Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:16 pm
Company Representative - ITA Software

The ONCLON fare you're looking for on BA within Europe has this rule text:

END-ON-END
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED WITH BA FARES WITHIN
EUROPE. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA
THE POINT OF COMBINATION.

This means that no other carrier may appear on the same ticket with these BA fares. You'll have to buy it as two tickets, or go to a more expensive fare class on BA.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by ITA Hacker
The ONCLON fare you're looking for on BA within Europe has this rule text:

END-ON-END
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED WITH BA FARES WITHIN
EUROPE. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA
THE POINT OF COMBINATION.

This means that no other carrier may appear on the same ticket with these BA fares. You'll have to buy it as two tickets, or go to a more expensive fare class on BA.

thanks for translating. I'll guess I'll take my chances. What do you think about a 2 hour connection from CO to BA at LHR going, and a 2 hour 20 minute connection returning?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by hughw
Do you know of any booking engines where you can specify the cabin by segment? I want to specify business for TATL segments and coach for european segments.
co.com does this... our internal one at work does as well.

When I use the TA's at work, either the fare books cheaper with all segments in the same class, or if a segment is not part of a connecting flight (like a stopover outside the 4 hour window) then it messes up the pricing for the whole thing - I usually have to hold everything separately and then call the travel desk and have them sort it out. I assume if you pay for Sabre you could do this.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by mbreuer
co.com does this... our internal one at work does as well.

When I use the TA's at work, either the fare books cheaper with all segments in the same class, or if a segment is not part of a connecting flight (like a stopover outside the 4 hour window) then it messes up the pricing for the whole thing - I usually have to hold everything separately and then call the travel desk and have them sort it out. I assume if you pay for Sabre you could do this.
Yes CO.com does it, but only for Skyteam partners and even for that it sometimes bugs out for multi-city searches. Often it calls them open-jaw even when they are not. Oh Well............
Old May 16, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles Preferred-Gold, HHonors- Diamond , Priority Club-Gold, Emerald Club- Executive
Originally Posted by AAgoraku
Is there a short cut to limiting ITA searches to One World or Star Alliance members other than listing all the airlines individually?

Would certainly be helpful....

Never saw a response to this question. I'm also new to ITA and MR and would like an easier way to search for *A flights (US,UA,etc). Currently I just now how to search one airline at a time (ex. CLT :: US+ or CLT :: UA UA UA)

There must be an easier way.
Old May 16, 2009, 7:12 pm

You can list multiple airlines by putting commas between them, for instance:

BOS::US,UA,AC,LH,SQ,NH+

I thought the original poster knew this but was asking about whether there was a shortcut for the alliances, and unfortunately there isn't.
Old May 16, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles Preferred-Gold, HHonors- Diamond , Priority Club-Gold, Emerald Club- Executive
Thanks Hacker. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan * United * Southwest * Avios * Alaska * Marriott * Hyatt
thx for the tips
Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:12 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum; United 1MM, 1K
Can ITA find stops vs. plan changes?

Hey you MR gurus!

I Need to get my HP mother from Philly to OKC. Since nothing flys direct, I would like to find flights that stop over but don't require equipment changes.

Any way to do that on ITA or any other systems?

Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Gregor
Hey you MR gurus!

I Need to get my HP mother from Philly to OKC. Since nothing flys direct, I would like to find flights that stop over but don't require equipment changes.

Any way to do that on ITA or any other systems?

Thanks!
You can enter

To: OKC::F

on the round-trip form. "F" indicates a single flight number, but may have one or more stops.

Sometimes a stop, even on a single flight number, requires a change of aircraft, or even a change of aircraft type. If our schedule data indicates that, we'll print it as a red warning on the flight details page (to see an example, look at BOS-NRT with the "::F").

On the default dates, currently we show a single outbound option PHL-OKC on DL with a stop in MEM and a single return option on AA with a stop in DFW. Neither of these has the warning message.

Of course, the lack of warning message isn't a guarantee, but it is an indicator that the airline doesn't plan for an equipment change at that stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.