Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] YYZ-EUROPE/AFRICA $1500USD SkyTeam AF/KLM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] YYZ-EUROPE/AFRICA $1500USD SkyTeam AF/KLM

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: flyingblue
Thanks for the deal
Booked today !
From Europe... with 2 bookings Y 350€ / J 1750€ : Y CDGYUL /3days/ J YULCDGMU /6days/ J MRURUNCDG / stopover / J CDGYYZ /10days/ Y YYZCDG
zaibii likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:39 am

Question

Any tips for booking domestic connections e.g. YOW-YYZ/YUL on AC instead of WS? The AC option appears on Google Flights but won't price on klm.com
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by YZF_Flyer
Any tips for booking domestic connections e.g. YOW-YYZ/YUL on AC instead of WS? The AC option appears on Google Flights but won't price on klm.com
ITA PowerTools then try to price on Delta... I've gotten KLM and AC codes to price on a 006 stock...
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Decisions, decisions… I have an Aeroplan booking on AC YYZ to CDG in 2 months. Booked using points on flexible fare in Y and got free upgrade to J. Cost me 55K points and $~800 Cdn. YYZ to CDG on J is only $2000. Tempted to book that and keep my points on AC for future travel, but the non refundable fare on AF is worrying given the current geopolitical situation. I’d rather fly AF business product over AC for their hard and soft product. Can’t decide!
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: flyingblue
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Decisions, decisions… I have an Aeroplan booking on AC YYZ to CDG in 2 months. Booked using points on flexible fare in Y and got free upgrade to J. Cost me 55K points and $~800 Cdn. YYZ to CDG on J is only $2000. Tempted to book that and keep my points on AC for future travel, but the non refundable fare on AF is worrying given the current geopolitical situation. I’d rather fly AF business product over AC for their hard and soft product. Can’t decide!
booking with af or kl is no refundable but you can change your ticket online (or chat or phone) you can take a voucher for an other travel too.
I don’t know AC in j but AF is nice (sometimes great… if cabin crew wants)
wysiwyg and onetouchpass like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:04 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Thank you so much for this, booked YUL-FLR for the wife to go see her sister and nieces that she has not seen in over two years. 1.5kUSD for J in summer is fantastic.
zaibii likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
What a score. Just booked on KL metal (DL codeshare) to JNB.
Can you share dates and price and departure city?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:59 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I don't usually fly SkyTeam airlines. Will DL check your bags through on a US-YYZ flight to an AF/KL ticket?

UA will for *A. But AA won't for another OneWorld carrier.
I believe the answer is yes, but I also rarely fly Skyteam. When I do, I think it's always been non-stop.

Originally Posted by mchangmd
Can you share dates and price and departure city?
YYZ-AMS-JNB-AMS-YYZ in January of 2023 for 10 days. Some of those dates should still be available per Google Flights. We paid the ~16xx fare on KL, but were ready to pay the $19xx on AF if that was the only option. KL is our preference over AF.

Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gbenoit
booking with af or kl is no refundable but you can change your ticket online (or chat or phone) you can take a voucher for an other travel too.
I don’t know AC in j but AF is nice (sometimes great… if cabin crew wants)
never flew AF J, but AC hard product is pretty good, but the soft product is meh.
arf04 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Just booked YYZ-AMS-JNB-CDG-YYZ for an 8 day trip June for $1900 in J and getting ~7400 MQD out of it, what a steal!
zaibii likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Booked YVR-AMS-CDG-MRU (and reverse) all KL/AF operated. 5 nights in MRU. Was a little tough to find with all Skyteam (many routes included Air Mauritius or Westjet) but found something in July.

$2030.18 per ticket, which seemed pretty good from the west coast to MRU in biz.
worldtraveller73 and zaibii like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
Booked YVR-AMS-CDG-MRU (and reverse) all KL/AF operated. 5 nights in MRU. Was a little tough to find with all Skyteam (many routes included Air Mauritius or Westjet) but found something in July.

Curious if you had located anything along the lines of XXX-CDG-RUN and terminating in Reunion. Ironically, you can piece together XXX-CDG-RUN-MRU, with the RUN-MRU leg operated by Air Mauritius so you still get AF metal on the Paris-Reunion leg for maximum earnings. But I can't find anything that terminates in RUN ... maybe its not part of the fare.

I've been to MRU (its fantastic, by the way!) but I'm not going down that way again and skipping Reunion. nested MRU-RUN roundtrips are another $350 I may just have to eat that, or we'll end up doing some kind of JRO / ZNZ open jaw with a safari instead.

Can't complain about options with this fare, that's for darn sure!
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by PurdueFlyer
Curious if you had located anything along the lines of XXX-CDG-RUN and terminating in Reunion. Ironically, you can piece together XXX-CDG-RUN-MRU, with the RUN-MRU leg operated by Air Mauritius so you still get AF metal on the Paris-Reunion leg for maximum earnings. But I can't find anything that terminates in RUN ... maybe its not part of the fare.

I've been to MRU (its fantastic, by the way!) but I'm not going down that way again and skipping Reunion. nested MRU-RUN roundtrips are another $350 I may just have to eat that, or we'll end up doing some kind of JRO / ZNZ open jaw with a safari instead.

Can't complain about options with this fare, that's for darn sure!
I didn't see the good fares to RUN but there were options that connected through RUN to MRU (on Air Mauritius). I didn't book those options as RUN-MRU wouldn't earn Skymiles and the layover was 6+ or 11+ hours in RUN.

This is my first time to MRU. Looking forward!
PurdueFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:18 pm
Original Member

If you're coming from Southeast Michigan, YXU (London, ON) look to be right around US$ 1700 on Skyteam (with YXU-YYZ on either Westjet or AC), but more interestingly, for about $100-150 more, you can use various Star combinations (using LH/AC overwater) from either YXU or YQG (Windsor).
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Anyone with recent experience with AF/KL flight vouchers? I have 3 upcoming trips in the $2100 range: one prior to the Jun 30 refundable cutoff, purchased through Priceline, and 2 after purchased via airfrance.us. Thinking about canceling them to take advantage of this deal and getting $1500 or so that I can use for later flights.

The pre-Jun 30 one should be fully refundable, though it may be an issue working with Priceline to get the refundable voucher. The other two are strictly non-refundable but fully changeable.

The current voucher rules say that:
  1. "You can use your travel voucher to make a new booking up to 6 months after its original expiration date if it was issued after March 2020. You can book any available flight, directly online or via the mobile app, regardless of the travel date." and
  2. "In the current context of the Covid-19 crisis, a travel voucher is a credit, which is valid for 1 year from the date of issue."

For point #2, I assume "1 year from the date of issue" means date of issue of the voucher, correct? I think in the past it was always date of issue of the original ticket.

And for point #1, this reads that if I request a voucher for my current tickets today, then they'll expire on Mar 11, 2023. Which would also mean that I could use them up until Sep 11, 2023. And theoretically book anything through Sept 6, 2024 or so. My experience is that AF/KL load schedules about 360 days in advance.

Does this sound correct? Just trying to assess the risk of this strategy before pulling the trigger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.