Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: SQ/LH/LX/UA Jakarta-US/Canada £980

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: SQ/LH/LX/UA Jakarta-US/Canada £980

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Data point. Was scheduled to travel tomorrow from DPS, was able to change outbound to October 2023 and return part to January 2024 via Austrian call center due to various schedule changes and cancellations. Seems to be booked into J and D fare bucket now.
Cthunder86 and fridgy like this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Flew the first part of the ticket from DPS last month (return to Bali is in March).
The SQ business lounge in SIN is definitely overcrowded and not worth it just before midnight. The economy/gold lounge was actually much nicer like someone already said.
SQ DPS-SIN-FRA were superb, the A380 upstairs was full so cabin crew stretched but still provided excellent service. Book the cook meals ex-SIN fantastic as always.
The AC lounge in FRA was overflowing, so moved to the Senator lounge, which was much better.
FRA-YYZ on AC was obviously quite the letdown after flying SQ, but the delay was only half an hour, which is a win when flying AC.

Codeshare segments on SQ booked in P class posted as D class as expected.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Anyone tried to change the inbound flights after the outbound has been traveled? I called in to Booking but no one seem to find any seat, "all sold out sir". Even in business class? I find that a little bit hard to believe.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 11:14 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Flew CGK-xSIN-xMUC-IAD (SQ/SQ/UA) a few days ago and it eventually became CGK-xSIN-oMUC-xFRA-IAD (SQ/SQ/LH/UA). Here's my experience...

At CGK T3, used the Sapphire Plaza Premium Lounge.

At SIN T3, used the Krisflyer Gold Lounge as I saw the SilverKris lounge was packed to the brim. Krisflyer Gold Lounge was much more peaceful.

At MUC T2, used the LH Senator Lounges, pretty nice indeed. My flight UA106 was cancelled (plane issues) while waiting to board at the gate. Gate Agent (very kind gentleman) gave me a few options and I chose MUC-FRA-IAD the next day via LH99-UA988 as the timing was better for me. Booked myself into Moxy Munich Airport for 1 night. It was a very tight connection when I landed in FRA and I just managed to made it to the plane while hustling with my handcarry luggage. Unfortunately my checked-in luggage didn't make it and filed a baggage claim at the UA Checked Baggage desk. They found the luggage already in transit on another flight and was delivered to me the next day.

Since this is my first experience of a cancelled flight, the Gate Agent did inform me I can claim EU Regulation 261/2004 (EU261) which is EUR600 dollars. I can also book a hotel for the night up to EUR250 and claim the necessary transport costs with United via www.united.com/feedback. Will report back on the outcome once I get time to scan the boarding passes and documents needed for the claim.

Not the longest one way journey I've experienced but it sure was eventful!

A few things I noticed after my miles were credited. LH P class books into SQ D class and both my MUC-FRA-IAD alternate flights were booked in to J which was credited as SQ J class as well.
I flew back last month and nothing to report.

UA got back to me and provided a few options in regards to the Cancelled flight.

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed the circumstances surrounding the disruption to your travel plans. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you incurred.

As alternative options to your claim for compensation under Regulation EC 261/2004 (EU261), we would like to offer you the choice between a $1,000 (USD) United Travel Certificate (redeemable and transferable toward the purchase of flights operated by United, United Express, or United codeshare partners) or 50,000 United MileagePlus® miles (redeemable on flights operated by United, United Express or by Air Canada, ANA, Austrian, Lufthansa, SAS Scandinavian, Swiss, Thai, and 20 additional Star Alliance partners worldwide).

To view additional MileagePlus® services and award options within the world's largest network, including Star Alliance and our other global partners, please visit us at: http://www.united.com/mileageplus. Travel Certificates expire one year from the date of issue, and MileagePlus® miles do not expire.

If you would like to select one of these options, please let us know your preference, and we'll facilitate delivery via e-mail within 3-5 business days.

However, if you still wish to pursue monetary compensation under EU261 in the amount of EUR600, please provide the following banking details:

· Account holder's name
· Account holder's address
· Bank name and address
· Swift/BIC/Routing number + account number, or IBAN
· Currency of bank account

You will receive your compensation in the form of an electronic funds transfer. Processing your payment may take up to six - eight weeks.

Additionally, we recognize that the financial impact of this type of delay can be significant, and we are willing to assist with some of the basic unplanned expenses you incurred for up to $300 maximum. In order to consider any expense reimbursement, we will need a copy of the original vendor receipts. Your attachments can not be opened. Please provide the individual receipts on your reply to this email for further review.

Our Baggage Resolution Center handles all baggage-related concerns. Please contact our Baggage Resolution Center at 1-800-335-2247 or email to:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...e/delayed.aspx

It is our privilege to serve you, and look forward to helping you again soon.

The Travel certificate of USD1k is only good for 1 year from date of issue. 50k UA Miles is okay I guess. Since I don't live in the US and limited flights here in Asia and I don't have a lack of miles, it looks like the EUR600 would probably be my best option. Interestingly the out of expense claim is only up to USD300 (which is able to cover my hotel and transport luckily).
Old Mar 18, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by flyer89
Anyone tried to change the inbound flights after the outbound has been traveled? I called in to Booking but no one seem to find any seat, "all sold out sir". Even in business class? I find that a little bit hard to believe.
Did you have a schedule change that allows for rebooking or just hoping to do it based on fare basis? I successfully changed mine based on a very minor change that I’m surprised qualified but had to push out the return several months and had to have flexibility. It was the fourth or fifth suggested date that finally worked out but I’m now returning to CGK on a TPAC flight. Sadly it’s on UA so it lessens the PQPs but I now have a layover in a city where I would not be at all upset to accidentally miss my connection and just have to stay for a while. And honestly, LH and LX Business class are so decidedly mediocre that I figure Polaris can’t be that bad.

If you’re wanting the same routing on specific dates I think it can be tough for them to find the availability. If you let them know you can go any weekend in any particular month or so, and don’t care how you get there I suspect they’ll find something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.