Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 on United for Visa deal

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lolosmama
I'm the guinea pig. I just applied....hope my SS# stays secure!
I can verify that it is for real. To determine if your application has been approved: dial 800-945-2006, wait for the prompt and then press "#", the "1", then enter your SSN. You will find that your app is in process.
Old May 19, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
I can verify that it is for real. To determine if your application has been approved: dial 800-945-2006, wait for the prompt and then press "#", the "1", then enter your SSN. You will find that your app is in process.
You're right! Thanks!
Old May 19, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by mpickup
Same experience here no confirmation and the site popped the window to get me to stay. What is the promo code or offer code in case I need it?
I've searched the posts and now can't find the 4 figure promo code from the snail mail ( it was above someplace). I think if someone posts it and you print the screen for the offer it would be easy to get the 50 if they try to only give 30.

The offer code for the deadline 6/7 mailing is BFV but someone had posted a 4-digit code also.

Last edited by tassojunior; May 19, 2010 at 1:23 pm
Old May 20, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: ba co aa
New member. Yesterday I followed a link for the chase ual mileage credit card that was posted in this forum. It seemed odd that I never received an acknowledgement from chase bank. Within a couple of hours I received an e-mail from turbo tax notifying me that an electronic federal tax return had been filed on my account with the IRS. Now I am very concerned that somehow my ssn has been compromised. Are the two events related? Has anybody else had an unusual experience because of using this link?
Old May 20, 2010, 8:57 am

I typed the URL in manually to see if the same page would come up (rather than clicking on the link) and it looked fine. The domain is chase.com so I assumed the risk was pretty low.
Old May 20, 2010, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by bnan
New member. Yesterday I followed a link for the chase ual mileage credit card that was posted in this forum. It seemed odd that I never received an acknowledgement from chase bank. Within a couple of hours I received an e-mail from turbo tax notifying me that an electronic federal tax return had been filed on my account with the IRS. Now I am very concerned that somehow my ssn has been compromised. Are the two events related? Has anybody else had an unusual experience because of using this link?
Should be ok. I checked out the link and it looks legit. Also, after my sis submiited her application, she got the generic message that she'll be notified in x days. Then I gave her the number to call to check on status, and her app is on file with chase. No unusual activities.
Old May 20, 2010, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bnan
Have you read post 196 and act as described?
Old May 20, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Link not working ????

I get the foloowing when trying to submit the online app.:

INFORMATION INCOMPLETE. PLEASE UPDATE HIGHLIGHTED FIELDS BELOW.

However nothing is highlighted? I've tried 3 times and have confimed there are no input errors on my part...

Anyone else getting this?
Old May 20, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA, Gold Delta, Gold Starwood, Silver UA, Silver Hyatt, etc.
Online Application Dead

Also no place for name and address. I conclude the online application is now dead.
Old May 20, 2010, 11:31 am

Received my card today. That makes 3 (BA, Continental, and now United) in 6 months!
Old May 20, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: aadvantage
Its dead!

Placed my app before deadline, but was turned down because(they said) I had a continental no fee card with them. They said I could canc. the Cont. card and then they MIGHT issue the united card. I declined because of the "no fee" Cont card.
Old May 20, 2010, 1:52 pm

I was going to apply today and now it's dead. Snooze you lose. *sigh*
Old May 20, 2010, 11:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tikiboy
I received approval for the 30K card and then got the 50K offer. After the 30K posted, I also applied for the 50K. The phone rep said since it was a second offer, I should qualify. We'll see if I get approved for the second card and second set of miles.
I was rejected for the second card. When I called I was told it was because I just opened the same card. I explained it was a second offer and when I applied I was told that I would qualify for the second offer. Of course they said that the person misspoke. They did say that the rejection just shows as an inquiry on a credit report, so at least it is not a black mark.
Old May 21, 2010, 12:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Geez I can't believe I missed out on this offer again! That's what I get for ignoring this thread for one day.
Old May 21, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Silver
I also did a Chase Continental OnePass mastercard, after having gotten the UA MP Visa last month. Approved, card in hand, and first spend made. The Continental offer was good for 25k on first spend, but up to 40k, by adding authorized users to your card (5k per auth. user).

Have to wait and see for when those miles post, and they won't be directly usable by me on UA until the merger of the FF programs is completed.

25k onepass for Chase personal checking with onepass debit card
25k onepass for Chase business checking with onepass debit card
25k + 15k onepass for Chase onepass mastercard
---
90k more to onepass, which will migrate to MP after the merger finishes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.