Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA: Mega Mileage run - incl FLY04, EUR04, JPN04, etc...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: Mega Mileage run - incl FLY04, EUR04, JPN04, etc...

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2004, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by satori
I was just curious how you earned AA 1M status prior to these runs. Did your family fly you all around as you grew up or what?
No - no money for that!
We only flew when absolutely necessary - not very often.

AA counts all miles (not just Q-miles) towards MM status. I got 450K from Kellogg's a couple years ago - when the getting was good.

I actually had flown AA significantly before this - but often on award tickets. Some redeemed with AA miles - others with Swiss, Qantas, or SN Brussells Airlines miles. All those miles were acquired through the Starwood promo at .96 cents/mile.

Although I am of few years, I have run various web businesses, have been in managment positions, and have a lot of life experience.

Some of my trips are leisure, when I can get really cheap tickets - but many are necessary - and would be very expensive. One of the places I oftern go is YVR - a simple ORD-YVR is always expenisve - add another destination like CID in the same trip and I've got the making of a good value for a 25K AA miles redemption.
Old May 22, 2004, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
Very impressive.... I couldn't begin to contemplate such a journey. Did you ever (or do you now) feel any sort of disorientation or other ill effects from flying so much in such a short period of time (in coach)?
Some fatigue, yeah.... but nothing I couldn't sleep off in a few days.
Old May 22, 2004, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
what are Visa Buxx cards (please provide link)?
thx!!
I don't know how to link to other FT threads yet...

Check out the Visa/Mastercard forum. Do a search if it hasn't been bumped recently. Requires a lot a ATM withdrawals for the miles earned...only worth it if the right banks have convenient ATMs for you. Cost of something like .5 cents/mile. Requires multiple cards to be worth anything.
Old May 22, 2004, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

I could be free to mileage run all of the first 2 weeks of June if anyone has any good enough ideas. (I would do an independant study course instead of the summer school course I have planned). I would prefer UA right now to get 1K but am open to other options.
Old May 22, 2004, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Wowwy

You are da MAN! (A crAAzy one in fact!) ^

I did 7 SJC-LHR + intraEurope trips in mid-Feb. to end of Mar., and I was exhausted! I vowed never to fly so much in a short span again.

So much time in DRY air - your skin really takes a beating! (Yes, I'm a *she*.)
Old May 23, 2004, 1:46 pm

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
flyo4 jpn04 euro04

Being new to this site what do these abreviations mean?
Old May 23, 2004, 2:47 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Excellent work

Your cost per total mile looks good. Mine was a just little lower, but for fewer miles and more flexibility in my schedule, so overall, I'd say your plan was excellent.

It does take hours of computer time searching for connections that will:

A. Work with each other;
B. Don't increase the cost per mile; and
C. (for me at least,) are easy to UPG.

As I recall, in that time frame, the west coast fares were lower on a cost per mile than ORD/MDW fares.

The question is, would you do it again? And if so, would you spend more time on the ground or just do MR's?
Old May 23, 2004, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rockdocs
Being new to this site what do these abreviations mean?
this site is the home of the abbreviation (tsithota). so, just buckle up. i have no idea what half the abbreviations are.

the AAbbreviAAtions you site were AAmericAAn AAirlines' promotions.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
Are you sure you've thought this out? Granted you're getting the extra miles, but I make top tier each year for something between $3,000-$4,000. I would never think of spending that much for status (it's almost twice what I spend), no matter how many miles it would generate.
And I am about to get EXP for even less than that.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 6:44 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Please don't bump up old threads.

--jpdx, MR Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.