Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

3500 Skymiles for Sharebuilder / ING account

Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to get the Delta bonus of 3500 miles with opening a Sharebuilder / ING account.

http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdc...7/?cobrand=www

Rick at Frugal Travel Guy posted about making a $1 trade that costs a $4 commission. Anyone have an idea how to do this?

http://frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com/...q=sharebuilder
Old Mar 23, 2010, 8:57 am

yes, this is actually a very easy way to get some Delta miles. Both myself and Mrs. PedroNY already did this recently. Make sure you chose "Medalion Member" when you register you will get 3,500 miles (I really do not believe their system double checks that) instead of 2,000 miles.

You will need to open up an idividual account, chose the cheapest (free) option. You will need to link a checking account (of any kind based in U.S.), that takes about 1-2 business days. Then you should transfer $5 from it to your Sharebuilder account. Then you should go and chose "automatic" plan under trading. You can buy $1 of any share listed on U.S. stockexchanges, the commission will be $4. You will want to chose "one-time" instead of reoccuring. You can chose the next closest Tuesday of when you want to make this transaction (Tuesday is the only day of the week allowed under this plan). After the Tuesday passes, you will be a proud owner of $1 in a share of your choice (with 400% commission charge, $4), and you will get Delta miles credited there after. The whole process from start to finish is about 2-3 weeks, miles post pretty quick.

You get 3,500 miles for $5, not too bad.

I hope this helps.

Best,

PedroNY
Old Mar 23, 2010, 9:10 am

FYI, I got sharebuilder miles on US Airways w/ out funding an acct. YMMV
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver
Anybody get the bonus miles with different airlines/programs at the same time?

For example, if I recently got bonus emiles.com miles for opening an account with Sharebuilder, will I also be able to do it with Delta and US Airways?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lhs323
Anybody get the bonus miles with different airlines/programs at the same time?

For example, if I recently got bonus emiles.com miles for opening an account with Sharebuilder, will I also be able to do it with Delta and US Airways?
You probably can, but I would leave out the smallest bonuses, such as the 250 miles from e-miles (or that is what is shown on my e-miles account). Every time you open an account, a pull is done to your Chexsystem credit report used for bank accounts other than credit cards. Somebody reported they got declined for new accounts for big bonuses because they opened up too many accounts for small bonuses. YMMV.

I only opened Sharebuilder accounts during the US Airways 250% bonus promotion. Each account netted me 10,500 miles.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:57 am

deleted

deleted

Last edited by dhgator; Dec 10, 2019 at 12:27 pm
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
I did this a few weeks ago and got the 3500 miles within days.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
I'm trying to set up an account and when I use the link through this thread or through Delta, I receive a error message that the code doesn't function with Delta...do I need to phone it in?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I already have a Sharebuilder account that I opened years ago. Does anyone know if I can open a second account and get the miles?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles
I already have a Sharebuilder account that I opened years ago. Does anyone know if I can open a second account and get the miles?
Yep. I have 6 accounts now
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:54 pm

when I used the link above or even going through the delta web site, it generated a promotion code : 50WCFA, but then I couldn't submit as it responded with
"The promotion code you entered is not intended for us on the delta sharebuilder site"
anyone know why?

thanks
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:40 pm

** The ShareBuilder Standard Investing Program is free for the first month, a $12 value. You will be charged a $12 per month subscription fee after your free trial month, if you remain subscribed to the Standard Investing Program. All sales of stock are made real-time and are subject to Real-time Trade commissions.

do you have to cancel the account after one month if you don't want to be charged 12 dollars every month?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:29 am

which stocks are the cheapest to buy??? Could you tell me the name of the stocks?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by krnboitae
which stocks are the cheapest to buy??? Could you tell me the name of the stocks?
Oh my, THAT is a loaded qustion, lol. I would advise to at least check the rolling stock-ticker on Sharebuilder itself first.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by krnboitae
Cheapest to buy? I bought 0.00135 share (something like that) of P&G for $1 in Dec. I sold it for $1.05 last week. It is all up to you which one to buy and how much you buy, but you will be exposed to the "risk" of market fluctuation with the amount you invest. Who cares for $1 though though as long as you do not involve margin.

You may want to buy DL's stock and be a proud owner of Delta since it awards you the 3,500 miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.