Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Bos - mle (aa/qr) f $3.6k

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Bos - mle (aa/qr) f $3.6k

Old Jul 17, 2023, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Hilmar Lehnert
Just booked all in First for end of October from BOS. It was a weird experience: final page of the booking process was "oops, something went wrong" page and it got stuck. After about 24 hours it finally ticketed and was confirmed. For some reason Qatar could only reserve 3 out of the 4 F-seats. Maybe some are blocked ?
2A/2K are blocked
Old Jul 24, 2023, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Booked for the end of october, and now when i look at the reservation it says
Your flight changed
Please check back soon to see what changed.
Makes me a little nervous since it doesn't say what it changed to. Not too familiar with AA; is this a bad sign? Booked 5 days ago and it's confirmed with a ticket number so I'm inclined to think everything is OK, but is it?
Old Jul 24, 2023, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris30269
Booked for the end of october, and now when i look at the reservation it says:
Makes me a little nervous since it doesn't say what it changed to. Not too familiar with AA; is this a bad sign? Booked 5 days ago and it's confirmed with a ticket number so I'm inclined to think everything is OK, but is it?
Calm down. Probably a schedule change. Likely related to the AA/B6 changes that are pending.
chris30269 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
Booked for the end of october, and now when i look at the reservation it saysMakes me a little nervous since it doesn't say what it changed to. Not too familiar with AA; is this a bad sign? Booked 5 days ago and it's confirmed with a ticket number so I'm inclined to think everything is OK, but is it?
AA ran a fall schedule change this weekend (virtually every one of my AA flights from October - onwards had a schedule change +/- 5-30 minutes), so if your itinerary contains any AA segments I'd wager it's related to that.
chris30269 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
I booked in middle of October and it won't let me select my seats on the QR flights. The website will recognize my itinerary, but not allow seat selection even though it shows in first class. The QR app won't recognize the itinerary at all.

PS Thanks for the original post of this fare, gonna be fun. Last time to the Maldives was all business class on QR.
Morgo likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1k
Booked for the end of october, and now when i look at the reservation it saysMakes me a little nervous since it doesn't say what it changed to. Not too familiar with AA; is this a bad sign? Booked 5 days ago and it's confirmed with a ticket number so I'm inclined to think everything is OK, but is it?
Happened to me too. It looks like the JFK->DOH was moved up about 40 minutes but that's not a problem for our itinerary. However, for some reason that wiped out all the seat reservations I had done on AA (not the DOH<->MLE legs). That was a bit of bummer.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 8:36 pm

just curious what the experience is for others who have booked this fare... i was able to book the BOS-JFK-DOH-MLE trip all in first (except for the 1 return leg MLE-DOH in business) for April 2024. but as of this past weekend, AA just announced the JFK-DOH route is being shuttered by Oct 2023, and they're replacing with a PHL-DOH flight, operating on a 787. the 787 does not have a first cabin. so the system automatically rebooked (and downgraded) me to BOS-PHL AA domestic first, PHL-DOH AA business, keeping only the DOH-MLE in QR first; return is DOH-PHL AA business, PHL-BOS AA domestic first. speaking to the agents on the phone, they're willing to change the itinerary to the direct QR BOS-DOH (both ways) flight in Q Suites - but while Q suite is undoubtedly very nice, it does make me think this $3600-ish fare is less of a deal if only 1 leg out of 6 is actually in international first class. anyone else in the same boat? have agents been able to offer any other code share flights (2 agents flat out said that they cannot put me on BA's BOS-LHR-DOH even though that route is the only other one i can of with a true first class cabin).
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:08 pm

For all that booked this - AA is moving JFK-DOH to PHL-DOH in October.

