Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Bos - mle (aa/qr) f $3.6k

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2023, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

AA are offering BOS-MLE (via JFK and DOH) in F for $3.6K. Availability seems reasonable July through October.

Example itinerary: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...YE1xn1B1UfSMS7

I was able to get it priced up on AA (see attached screenshot). The DOH-MLE leg sometimes reverts to J, so requires a bit of iterative searching.

Unfortunately dates don't work for me otherwise I'd book it. Hope it helps someone else out.
Attached Images  
sudoer likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
interesting
Old Jul 9, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Keep in mind that JFK-DOH on AA has had some significant issues recently.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
aa.com looks to error out when trying to get through with this one. Oh well.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:22 am

Booked late November. Thank you OP.

Had to use mobile app. FYI - DOH-MLE is in business class.

Anyone know how to book on AA.com? Couldn’t get F results to show.
Markie and Morgo like this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by 2ball
Booked late November. Thank you OP.

Had to use mobile app. FYI - DOH-MLE is in business class.

Anyone know how to book on AA.com? Couldn’t get F results to show.
Set to American on airlines. I found first available on all segments out of ORD for $3800. Should get the better DOH lounge access.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Set to American on airlines. I found first available on all segments out of ORD for $3800. Should get the better DOH lounge access.
Not sure I follow, set what where? is that on AA.com?
Old Jul 13, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA GGL
Thanks OP. Was able to grab 2 from BOS for a bit more change before it disappeared. Then grabbed 2 from ORD today. Also a little higher change.
But well worth it for the F.
Morgo and cln like this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 8:08 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
And, yes, you will get access to the Al Safwa lounge on the return.

Al Safwa First Lounge is available to Qatar Airways and oneworld First Class ticketed customers. Guests are not permitted.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:21 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA GGL
Originally Posted by skunker
And, yes, you will get access to the Al Safwa lounge on the return.
Don't I get the Al Safwa both ways? All F.
Old Jul 14, 2023, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
Don't I get the Al Safwa both ways? All F.
Yes, per this post

flyertalk (dot com) /forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1717749-qr-al-safwa-first-class-lounge-139.html
Old Jul 14, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k
There still seems to be good availability from BOS in Google Flights. It only show up in ITA Matrix if you specifically ask for American Airline flights (routing code AA+)..

I found a few dates on the American Airlines website where one of the DOH<->MLE legs booked into an A fare class so maybe this is one 777s they lease from Cathay Pacific since the Qatar 777s don't have any first class. I didn't thought that DOH<->MLE is a first class route. Does anyone know ?
Old Jul 14, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by Hilmar Lehnert
There still seems to be good availability from BOS in Google Flights. It only show up in ITA Matrix if you specifically ask for American Airline flights (routing code AA+)..

I found a few dates on the American Airlines website where one of the DOH<->MLE legs booked into an A fare class so maybe this is one 777s they lease from Cathay Pacific since the Qatar 777s don't have any first class. I didn't thought that DOH<->MLE is a first class route. Does anyone know ?
Yes I flew in F on a dry leased cx 777 on that route. It’s been used on this route for over a year now.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 7:20 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by 2ball
Yes, per this post

flyertalk (dot com) /forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1717749-qr-al-safwa-first-class-lounge-139.html
I'm not sure what post you're trying to link, but I'm not seeing it. I've read reports of arriving QR F and then QR J getting access, but not non-QR F and then QR J. It's not a oneworld lounge so they don't have the follow the oneworld access rules.
Looks like the DOH-MLE legs are still on the CX 77W which include F, so yes, access both ways.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Just booked all in First for end of October from BOS. It was a weird experience: final page of the booking process was "oops, something went wrong" page and it got stuck. After about 24 hours it finally ticketed and was confirmed. For some reason Qatar could only reserve 3 out of the 4 F-seats. Maybe some are blocked ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.