FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

berlinDreamz Oct 7, 2015 3:29 pm

I'll pay $100 to find me a C1-C2-C1 end of december beginning of jan.

Sciamano Oct 7, 2015 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by berlinDreamz (Post 25532270)
I'll pay $100 to find me a C1-C2-C1 end of december beginning of jan.

I found you several flights for $1500...is it ok? :D

berlinDreamz Oct 7, 2015 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Sciamano (Post 25532331)
I found you several flights for $1500...is it ok? :D

Yes! that's better than the ones I'm finding for $1,000-1,200.
Send me your address I'll send you $100. Thanks!

Sciamano Oct 7, 2015 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by berlinDreamz (Post 25532349)
Yes! that's better than the ones I'm finding for $1,000-1,200.
Send me your address I'll send you $100. Thanks!

I don't want any money, I make it for the glory :o
Btw, searched two mins and found something under 400€

berlinDreamz Oct 7, 2015 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Sciamano (Post 25532413)
I don't want any money, I make it for the glory :o
Btw, searched two mins and found something under 400€

Of course, because you know what you are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE comes in here ignores everyone and drops a "C1-C2 for $3.74 First Class including a Limo from your house and a personal assistant/tour guide in C2 for 3 weeks"

pimpcoltd Oct 7, 2015 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by berlinDreamz (Post 25532445)
$3.74

May I suggest you invest this amount in Loperamide (Imodium)?

berlinDreamz Oct 7, 2015 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd (Post 25532467)
May I suggest you invest this amount in Loperamide (Imodium)?

Sure.

JamesMcGill Oct 7, 2015 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by patgarrett (Post 25524945)
And what if you need to show a passport or visa? Obviously your statement doesn't apply.

Why is this stuff even being discussed publicly on here? FFS.

If wasn't flying on a dumped flight, alright? So I'm just trying help. Also you obviously need to show him your Passport. That doesn't change things. You check in yourself, no questions ask. We're all adults here and make our own decisions.

Mrpinkca Oct 7, 2015 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by berlinDreamz (Post 25532445)
Of course, because you know what you are doing. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE comes in here ignores everyone and drops a "C1-C2 for $3.74 First Class including a Limo from your house and a personal assistant/tour guide in C2 for 3 weeks"

It's not rocket science, it's Norwegian Air shuttle. Seriously though, if you are frustrated enough to resort to bribery after 1 week of studying you are not playing the right game.

But because I'm feeling generous i'm going to unlock the secret to flying to europe for less than $500. It's this.

I suppose you can decide if whether or not to give me $100, but bear in mind that I don't take AMEX.

Edit: Bonus. People think we're unhelpful here, it's just not true.

EmailKid Oct 7, 2015 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Mrpinkca (Post 25533636)
But because I'm feeling generous i'm going to unlock the secret to flying to europe for less than $500. It's this.

Well, there is that.

A friend of mine has NOT paid for a flight in years @:-)

And he says he is too old to fly coach ;)

mbglo Oct 7, 2015 10:59 pm

C1-C3. Being surrounded by celebrities can be tiring sometimes. In case you want to escape to a place where you, instead, will be the one whose steps will be followed closely, there's a great opportunity for just €178.82 this winter.

In case you want to cover your head for a moment of privacy, maybe you have to, you could wear a skiing helmet. Just 2 hours drive north will take you to fantastic skiing with prices being a fraction of the rest of the world. I have visited twice, and the skiing is fantastic, unfortunately the aprés ski isn't that great.

16000+ miles

berlinDreamz Oct 7, 2015 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Mrpinkca (Post 25533636)
It's not rocket science, it's Norwegian Air shuttle. Seriously though, if you are frustrated enough to resort to bribery after 1 week of studying you are not playing the right game.

I suppose you can decide if whether or not to give me $100, but bear in mind that I don't take AMEX.

Edit: Bonus. People think we're unhelpful here, it's just not true.

Thanks for the links.

trijet Oct 7, 2015 11:12 pm

clues as to where to start
Start here.

berlinDreamz Oct 7, 2015 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by trijet (Post 25533809)
Start here.

Wildboar Oct 8, 2015 12:36 am

Originally Posted by berlinDreamz (Post 25533828)
Don't you think thats how I found this helpful forum?

You are barking up the wrong tree. I am sure you realise by now that this is a "closed" group where you need to prove yourself in the eyes of the current "members" to be accepted into the sharing environment. They don't want to recruit new members but it is us outsiders who want to join them so it is up to us to prove ourselves "worthy". The way i see it you have 2 choices:

1) Keep whining and continue getting the kind of "helpful" treatment you are now getting
2) Figure out a way to learn where in my opinion the best way would be to create another group of hopefuls who can learn off each other and in the long term get to a lever that may or may not match the current group but is enough to score great deals

This "Group of Hopefuls" was attempted once upon a time here but clearly did not take off. Maybe it is time to give it another go, whether publicaly like the example above or in an actual "closed" group.

By whining you are only feeding the trolls.