3500 Skymiles for Sharebuilder / ING account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3500 Skymiles for Sharebuilder / ING account

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Just received my 3,500 miles after completing the transaction this past Tuesday. Woot!^
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLT, Sheraton Gold
Custodial Accounts?

For the folks that setup custodial accounts for their kids and input their FFlyer # for themselves... when prompted did you say you were a existing sharebuilder member (from your account) or did you say it was a completely new account? Did the miles post fine for the custodial accounts?

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
I had an existing account and believe I was hosed!

I have an existing, old, cob-webby Sharebuilder account. When I used the link, provided in the OP, I clicked on Medallion and created a new individual account. It prompted me if I was an existing customer, which I responded yes and then entered my ID# and password. It set up the new account but there were no prompts for my Skymiles Acct #. I think I just set up a new account for nothing.

What happened? Should I have stated that I did not have an account, although likely they would have been able to match up my SSN?

Any insight (or incite) would be greatly appreciated.

--Sioux

Last edited by Sosiouxme; Apr 14, 2010 at 2:18 pm Reason: Because verb tense causes tension.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
I have an existing, old, cob-webby Sharebuilder account. When I used the link, provided in the OP, I clicked on Medallion and created a new individual account. It prompted me if I was an existing customer, which I responded yes and then entered my ID# and password. It set up the new account but there were no prompts for my Skymiles Acct #. I think I just set up a new account for nothing.

What happened? Should I have stated that I did not have an account, although likely they would have been able to match up my SSN?

Any insight (or incite) would be greatly appreciated.

--Sioux
Try logging in to your account (through the delta sharebuilder page) and in your delta account go to the Account Profile tab and you will be able to input your skymiles #.

Last edited by samdori; Apr 14, 2010 at 6:48 pm
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Originally Posted by samdori
Try logging in to your account (through the delta sharebuilder page) and in your delta account go to the Account Profile tab and you will be able to input your skymiles #.
Thank you! That seemed to do the trick!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:21 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Wink Custodial Accounts?

Hello everyone!
Looks like a great deal. I am also curious if anyone has set up multiple custodial accounts and any details you might share.

Also has anyone canceled their account and how soon after you opened it did you do that? Do you cancel online or have to call over the phone?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:26 am

Email this morning about two surcharge changes..

"Dear Ritz,

At ShareBuilder, we strive to provide the best value in online investing. To continue delivering exceptional customer service and investing options, we occasionally need to adjust our pricing and rates.

Effective May 15 two things are happening.

We are eliminating the Large Order Surcharge, which had been $0.025 for each share traded, over 1,000 shares. This charge was capped at 2.5% of the total principal amount of the real-time trade.

We are adding a Low-Priced Security Surcharge to all stocks and ETFs executed at a price below $1.00 per share. The charge will be $0.007 per share. The total commission of the trade (base commission + surcharge) is capped at 15% of the total principal amount for real-time trades, but no less than the base commission.
This new pricing is still competitive and, depending on your investing style, it may not affect you at all. We appreciate your business and are proud to help you care for your financial future.

If you have questions (about anything), please get in touch with Customer Service by email at [email protected] or phone: 800-747-2537 toll free.

Sincerely,

The ShareBuilder Team"

Wonder how this affects many of us??
Old Apr 16, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLT, Sheraton Gold
Custodial Account and getting miles??

For the folks that setup custodial accounts for their kids and input their FFlyer # for themselves... when prompted on initial setup did you say you were a existing sharebuilder member (from your account) or did you say it was a completely new account to try and trick the system? Did the miles post fine for the custodial accounts?

Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:40 am
2mg

Wow. Really worked - easy 3500 miles. Wonder if I should try for 7000?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
I suppose easy miles are easy miles, but one could have parlayed a Sharebuilder account opening into 10,500 US miles rather than 3,500 relatively worthless DL miles if they had combined it with US Airway's 250% partner bonus promo late last year.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
3,500 relatively worthless DL miles
Truly a "relative" analysis, as my 3500 miles put me over the 25,000 mile mark in what was otherwise a rather dead account. @:-)
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by Ritz
Truly a "relative" analysis, as my 3500 miles put me over the 25,000 mile mark in what was otherwise a rather dead account. @:-)
Some would argue that your 25k+ account is still a "rather dead account" when it comes to Delta.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle
Some would argue that your 25k+ account is still a "rather dead account" when it comes to Delta.
+1
Old Apr 19, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Been asked a few times but don't think it's been answered specifically yet... For those who have multiple accounts, did you get another set of bonus miles for opening additional accounts even though you answer "yes" to the question about already having an account? Or are you required to lie and say "no" to that question in order to get the additional bonuses?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Opened up a second account through OnePass, got it all set up but it will not give me the option to choose the $4 per/trade plan I have for the other account. It only gave me the option to choose the more expensive plans. Am I doing something wrong or have they figured out a way to keep people from getting too many cheap miles for nothing (I used the "5 free trades" code an earlier poster posted for my first account).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.