Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] YYZ-EUROPE/AFRICA $1500USD SkyTeam AF/KLM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] YYZ-EUROPE/AFRICA $1500USD SkyTeam AF/KLM

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:23 am

Thanks for posting this. I was able to get multi city YYZ > AMS > NAP Sept 25 and then FCO > CDG > YYZ Oct 13 for $1640.41 USD on a Delta ticket. Converted at $2078 Cdn. Very happy with that price.

I had been booked on British Airways in PE but they cancelled a flight that left us with a 9 hour layover so I got a refund and then booked PE through Delta this past weekend. Then I saw this post and was able to change to J for about $160 US more per person.

Very very appreciative to those of you who post these finds!
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:22 am

Waffled a bit but ended up pulling the trigger on this one. YYZ-AMS-LCY INV-AMS-YYZ Amex IAP all in $1283. Great deal, thanks OP.
18sas and zaibii like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
cant believe I missed this initially, but I checked this is still around at least for my airport, seeing YEG-AMS for 2K CAD still, debating whether to pull the trigger or not as I only collect Star Alliance points, Id book this in a heartbeat if I collected with their alliance

thanks OP
zaibii likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by whitethunder
cant believe I missed this initially, but I checked this is still around at least for my airport, seeing YEG-AMS for 2K CAD still, debating whether to pull the trigger or not as I only collect Star Alliance points, Id book this in a heartbeat if I collected with their alliance

thanks OP
Just something to think about... If you fly after 6/30, you could do a Status Challenge with Delta.
The YEG-AMS would give enough on the non-stop to match to Delta Gold, another 5000 MQMs and you are Platinum till beginning of 2024 if not mistaken...
YEG-AMS would earn 13005 MQMs 3468 MQDs 2.09 MQD Ratio
Google Flights

You can also get creative and go via YVR on AC and then AF via CDG to get more miles and even some Star Alliance miles..
(Not optimized route)
whitethunder and Jetrigger like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
1.) Anyone have ideas on travel/medical insurance in Italy? Have three tickets (wife and infant daughter) on hold til Friday and wife is concerned re: COVID/getting stuck etc.
Wrong forum. There is extensive discussion of travel insurance elsewhere.

2.) Looks like fare rules from EF require ticketing to be completed by March 29th. Anyone think it will last that long? Have the bloggers picked this one up?
Who know. Personally I am surprised it has lasted this long. Can disappear in seconds. You snooze, you lose.

3.) Any suggestions on shipping service to ship all our crap over (play yard, diapers, formula, bottles, wet wipes etc.)?
Don't you get free

4.) Anyone flown the A350 in business and/or used the AF lounge at YUL?
Plenty of blogger reviews. Maybe start with OMAAT. I wouldn't expect anything spectacular from AF lounges but they are usually a cut above the domestic USA lounges.

5.) Last, any suggestions on traveling with a toddler (14-15 months)?
Did this a lot when Boraxo Jr. was younger. I'd check MommyPoints. In general make sure to stock up on milk every airport as some planes do not stock it. Get bulkhead seats with bassinets if offered. Bring extra diapers on board if you are delayed (and baby food). The usual common sense. Also I highly recommend a baby backpack from REI if you plan to do a lot of walking or hiking. The kids love it and you can ditch the stroller and access a lot more places.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
What dates did you find this deal to CPT?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:48 pm

For those making the run to MRU with an interim stop at RUN, is your RUN-MRU or MRU-RUN segment showing up as economy? The MK segments showed business, but after booking showed economy. Also, when looking up the individual segment on Expert Flyer, it shows Y as the highest class of service, even on the A-350?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:17 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm late to the party, but came here to say that...

Originally Posted by Edw3rd
I had no problem getting ITA to pass through to DL.com - but each time I attempt to pay with eCert's it's throwing an ERROR # PMT600600

Anyone had success getting to book on DL using certificate credits? Perhaps this is because the ticket creates a CAD-based fare, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change to Dollars, just to see the conversion value.
... I ran into this exact problem and error code as well, but...

Originally Posted by MCI777
I had the same issue even when I put the eCert number in manually.
... for whatever reason, manual lookup via the 006 cert numbers worked for me, values were converted correctly to CAD, and now I have a 006 ticket with all KL/AF codes
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Arrow MRU-RUN 144 mile island hopper

Originally Posted by flytoeat
For those making the run to MRU with an interim stop at RUN, is your RUN-MRU or MRU-RUN segment showing up as economy? The MK segments showed business, but after booking showed economy. Also, when looking up the individual segment on Expert Flyer, it shows Y as the highest class of service, even on the A-350?
Air Mauritius has only 2 A350-900 Neo in its fleet and they are used to service MRU - CDG (Paris) and MRU - JNB (Johannesburg)

MRU-RUN is a 144 mile island hopper flight I would not expect for this short route to be serviced by an A350. It's more likely a single class smaller aircraft.
A quick search on Air Mauritius website showed the following aircrafts:
ATR 72 - MK228 / MK229
Equipment varies - MK218 / MK219 / M238 / MK239

MRU - RUN Aircraft schedule

ATR 72-500 Air Mauritius

Air Mauritius
Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:14 pm

"Equipment varies" shows 359 on Expert Flyer:

Old Mar 19, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jfkeze
Just something to think about... If you fly after 6/30, you could do a Status Challenge with Delta.
The YEG-AMS would give enough on the non-stop to match to Delta Gold, another 5000 MQMs and you are Platinum till beginning of 2024 if not mistaken...
YEG-AMS would earn 13005 MQMs 3468 MQDs 2.09 MQD Ratio
Google Flights

You can also get creative and go via YVR on AC and then AF via CDG to get more miles and even some Star Alliance miles..
(Not optimized route)
Thanks for the suggestion, I actually used matrix and was able to find a connection on the return through YYZ so at least get a YYZ-YEG segment on AC (star alliance) 2162 CAD for a r/t to AMS, not too shabby!!
jfkeze likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
When booking with AMEX IAP how do you know for sure that you are booking a ticket that will get you the 40% of distance flown for MQDs for Delta Skymiles...I don't want to book ticket and find out I will only get MQDs for the fare paid. Is it safer to book directly through AF/KLM website?

Thx!
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by PCBIII
When booking with AMEX IAP how do you know for sure that you are booking a ticket that will get you the 40% of distance flown for MQDs for Delta Skymiles...I don't want to book ticket and find out I will only get MQDs for the fare paid. Is it safer to book directly through AF/KLM website?
As long as your flights have AFxxx or KLxxx flight numbers you will get distance-based MQDs, even with IAP. (Provided they are otherwise eligible, i.e. AF/KL-marketed *and* operated by a SkyTeam carrier)
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by PCBIII

Thx!
Marketing carrier is all that matters here; you want flight numbers that begin with KL or AF
jfkeze likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:07 am

Booked YYZ-CDG-PRG RT for C$2160/US$1713 for mid-April. Would’ve booked through Amex IAP for about $100 cheaper but I had US$650 in DL flight credit from previous cancelled trips (thanks, COVID) that I could put towards the cost of the trip!

I live in Cleveland, OH, so YYZ is not too far of a drive away. And no COVID tests required to enter Canada from 4/1, and no COVID tests required to enter USA over a land border, meaning no risk of being stuck somewhere which frankly was the thing holding me back from traveling internationally for the past 2 years.
zaibii and Flamenguista like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.