Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Orbitz - Ua Business Class Roundtrip Sfo-akl $1480.00 All In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Orbitz - Ua Business Class Roundtrip Sfo-akl $1480.00 All In

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 12:44 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
According to zuji mine are all still in the ticketing queue (been a day and a half so far).
I booked mine on the Australian united site and according to them I am also in a ticketing queue. Have a PNR but no ticket number so getting a little nervous (also note NF getting low)

Jeff
Old May 8, 2007, 12:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
According to zuji mine are all still in the ticketing queue (been a day and a half so far).
And now I have the infamous zuji refare email (it even looks like a cut & paste job from last time).
Old May 8, 2007, 12:53 am

Programs: some
I have ticket numbers and everything on Orbitz, but it seems the ticket has not been mailed yet, as there is no UPS Tracking number.
Does anybody have experience how long it usually takes from reservation until they hand the tix over to UPS?
Old May 8, 2007, 12:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
Hi, when you say "return date", I take it that you did not create a stopover in the process?

I'm sure I'm asking this on behalf of many others in this thread. I am just waiting for the dust to settle before I call in and try to force a stopover in SYD.

Thanks.
I called with this request (a stoopover in SYD) and was told the fare rules were no longer listed so the agent couldn't see whether a stopover was allowed, therefore she wouldn't do it. I suspect we'll have to push for this since stopovers are allowed. UA's failure to find the fare rules shouldn't matter. Not sure how we get them to behave but I suspect we will.
Old May 8, 2007, 12:58 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Stopovers are allowed, but it will re-price out.

Others will visit Australia from AKL on seperate tickets, FYI.
Old May 8, 2007, 1:00 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
a ticket number would be useful,not ticket reference alphabets.

as for other info, i don't think any good Fter would disclose it openly unless you want United to pull away all future offers. More knowledgeable Fters would know what im talking about. the ticket is good if u want to travel lax/sfo - syd/akl. Thats it.
Old May 8, 2007, 1:00 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by nor4
I called with this request (a stoopover in SYD) and was told the fare rules were no longer listed so the agent couldn't see whether a stopover was allowed, therefore she wouldn't do it. I suspect we'll have to push for this since stopovers are allowed. UA's failure to find the fare rules shouldn't matter. Not sure how we get them to behave but I suspect we will.
But another factor comes into play is that if you force a stopover, the overall mileage is exceeded for this type of fare or something, or was it the more expensive of SFO-SYD v. SFO-AKL.

Somebody can set you straight
Old May 8, 2007, 1:17 am

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Stopovers are allowed, but it will re-price out.

Others will visit Australia from AKL on seperate tickets, FYI.
When I talked to the agent at the new we-have-lots-more-discretion-to-make-you-happy 1K line she said I could change the return since without refaring, but not the outbound. But when she checked further with the rate desk, she said no rules were available so she couldn't proceed.

She seemed willling to help but someone else put the stop on things with the no-rules-available excuse. This seems ludicruous. How can they have many tix out there and no access to the rules governing them? I don't buy it.

BTW, this fare is quite famous with the 1K agents, they've all heard about it, ticketed many of them, and have congratulated me for getting such a deal.
My bet is that someone sat around a conference table after this became known and tried to come up with ways to force refunds from those who want/need to change the tik in some way.

I don't think this approach will hold water, the problem will be getting UA to do the right thing.

At least they're honoring the fare, so can't complain too much.
Old May 8, 2007, 1:37 am

has anyone heard a written word from UAL.COM?

I havent
Old May 8, 2007, 1:39 am

Programs: (almost) everything!
When I talked to the agent at the new we-have-lots-more-discretion-to-make-you-happy 1K line she said I could change the return since without refaring, but not the outbound. But when she checked further with the rate desk, she said no rules were available so she couldn't proceed.

She seemed willling to help but someone else put the stop on things with the no-rules-available excuse. This seems ludicruous. How can they have many tix out there and no access to the rules governing them?
"Someone" did it right. Have you heard HIP check? However, it might be untrue they cannot access the old fare rule.
Old May 8, 2007, 1:45 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I called with this request (a stoopover in SYD) and was told the fare rules were no longer listed so the agent couldn't see whether a stopover was allowed, therefore she wouldn't do it. I suspect we'll have to push for this since stopovers are allowed. UA's failure to find the fare rules shouldn't matter.
This is UA's trump card - simply eliminate the fare basis (which I think they have already done), so that if people are trying to change outbound/returns, UA agents cannot help them, and would have to escalate the matter....where they might just tell you a variety of things to have you refund the ticket... (I am most willing to be corrected, and this is just my opinion! )

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; May 8, 2007 at 1:57 am
Old May 8, 2007, 2:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
This is UA's trump card - simply eliminate the fare basis (which I think they have already done), so that if people are trying to change outbound/returns, UA agents cannot help them, and would have to escalate the matter....where they might just tell you a variety of things to have you refund the ticket... (I am most willing to be corrected, and this is just my opinion! )
Whether a CNZ fare remains or not, whether the CNZ fare rules we bought match future CNZ fare rules or not, someone at UA has to be able to dig up historical fare rules.
Old May 8, 2007, 2:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by psyflyer
PM me ill put a grand on this.
uh oh. you're wrong and it might cost you a lot of money.

i am a physician, not an attorney. but i bought the az tickets thru orbitz, my credit card was charged two separate fees (fare to "alitalia" and service fee to "orbitz") for each ticket.

wound up canceling one of my trips, and obtained refund from orbitz for "alitalia" charges only (orbitz's booking fees stuck).

EDITED TO ADD: damn, i got the fare but i missed a great chance to have psy pay for my flight!! would have taken that grand in an instant!!

Last edited by OverpaidSlacker; May 8, 2007 at 2:13 am Reason: should have read further before commenting
Old May 8, 2007, 2:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Whether a CNZ fare remains or not, whether the CNZ fare rules we bought match future CNZ fare rules or not, someone at UA has to be able to dig up historical fare rules.
Agreed - just tried to change an itinerary, and found the "fare rules" hyperlink, when clicked, read:

"We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later, or contact your booking source to change your itinerary and exchange your tickets."

Now trying to see what happens if I change both outbound/return dates on .bomb...

And the verdict is... (As others predicted!):

"Price of new ticket(s): USD 9695.75
Service charge: USD 0.00
Total charge: USD 9695.75
Value of original ticket: USD 1465.75
Total amount due: USD 8230.00
"

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; May 8, 2007 at 2:13 am Reason: Add info....
Old May 8, 2007, 2:12 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by psyflyer
I AGREE. however BREE on NW when people like me booked on zuji... long story short it was s-storm. Also the AY Z fare to HEL and that was orbitz, but as i said some of us made out handsomely.
I'm curious as to what you mean by made out handsomely?

PM me if you feel that is more appropraite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.