So after October, you will have at least a routing change.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by fielight
just curious what the experience is for others who have booked this fare... i was able to book the BOS-JFK-DOH-MLE trip all in first (except for the 1 return leg MLE-DOH in business) for April 2024. but as of this past weekend, AA just announced the JFK-DOH route is being shuttered by Oct 2023, and they're replacing with a PHL-DOH flight, operating on a 787. the 787 does not have a first cabin. so the system automatically rebooked (and downgraded) me to BOS-PHL AA domestic first, PHL-DOH AA business, keeping only the DOH-MLE in QR first; return is DOH-PHL AA business, PHL-BOS AA domestic first. speaking to the agents on the phone, they're willing to change the itinerary to the direct QR BOS-DOH (both ways) flight in Q Suites - but while Q suite is undoubtedly very nice, it does make me think this $3600-ish fare is less of a deal if only 1 leg out of 6 is actually in international first class. anyone else in the same boat? have agents been able to offer any other code share flights (2 agents flat out said that they cannot put me on BA's BOS-LHR-DOH even though that route is the only other one i can of with a true first class cabin).
Arrgh. The same happened to us (10/28-11/9) and we had ALL legs on first class. What a pain. I was trying to rebook online for a different date but that's phone only and I haven't had the time and patience for that yet. What a bummer. Q-suites + first class is nice but $3.7k is also a lot of cash and we paid for a 1st class experience all the way through. Can you somehow finagle compensation for the downgrade?
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I changed 2 bookings (4 tickets) without any real issues on the phone with AA. Did take a while but pleasant AA reps. To make it easier for them I did research the availability and route before I called.

BOS-MLE changed the date outbound to travel together in 1st, return was just re-routed via LHR.
ORD-MLE changed routing- same dates.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 8:55 am

can you clarify your re-routing on BOS-MLE? what code share partners did AA put you on to maintain the 1st class cabin of service?
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:28 am

sorry- wrong flights- will repost - see below#28

Last edited by zebranz; Aug 13, 2023 at 9:34 am
Old Aug 13, 2023, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by fielight
can you clarify your re-routing on BOS-MLE? what code share partners did AA put you on to maintain the 1st class cabin of service?
Trying again--- sorry for format but easier to try to copy from email and then delete what I should.

Monday, February 12, 2024

BOS

JFK
2:29 PM
3:44 PM
Boston
New York KennedyAmerican Airlines 4383
OPERATED BY REPUBLIC AIRWAYS AS AMERICAN EAGLE.
Seats: 3D Class: First (J) Meals:

JFK

LHR
6:50 PM
6:45 AM
New York Kennedy
London HeathrowAmerican Airlines 6923
Operated By British Airways /ba 0174

Flight arrives Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Seats: 2E Class: First (A) Meals: Meals

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

LHR

DOH
8:35 AM
6:25 PM
London Heathrow
DohaQatar Airways 10

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

DOH

MLE
1:05 AM
7:50 AM
Doha
MaleQatar Airways 676
Seats: -- Class: First (A) Meals: Meals

Thursday, February 22, 2024

MLE

DOH
7:10 PM
10:05 PM
Male
DohaQatar Airways 675
Seats: 2D Class: First (A) Meals: Meals
Friday, February 23, 2024

DOH

LHR
7:40 AM
12:15 PM
Doha
London HeathrowQatar Airways 3

LHR

JFK
2:00 PM
5:20 PM
London Heathrow
New York KennedyAmerican Airlines 6928
Operated By British Airways /ba 0115

JFK

BOS
10:30 PM
11:48 PM
New York Kennedy
BostonAmerican Airlines 4308
OPERATED BY REPUBLIC AIRWAYS AS AMERICAN EAGLE.
Seats: 2F Class: First (D) Meal
Old Aug 13, 2023, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A-class ticket. Needs A-class available. Check EF, ITA etc. and feed flights to AA agents.

Example above ... all flights in A-class. Can be tricky to piece together and AA agents may not find these ... so find them yourself and feed them to AA agents.
Antarius likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Hilmar Lehnert
Arrgh. The same happened to us (10/28-11/9) and we had ALL legs on first class. What a pain. I was trying to rebook online for a different date but that's phone only and I haven't had the time and patience for that yet. What a bummer. Q-suites + first class is nice but $3.7k is also a lot of cash and we paid for a 1st class experience all the way through. Can you somehow finagle compensation for the downgrade?
You'll get way closer to a first class experience on QR J than you would on AA F. Orders of magnitude better.
Global321 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.