Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: SQ/LH/LX/UA Jakarta-US/Canada £980

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: SQ/LH/LX/UA Jakarta-US/Canada £980

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by KenGreen888
I think I will post my miles to ANA. If you signed up for the Platinum status match a few months ago I believe you earn 70% for the P fare and 90% bonus for the Platinum status if in the 1st year. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. Second best would be Kris Flyer. But I hate their footwell in business class. I have no interest in redeeming miles with them.
Miles with both of them expire after 3 years, don't they? As long as you're confident in burning them before expiry, that's cool.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Got this email from SQ that they've cancelled the last sector of my flight. did anyone else get this email ? is my entire ticket at risk now?
I dont mind missing SIN-CGK since its the last leg of my return flight but does anyone know if I can use the other 5 sectors ?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated , thanks

Dear Sir/Madam, We regret to inform you that your booking for the below flight (s) has been cancelled.

Flight
Departure Arrival LH 9794 SIN 18:40
10 Nov 2022
Singapore
Changi CGK 19:25
10Nov 2022
Jakarta​​​​​​​
Old Jul 25, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Got this email from SQ that they've cancelled the last sector of my flight. did anyone else get this email ? is my entire ticket at risk now?
I dont mind missing SIN-CGK since its the last leg of my return flight but does anyone know if I can use the other 5 sectors ?

I had the same question as my flight in December is also cancelled. The rest of the itinerary pulls up fine on LH, SQ, and the UA sites.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 4:12 pm

I also got this email from LH. I normally ignore this kind of emails to keep my tickets as fully refundable, until I become 100% certain that I go. However, it sounds like they'll choose option 2 if I don't respond by the deadline.

If I choose option 3, how much are they flexible without repricing: dates, operating carriers, routings, or even origin and destination?

I'd rather keep everything I already have, and rebook the cancelled SQ flight, but strangely, it doesn't fit any of options.

Please choose one of the following options by 08 September 2022 or contact our Service Center:
Your response is requested by 08 September 2022 to avoid a possible cancellation of your booking.

Option 1
I accept the change of itinerary

If the alternative itinerary is only for part of your planned journey and you still wish to travel, you can request a partial refund of the ticket cost, after your journey.

Option 2
I want to request a refund

We will cancel your booking and refund the ticket price. You can request a refund if your flight has been cancelled or a flight schedule change involves a change in departure and / or arrival time of two hours or more.

Option 3
I want to cancel my flight and use my ticket later

Your current booking will be cancelled but the ticket and booking code will remain valid to book new flights. To rebook, please contact our Service Center.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:59 pm

Which flight numbers are being cancelled for everyone? Mine is LH9794 and looking at the sq schedule, they’ve cancelled this flight from their entire schedule.

Has anybody accepted the cancellation? Does that preserve the rest of the booking?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by emonmitra
Which flight numbers are being cancelled for everyone? Mine is LH9794 and looking at the sq schedule, they’ve cancelled this flight from their entire schedule.

Has anybody accepted the cancellation? Does that preserve the rest of the booking?
Same flight# for March. I won't accept the change as presented, I want to finish my trip in cgk or any other airports in ID, because I've already secured the flights home and hotels.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Received same cancelation email for LH9794 SQ SIN CGK.
are they saying option#1 is SIN CGK canceled, no alternative given?
I guess calling LH is the only way to get other flight on SIN CGK?
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:30 pm

I did not get this email yet , just one fromSQ and Amex . did you book on LH website ?

you guys think option 2 means the entire itinerary will be cancelled ? I’ve already booked flights to get to CGK. Is there any risk if I dont do anything ? Will I be able to get to YYZ next month?

Originally Posted by maverikbc
I also got this email from LH. I normally ignore this kind of emails to keep my tickets as fully refundable, until I become 100% certain that I go. However, it sounds like they'll choose option 2 if I don't respond by the deadline.

If I choose option 3, how much are they flexible without repricing: dates, operating carriers, routings, or even origin and destination?

I'd rather keep everything I already have, and rebook the cancelled SQ flight, but strangely, it doesn't fit any of options.

Please choose one of the following options by 08 September 2022 or contact our Service Center:
Your response is requested by 08 September 2022 to avoid a possible cancellation of your booking.

Option 1

If the alternative itinerary is only for part of your planned journey and you still wish to travel, you can request a partial refund of the ticket cost, after your journey.

Option 2

We will cancel your booking and refund the ticket price. You can request a refund if your flight has been cancelled or a flight schedule change involves a change in departure and / or arrival time of two hours or more.

