Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] YYZ-EUROPE/AFRICA $1500USD SkyTeam AF/KLM

[PREM FARE GONE] YYZ-EUROPE/AFRICA $1500USD SkyTeam AF/KLM

Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Note, no DL earnings for the MK operated flight, even if sold as AF coded..
Looks like you can get YYZ-CDG-RUN-MRU too with mostly AF flights to solve that.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
What a score. Just booked on KL metal (DL codeshare) to JNB.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Will AF marketed but operated MK (Air Mauritius) credit as an AF flight to DL?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by rollthere
Will AF marketed but operated MK (Air Mauritius) credit as an AF flight to DL?
No.
rollthere likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Note, no DL earnings for the MK operated flight, even if sold as AF coded..
I can't see what fare class the KL / AF biz flights code into, anyone?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I can't see what fare class the KL / AF biz flights code into, anyone?
Should be Z.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Daaaaaang JNB gets you about $7400 MQD from a $1670 ticket...
flyarctic likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
NBO, JNB, DAR, EZE are all options for under $1800. These are some GREAT options especially since a layover in CDG/AMS is allowed. I snagged a trip to Zanzibar, have always wanted to go! The YR this afternoon almost doubled on most fares. The US-KGL Skyteam fares published earlier this week were pricing the YR at $500ish. Today same itinerary YR is $1300. The YR on ZNZ was $1000, hence why I guess the base fare for most of these is as low as $500 US RT.

Overall a great fare. I wish it used a routing table instead of MPM so we could backtrack from YYZ to west coast first!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:44 pm

SkyTeam Newbie here ( really Delta)

Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Daaaaaang JNB gets you about $7400 MQD from a $1670 ticket...
It says sold by Air France. Also sold by Delta.
Am I correct that the ticket needs to be purchased from a sky team member other than Delta in order to get more MQD that fare paid?
Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by writetorich
Am I correct that the ticket needs to be purchased from a sky team member other than Delta in order to get more MQD that fare paid?
Thanks
Who you purchase the ticket from (e.g. 006, 054, etc.) has no bearing on earnings. If you're crediting to DL skymiles the only thing that matters is the marketing carrier and would want either AF or KL marketed flights for the best MQDs on this fare.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by writetorich
Thanks
Welcome to maximizing your earn on non-DL flights. If you don't have any ecredits to use then you can just book on AF or KL sites. If you want to book on DL.com so you can deal with Diamond Desk or if you have delta credits to apply, you can book pure AF/KL flight numbers but it takes some know how. If you look it up on DL.com you will just get DL flight numbers (even if its all operated on AF/KL metal).

You need to use ITA Matrix to find your itinerary using the options. Direct routings are easy, advanced routings and layover require you to do multicity search or use the advanced options. Once you find your trip using all non-DL flight numbers, you need to capture the trip link to paste into DL.com. There are 2 ways to do this: Install ITA Powertools into your browser (new Edge or Chrome) via app store. This is the recommended way. Once you find your itinerary on ITA Matrix (for now you must use oldmatrix.itasoftware.com), the browser add on will show on the right side of the screen and will give an offer to book on DL. Click here and it will pass the trip details over to DL.com and DL.com will price it and sell it to you even with pure AF/KL flight numbers. Another option if you are just testing the waters with ITA is to find your trip and then copy the whole page (CTRL-A to select all, then copy). Then go to the website BookwithMatrix.com and paste where it tells you and they will generate the booking link for you. It should give you a Priceline link and a Delta link (DL only appears if they think it will work with DL.com). Its more cumbersome, but is a good stepping block if you are just seeing how it all works.

Happy travels!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Thank you to the OP - had PE booked for my parents this summer and 581usd for two to upgrade to Biz.
zaibii likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Seeing $1700 RT from YVR-Europe. Add a positioning RT and you are looking at $2k+ from the USA.

Maybe good deal for canucks but i think I think I will pass as we have historically seen $2k summer fares to Europe and I expect demand may not be as high as airlines expect due to the current hostilities.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:27 am
Original Poster

For those looking for Star Alliance status

TK - Montreal to Morocco with stopover in Istanbul - $1850 USD
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Seeing $1700 RT from YVR-Europe. Add a positioning RT and you are looking at $2k+ from the USA.

Maybe good deal for canucks but i think I think I will pass as we have historically seen $2k summer fares to Europe and I expect demand may not be as high as airlines expect due to the current hostilities.
The interesting part is the outside of Europe, the DXB, JNBs and even MRUs..
If you are in the Pacific Northwest, getting to YVR is relatively easy and you get a pretty decent price for travel whether to Europe or further on....
Boraxo likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.