Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) AV: LAX-LIM $36+, $116 All-in on FareCompare... mistake?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) AV: LAX-LIM $36+, $116 All-in on FareCompare... mistake?!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Palal
As long as you or anyone else don't call the airline, and/or as soon as the airline decides to pull it, whichever comes first
I called and it is available by phone too!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 6rugrats
Deal NOT dead. Go directly to Avianca.com. Try, for example, dates 11/09/2008-18/09/2008. Total fare prices out to $36.08, other charges $195, tax $103.30, discount ($1.08) - total $333.30. These same dates price out to $803 total on Cheaptickets.

If you search on kayak.com, try dates 10/23/08-10/29/08 and then choose Orbitz, it will reprice to only $245.29.

11:15am EST confirmed the above schedules and pricing.
Too bad I can't make this work for my schedule... congrats to everyone who gets in on this.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:21 am

duplicate post.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by drtravels372
Granted you may not have been here at FT very long having only 5 posts... but never ever call on a deal like this. It could ruin it for the rest of the FT members.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:31 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
it's still available on expedia, cuzco too, or was a minute ago.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by hauteboy
it's still available on expedia, cuzco too.
Do tell how you were able to price out CUZ on Expedia... I couldn't get it under $1,000; either using multi city or just CUZ rt.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:37 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Do tell how you were able to price out CUZ on Expedia... I couldn't get it under $1,000; either using multi city or just CUZ rt.
You must use TA in L/W/T class. Perhaps try Orbitz or another website?

John
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fti

John
I'm not sure how one would specify fare buckets/classes in any of these websites...
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:12 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
I also find no airfare from LAX-CUZ for that price. The cheapest I have been able to find is $787.00 on priceline.

You can only specify coach, business and FC on Orbitz.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:37 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
As someone else already said, DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINE! It may have been available when you called, but not for long.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Some people are just completely clueless. So glad you could contribute
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by fti
I haven't found a single site that will price out the LAX-LIM-CUZ itn (at $230-ish rather than $757) and let you actually purchase it. AmEx Travel (which I think uses Travelocity on the back-end) prices it out and then when you try to select it, it claims it couldn't confirm the TACA legs and bounces you out. I called TACA - and no, I didn't mention the deal, I just said I was trying to book a multi-segment flight and their flights were coming up as Unconfirmed and wondered why, and the guy said it made no sense to him as there were plenty of seats on each flight. (Heck, another site even gave me the chance to pick my seats on the LIM-CUZ legs, but not the LAX-BOG-LIM legs) The only thing I can think of was that of all the days I tried (and there were several combos of dates I tried that worked), none of them had any L/W/T class bucket availability on TACA.

The real question is, if you can't get LAX-LIM-CUZ to book, how much would it cost to go from LIM-CUZ via land route? (TACA wants $172 for that flight on its own)
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:10 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Very disappointed because the travel dates in October were perfect for me and I really wanted to go. I got the fare on Avianca for the dates Oct. 16-Oct. 29 but it wouldn't complete the booking for me. Checked kayak and expedia and only got fares $743 and higher -- not cheap enough for me to lock up my October so far in advance. I didn't even want the miles. I wanted the trip. Folks, please, we all agreed never to phone about these deals. You spoil a good thing for everyone when you do that. Plus, in the future, is the next person to find a steal like this going to post on flyertalk? So you not only lose this deal for a lot of people, you lose a great many future deals for yourself. *Sigh*
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Figures... I just got off a plane from CUZ/LIM. Machu Picchu is one of those places where the photos and videos you've seen just don't do it justice -- everyone (else) should take advantage of this deal
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: AC*P, SPG
Originally Posted by peachfront
Very disappointed because the travel dates in October were perfect for me and I really wanted to go. I got the fare on Avianca for the dates Oct. 16-Oct. 29 but it wouldn't complete the booking for me. Checked kayak and expedia and only got fares $743 and higher -- not cheap enough for me to lock up my October so far in advance. I didn't even want the miles. I wanted the trip. Folks, please, we all agreed never to phone about these deals. You spoil a good thing for everyone when you do that. Plus, in the future, is the next person to find a steal like this going to post on flyertalk? So you not only lose this deal for a lot of people, you lose a great many future deals for yourself. *Sigh*
Something similar to you, except I had 10/19-10/29 priced out on Orbitz, ready to book, and by the time I made up my indecisive mind, the fare was finally pulled/gone.

Deal appears to be finally dead. There are still some dates hovering around ~$460 ai though.

Thanks to OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.