FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (FARE GONE) AV: LAX-LIM $36+, $116 All-in on FareCompare... mistake?!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:17 am
incognism

Programs: AC*P, SPG
Originally Posted by peachfront
Very disappointed because the travel dates in October were perfect for me and I really wanted to go. I got the fare on Avianca for the dates Oct. 16-Oct. 29 but it wouldn't complete the booking for me. Checked kayak and expedia and only got fares $743 and higher -- not cheap enough for me to lock up my October so far in advance. I didn't even want the miles. I wanted the trip. Folks, please, we all agreed never to phone about these deals. You spoil a good thing for everyone when you do that. Plus, in the future, is the next person to find a steal like this going to post on flyertalk? So you not only lose this deal for a lot of people, you lose a great many future deals for yourself. *Sigh*
Something similar to you, except I had 10/19-10/29 priced out on Orbitz, ready to book, and by the time I made up my indecisive mind, the fare was finally pulled/gone.

Deal appears to be finally dead. There are still some dates hovering around ~$460 ai though.

Thanks to OP.