Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Bos - mle (aa/qr) f $3.6k

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Bos - mle (aa/qr) f $3.6k

Old Aug 14, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
You'll get way closer to a first class experience on QR J than you would on AA F. Orders of magnitude better.
QR F is definitely better than AA F. For those needing to alter because of the schedule change do your homework as stated above. I used EF.
AA was quite willing to change my date of departure to give me 2 seats. Maybe lucky with agents. Be prepared to spend an hour on the phone- more
on hold than speaking.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by zebranz
QR F is definitely better than AA F. For those needing to alter because of the schedule change do your homework as stated above. I used EF.
AA was quite willing to change my date of departure to give me 2 seats. Maybe lucky with agents. Be prepared to spend an hour on the phone- more
on hold than speaking.
For sure. QR J is better than AA F as well.
Global321 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Similar price from ORD ... but just today This one is a 7day AP fare. $2279 base fare
CREATED 14AUG23/1016 EXPIRES 14AUG23/2359
Old Aug 14, 2023, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
Similar price from ORD ... but just today This one is a 7day AP fare. $2279 base fare
CREATED 14AUG23/1016 EXPIRES 14AUG23/2359
Sorry- lost.... This is an "F" thread. ORD-MLE for $2279 base for F? Can you provide Fare Basis for me to look up on EF?
Old Aug 14, 2023, 11:43 am

@ zebranz
thanks! this is very helpful!
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zebranz
Sorry- lost.... This is an "F" thread. ORD-MLE for $2279 base for F? Can you provide Fare Basis for me to look up on EF?
it's right the first one on the list in EF when searching for ORD-MLE and yes of course ... this is not an F fare ... it is an A fare, like the one that is posted here from BOS

Same from NYC. $2044 base fare. Valid today only. Strange
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
it's right the first one on the list in EF when searching for ORD-MLE and yes of course ... this is not an F fare ... it is an A fare, like the one that is posted here from BOS

Same from NYC. $2044 base fare. Valid today only. Strange
Thanks- see it. Same fare rules requiring AA120/AA121 but neither (same plane) has "A" (ANX8MQN0)
Yes, real strange.
Edit- Found it - available on some Sept dates (and Oct 1) on outbound all "A". Did not look for returns as I am booked up.

Last edited by zebranz; Aug 14, 2023 at 5:37 pm
Old Aug 17, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1k
I managed to get mine rebooked to BOS->DOH->MLE->DOH->LHR->BOS. BOS->DOH is on QR QSuites and DOH->LHR->BOS in British Airways first class. It took two hours on the phone and it was really helpful that I had written out most possible options up front. The agent was willing but fairly clueless and had to call their help desk just about 10 times or so. They could not find some options that I had identified. I'm not sure whether these didn't qualify (for whatever reason) or whether this was incompetence. Anyway: I certainly like this a lot better than the original, so it seemed worth the effort and sure is a heck of a lot better than PHL<->DOH on AA business class.
Antarius likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 7:36 am

We had to rebook AGAIN. Turns out BA has discontinued our flight from DOH->LHR. After some back and forth, they put us on a QR3 from DOH->LHR in First on the A380. Certainly better than the original AA first but that's 3rd or 4th major change to the itinerary.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 8:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Damn that sucks, but QR F should be way better than AA. I'm at the airport now to get to BOS to start the journey. I'm taking my mom, who has never flown anything nicer than Delta domestic F so I think she will enjoy it!

I really don't know much about crediting. I'm crediting to QR since as far as I can tell they award based on miles flown whereas AA credits based on money spent. Does that seem like a good idea?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by chris30269
Damn that sucks, but QR F should be way better than AA. I'm at the airport now to get to BOS to start the journey. I'm taking my mom, who has never flown anything nicer than Delta domestic F so I think she will enjoy it!

I really don't know much about crediting. I'm crediting to QR since as far as I can tell they award based on miles flown whereas AA credits based on money spent. Does that seem like a good idea?
If you’re just looking at earning the most redeemable miles stick the flight and fare information into the link below to get info of what you’d earn when credited to different programs. (Afterwards check against the info of the FF program to make sure there hasn’t been a change to earning which WhereToCredit missed updating. ) Enjoy your trip!

https://www.wheretocredit.com/calculator
chris30269 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There have also been issues w/ BA no longer flying F on all the LHR-BOS flights. Lots of problems to resolve w/ these trips. Sigh.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 9:59 am

Update : we travelled the outbound leg yesterday BOS->DOH on Qatar QSuites and DOH->MLE on Qatar First (777). Despite all the rigmarole with frequent rebooking and inability to reserve seats, the check in was super smooth and overall these were great flights. The 777 first class seat is massive. One bummer, the Qatar First class lounge in Doha is currently closed for maintenance, " Al Safwa Lounge will be temporarily closed for maintenance from 13 October until 30 November 2023". This being said, the other Qatar lounges were wonderful too.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Just got back from my trip, and QR F is so nice. AA F...not so much. Coming back on QR F and then the business lounges (RIP Al Safwa) and getting on the AA plane was quite the comedown.

I credited to QR and am now Gold! Which is oneworld sapphire! And also got about 60k avios. Not bad for 1 roundtrip. Mom was gushing about QR and wants to go back asap
Old Nov 19, 2023, 3:50 pm

We also finished our trips. I would rate 1) QR A380 F, 2) QR 777 F, 3) QR Qsuites, 4) BA 787 First. We did not fly ant AA metal on this trip at all. No F lounge in DOH (close for renovations). Concorde Room in LHR seems a bit overrated. Very impressed by the A380 First on QR. Two HUGE bathroom's and the bar in the rear are nice adders. Impeccable service, great seats, fun flight !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.