Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR Tool

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2004, 9:34 am
pdb

Minimum 2 night stay

For a pure MR, this would not be the tool, correct?
Old Dec 4, 2004, 1:56 am

Question Stopovers periods?

Is it possible to specify a stopover in a city for a nominated amount of time?

For example: SFO-ORD, stop for six hours, then continue on to IAD.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 11:24 am

nevermind.

Last edited by chuckd; Dec 4, 2004 at 11:38 am
Old Dec 6, 2004, 3:30 pm

Specifying A Set Of Connecting Cities

Is there any way to specify a group of cities for a connection?

For example, suppose I want to fly from ORD to LAX via either SFO, PDX, SEA, SAN, SNA, SJC or OAK, and then return nonstop from LAX to ORD (with all flights on United). I tried the following, but got an "unable to process your request" error:

To: ORD::UA+ SFO;PDX;SEA;SAN;SNA;SJC;OAK

Can this be done?
Old Dec 6, 2004, 3:46 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by gurs
Is there any way to specify a group of cities for a connection?

For example, suppose I want to fly from ORD to LAX via either SFO, PDX, SEA, SAN, SNA, SJC or OAK, and then return nonstop from LAX to ORD (with all flights on United). I tried the following, but got an "unable to process your request" error:

To: ORD::UA+ SFO;PDX;SEA;SAN;SNA;SJC;OAK

Can this be done?
Commas, not semicolons.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Commas, not semicolons.
Thanks! Works like a charm.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 7:33 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by USCheapskate
I know that many people here like the ITA software web site for doing travel searches (beta.itasoftware.com).

But I haven't seen anyone mention the advanced search features that make the site really useful for finding MR itineraries. These are documented under "help" -> "extra for experts".

For example, you can type in "ABE::US US US US" in the "from" box and "LON::US US US US" in the "to" box. This will try to find the cheapest itinerary with four USAir flights in each direction [for the default dates in April right now, the best solution is $489].

This removes a lot of pain in finding interesting MRs.

Edited to note that the search is for USAir flights

[This message has been edited by USCheapskate (edited Mar 18, 2004).]

I've tried the ITA software search just like you said, even with the two colons, but it's not working, are there any space between the city name and airline code? is it ABE::USUSUS, or ABE:: us us us ?
Old Dec 10, 2004, 1:38 am

Use spaces...

Originally Posted by NASHA
I've tried the ITA software search just like you said, even with the two colons, but it's not working, are there any space between the city name and airline code? is it ABE::USUSUS, or ABE:: us us us ?
It's with spaces: ABE::<space>US<space>US<space>US

As USCheapskate mentions, try reading up on the ITA Route Language; it's really interesting what you can do.

Click Help on the top-right of the main window, then read through the topics listed in the yellow box. The link titled The ITA Route Language has lots of examples you can copy and paste into your browser.

Good luck!
Old Dec 10, 2004, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Latitudes
Is it possible to specify a stopover in a city for a nominated amount of time?

For example: SFO-ORD, stop for six hours, then continue on to IAD.
Bump!

I just noticed that nobody replied to my question on Dec 04. Does that mean it's not possible to specify a stopover?
Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:16 pm

I haven't seen any way to do this with ITA.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 6:20 am

Ita User

I am new to posting on this forum so please be patient with me. I have read this thread over and over I am not getting it. I do not see the option on ITA "extra for experts".. I went to help and could not find it. Can any one guide me to it. I tried User xxxx | Edit user account | Log out | Help | Comments | ITA Software and still there is nothing under help. Thanks so much.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:31 pm

I am not very familiar with it either but worked fine when I went in as a guest. Learned that I should have read this before booking my trip. THANKS OP!
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:32 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
What Am I Doing Wrong, Getting No Flights Found bos::us us us bwi::us us us

I am trying to use the Ita to search for
bos::us us us
bwi::us us us
(this means 3 segments each way from BOS to BWI on US)
leaving Jan 26 and either coming back same day or next day. I'm pretty sure the schedule is so that you could do BOS>LGA>PHL>BWI, however, I keep getting no flights found on the ITA tool. I double checked the syntax and I think I am entering the request correctly. Any ideas?
Old Jan 11, 2005, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jetsetter
I am trying to use the Ita to search for
bos::us us us
bwi::us us us
(this means 3 segments each way from BOS to BWI on US)
leaving Jan 26 and either coming back same day or next day. I'm pretty sure the schedule is so that you could do BOS>LGA>PHL>BWI, however, I keep getting no flights found on the ITA tool. I double checked the syntax and I think I am entering the request correctly. Any ideas?
There are to many variables for it to figure out. Ifyou looking for that, do bos:: us lga us+ or something like that, and then work up from there. I have found that finding the cheapest and then working with it specifically can get the desired results. Especially if you get a specific flight number involved, which will also help you get a stopover
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:44 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by msbuz
I am new to posting on this forum so please be patient with me. I have read this thread over and over I am not getting it. I do not see the option on ITA "extra for experts".. I went to help and could not find it. Can any one guide me to it. I tried User xxxx | Edit user account | Log out | Help | Comments | ITA Software and still there is nothing under help. Thanks so much.
After you log in at beta.itasoftware.com, click "Help" in the upper-right, then look at the bottom option in the yellow box titled "The ITA Route Language"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.