Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Orbitz - Ua Business Class Roundtrip Sfo-akl $1480.00 All In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Orbitz - Ua Business Class Roundtrip Sfo-akl $1480.00 All In

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:56 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
waitasec

Wouldn't this be governed by US rules?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by violist
Wouldn't this be governed by US rules?
Good point. Without regard to choice of law or venue, the Contract of Carriage should apply.

http://www.united.com/ual/asset/COC17Mar08final.pdf

It's pretty clear cut that United deliberately breached its contract of carriage. (see rule 245).
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Flyertalk has messed with my head...

I saw an article written by a fellow student in our school paper. The article was titled Gamecock Abroad and she described her spring break in New Zealand. My first instinctive thought was she flew on this mistake fare. So I sent her a message asking about her trip.....turns out she was studying abroad in Australia. ...But was VERY interested about this "mistake fare" I flew on

So yeah, flyertalk has definitely changed my sense of logic and presumptions
Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
So is there anyone left who still has tickets booked, or have all trips been flown?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
dup post.. sorry
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just returned yesterday from NZ. And I really loved it. Actually, truth be told, I don't know why I used the return portion of the ticket, haha.

Thanks to the OP!!!
Old May 6, 2008, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Well, folks - it's now been exactly ONE YEAR from MisterNice's OP on this topic.

I was fortunate enough to have had lunch with kluau88 +1, and my friend WWBGD this afternoon when thoughts turned to AKL/SYD in full fare C!!

My only regret is not having booked enough of these flights to have made UGS, but alas, two times downunder in premium class for the cost of the fare made it all worth it!!
RIP, CNZ. May you come back to see us again soon.

Best, Dave
Old May 6, 2008, 12:46 pm
In Memoriam

Cnz Fares

Originally Posted by bseller
Well, folks - it's now been exactly ONE YEAR from MisterNice's OP on this topic.

I was fortunate enough to have had lunch with kluau88 +1, and my friend WWBGD this afternoon when thoughts turned to AKL/SYD in full fare C!!

My only regret is not having booked enough of these flights to have made UGS, but alas, two times downunder in premium class for the cost of the fare made it all worth it!!
RIP, CNZ. May you come back to see us again soon.

Best, Dave
Oh where oh where will this years CNZ fares come from. One can only hope we get another chance.

wwbgd
Old May 6, 2008, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
THANKS Again MisterNice!

I too realized that today was the anniversary of this great fare.

Aside from getting a chance to visit a wonderful country it has completely changed my flying life. Before my NZ (in Jan 2009) I had never flown UA and now I'm within spitting distance of becoming a 1K

Thanks to Mr Nice and all the FTers who contributed to making this a wonderful year ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.