog. All it asks for is a first and last name. It will get shredded when it comes.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:09 pm

To follow up on the slight difference between the email (chase.com/addcard) and the postcard (chase.com/adduser), I got both communications so I'm sure either way is just fine.

To address the issue raised above by TrueBlueFlyer, I don't think there are any fees associated with adding a user; otherwise we'd have heard about it. There is language in the card agreement for a possible service fee on two or more cards and/or expedited shipping, but it also mentions in the same paragraph that any such fees would be clearly stated before the service was initiated. I suspect they're referring to duplicate cards under the same name. Anyway, very unlikely there are fees associated with this promotion, but a great question to toss out there nonetheless - thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
My wife's 5K posted today. Mine should follow soon. Thanks to the OP.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 7:55 pm

did you use the additional card??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.