Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3500 Skymiles for Sharebuilder / ING account

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Would it involve a hard credit pull?
I also have a savings account with ING and not sure if there will be a credit pull or not.
Recently I applied for Fidelity account and that involved a credit pull.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:50 pm

No hard pull for Sharebuilder
Old Mar 31, 2010, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by kcdude
Would it involve a hard credit pull?
I also have a savings account with ING and not sure if there will be a credit pull or not.
Recently I applied for Fidelity account and that involved a credit pull.
they don't usually do hard pulls for this...

Last edited by albertinio; Aug 11, 2010 at 2:15 pm
Old Apr 1, 2010, 2:35 pm

There was no hard pull for me. They may have ran it through Chexx system. The rule of thumb is not to have more than 6 new bank accounts openings in 6 months. That maybe conservative, but if you get higher than that number that system will raise a flag and you are likelier to get rejected.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by krnboitae
which stocks are the cheapest to buy??? Could you tell me the name of the stocks?
I bought one share of SIRI (Sirius XM Radio Inc.) which came up as the largest issue (by market cap) with stock price under $1/share
Old Apr 2, 2010, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, MP Gold, *Wood Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Diamond
How long do the miles take to post?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
You could also buy my current favorite in my Schwab account. Bona Coffee symbol BCHC. It is on the pink sheets and ranges from .13 - .17 a share. I trade it 2 to 3 times a week, but of course at 25K-50K shares at a time. You gotta love it when you can make money on a 1 cent move!

JudyJFLA
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:17 pm

Today I opened 4 sharebuilder accounts, 2 delta and 2 continental and a few hours later I got this message:

It has been noted that you have opened multiple accounts, with identical registration information. We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.

I guess I shouldn't have opened them all on the same day, or I shouldn't have used identical registration information.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by necmergitur
How long do the miles take to post?
My OnePass miles posted today within a week of making the qualifying trade
Old Apr 7, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, HyattGP Diamond
I honestly did not think it could be that easy...but sure enough, my 3500 miles posted today, with a grand total outlay of 1 US Dollar. I am also now the proud owner of some 4 shares of BBI.

Thanks y'all!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:34 am
2mg

** The ShareBuilder Standard Investing Program is free for the first month, a $12 value. You will be charged a $12 per month subscription fee after your free trial month, if you remain subscribed to the Standard Investing Program. All sales of stock are made real-time and are subject to Real-time Trade commissions.

do you have to cancel the account after one month if you don't want to be charged 12 dollars every month?
Was your question answered? I saw this restriction too, so I'm curious if everyone is simply canceling their plan after a month?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
** The ShareBuilder Standard Investing Program is free for the first month, a $12 value. You will be charged a $12 per month subscription fee after your free trial month, if you remain subscribed to the Standard Investing Program. All sales of stock are made real-time and are subject to Real-time Trade commissions.

do you have to cancel the account after one month if you don't want to be charged 12 dollars every month?
Originally Posted by 2mg
Was your question answered? I saw this restriction too, so I'm curious if everyone is simply canceling their plan after a month?
There is no monthly fee for the Basic Pricing Program:

https://www.sharebuilder.com/delta/F...ngprogram.aspx
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:42 pm

Great Deal

This is a great deal. I had a previous Sharebuilder account, and had no problem opening a sub-account using this promotion. I'm not a medallion member, but I checked that box anyways. I signed up for this promotion just last Thursday (4/1) and today my miles showed up--all 3,500 of them!

Like the other poster, I deposited just $5 and bought 4 shares of Sirius (SIRI). I see that it's up to $.99 now. Heck, I could get 3,500 AND make a few cents on this deal. Thanks for the promo!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samdori
Today I opened 4 sharebuilder accounts, 2 delta and 2 continental and a few hours later I got this message:

It has been noted that you have opened multiple accounts, with identical registration information. We have restricted from activity all but the first of such identical accounts. Future identical accounts will be likewise restricted.

I guess I shouldn't have opened them all on the same day, or I shouldn't have used identical registration information.
You guess?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:29 am
2mg

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
You could also buy my current favorite in my Schwab account. Bona Coffee symbol BCHC. It is on the pink sheets and ranges from .13 - .17 a share. I trade it 2 to 3 times a week, but of course at 25K-50K shares at a time. You gotta love it when you can make money on a 1 cent move!

JudyJFLA
I saw this when I was looking for my big purchase.
BCHC is not available through ShareBuilder.
Too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.