Option 3

Your current booking will be cancelled but the ticket and booking code will remain valid to book new flights. To rebook, please contact our Service Center.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:38 pm

I did not get this email yet , just one fromSQ and Amex . did you book on LH website ?

you guys think option 2 means the entire itinerary will be cancelled ? I’ve already booked flights to get to CGK. Is there any risk if I dont do anything ? Will I be able to get to YYZ next month?
Yes, I booked with LH.

At this point, I have no idea what will happen other than what their email says. Hopefully someone with experience with LH bookings that involve involuntary cancellation could chime in, before I call LH.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:10 am

Yes, option 2 will cancel your entire itinerary. I accepted the changes online and now my ticket terminates in SG on the return. I suspect that if you don't respond by the time specified, they will cancel the ticket and refund you the fare.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:58 am

Yes, option 2 will cancel your entire itinerary. I accepted the changes online and now my ticket terminates in SG on the return. I suspect that if you don't respond by the time specified, they will cancel the ticket and refund you the fare.
so far I haven't been able to contact LH or amex , and there is no option to accept changes online. I'll keep trying and let you when I'm able to speak to a real human

Last edited by tdot_guy; Jul 26, 2022 at 8:08 am
Old Jul 26, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I called AMEX today and after going round and round trying to get the agent to first see that the flight was cancelled and then trying to get him to answer if the rest of the itinerary would be cancelled if I did nothing, he said that if I leave it alone that my trip will end in Singapore and that they will not cancel the rest of the itinerary. I'm not sure if this is correct but I guess I'll see.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
So I got an email about cancellation of SIN-DPS 2 weeks ago with same language that if I dont respond by August 27, etc etc.

I got the flight rebooked no problem by LH phone centre (booked direct), BUT then it didnt ticket, and the rebooked flights were auto-cancelled.
Second call, flights reinstated, and the rep said she cannot ticket in IDR (currency it was booked for on the website). But she assured me she sent it to the right department.
Of course, 48 hours later, nothing is reticketed and segments are Reserved only. I fully expect them to get auto-cancelled again.

I ll have to wait until LH's issues are over next week, and probably rebook from scratch again.

How can an airline not reticket its own tickets ...
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I called AMEX today and after going round and round trying to get the agent to first see that the flight was cancelled and then trying to get him to answer if the rest of the itinerary would be cancelled if I did nothing, he said that if I leave it alone that my trip will end in Singapore and that they will not cancel the rest of the itinerary. I'm not sure if this is correct but I guess I'll see.
I got the exact same answer but I cant be sure because he wasn't referring to any notes from airlines rather giving his opinion , I asked his to contact the airlines , its been 2 hours , still waiting to hear back.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG

I had the same question as my flight in December is also cancelled. The rest of the itinerary pulls up fine on LH, SQ, and the UA sites.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Same flight# for March. I won't accept the change as presented, I want to finish my trip in cgk or any other airports in ID, because I've already secured the flights home and hotels.
Originally Posted by Bidu
Received same cancelation email for LH9794 SQ SIN CGK.
are they saying option#1 is SIN CGK canceled, no alternative given?
I guess calling LH is the only way to get other flight on SIN CGK?

Yes, I booked with LH.

At this point, I have no idea what will happen other than what their email says. Hopefully someone with experience with LH bookings that involve involuntary cancellation could chime in, before I call LH.
so far I haven't been able to contact LH or amex , and there is no option to accept changes online. I'll keep trying and let you when I'm able to speak to a real human

So I got the same cancellation email for the month of December, booked through Expedia. So I contacted their chat and was routed to an actual agent. For some reasons, the flight from SIN-CGK is really hard to find according to the agent, I was flexible with the dates and times, and I was offered to rebooked from SFO (UA)-MUC(SQ)- SIN(SQ)-CGK, to SFO(UA)-AKL(SQ)-SIN(SQ)-CGK (yes, you saw that right, Auckland!) since I have not been there before and the flight time is similiar from SFO-MUC comparing to SFO-AKL so I agreed. Interestingly enough, I asked if I can fly directly from SFO-SIN-CGK, the agent told me no since "it has to have another flight before your SIN - CGK flight". And when I agreed to the SFO-AKL operated by UA, I asked to see if I can do Air NewZealand instead and the agent told me it has to be operated by the originial flights, so like UA-SQ-SQ. I didn't push much since I was at work, but definitely happy with the outcome, since I got a 7 hours layover in NZ and would definitely go out to explore since mark that continent off my list plus it would be summer in December! Will missed out on the airbus 380 MUC-SIN flight, but oh well.

Oh the agent mentioned something about the original flights' fare codes were not available to he put me in full J for the rebooking flights. Just a data point for you guys.
tdot_guy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.