Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fuel Dumping: An Idiot's Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques

Seeing as the other thread about fuel dumping is now bordering on the farcical in it's surrealism (what on Earth is the "fatty sitting on the furniture"?) and has stretched to 942 pages, and has therefore become rather unweildly, I'm starting this thread with the aim that more people can benefit from this "trick" to bring down air fares. This is in the "sharing" spirit that is Flyertalk.

I shall be posting lots of information in due course but I welcome anybody else to add to it, the only caveat being it would help if it's easy to understand and doesn't turn into a small "clique" of people making childish and unhelpful comments.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Reserved for a future post explaining "fuel dumping".

Right, I'm ready to make my first explanation but I'm a little unsure about what I'm allowed to say here.

More soon......

Last edited by Sherwood Hampton; Oct 12, 2011 at 2:59 pm
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
At last...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I respect you for doing this, but I hope you brought your fire suit my man, cause a storm is a brewin'.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:32 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
A similar thread can be found at MilePoint. Not as much experience there, admittedly, but a lot more friendly and explanatory in some ways. The openness does attract more novices, but their eager to learn.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It's come to my attention that several members present in the "trick it" thread, when receiving PM's for help, were asking for money to proceed.
habaryu likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sherwood Hampton
It's come to my attention that several members present in the "trick it" thread, when receiving PM's for help, were asking for money to proceed.

Wow...seriously? That's bad form at so many levels.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Wow... thats pretty low

Lots of respect to you for going against the sad tide some FTers have created. ^
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:11 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
There are also people on the other end, who are willing to pay for help tricking an itinerary. I agree that the only way to prevent this is to make the help more easily obtained.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
But how are you going to tell people how to FD when you don't even know how to do it? Blind leading the blind.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:30 pm

Either this is hearsay or it's not true. You'd be the first person to call people out if you had any proof.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
I don't think it's going to work

The reason FD'ing is so arcane in that thread is because being direct about it brings a lot of attention (which results in a lot of people booking itineraries) and the airlines shut it down.

What you're trying to do is make it obvious, straightforward, and accessible. People will pile on, and then the tricks will stop working. The people with the knowledge in the FD thread have a vested interest in not having that happen. The less people that know about the tricks, the longer they will continue to work.
habaryu likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Those members should be instantly banned from the site, if you ask me.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP, why are you having trouble with this:

Fuel dumping (or a fuel jettison) is a procedure used by aircraft in certain emergency situations before a return to the airport shortly after takeoff, or before landing short of its intended destination to lighten aircraft's weight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_dumping
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:56 pm

What's the point, exactly?

I doubt that your intentions are to share. The only thing you're going to achieve is to make those FD method you expose obsolete within days. We have seen this happen many times in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.