Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by KatKatKittyKat
First of all, this forum is amazing. Second, could you help me see if it’s possible to get 3800 MQDs from RDU before the end of the year?

Departure Airport: RDU - ATL or JFK work too
Miles Needed: 3,800 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: Least amount possible - ideally less than 1k but I know it’s unlikely so I’m flexible.
Available Travel Dates: before December 30th.
A trip to LIM in Aeromexico business class from JFK can get you about $3700 MQDs for as low as $2703 (Expedia). a position flight to JFK from RDU could get you the remaining MQDs

e.g. December 12 - 13, JFK-MEX-LIM-MEX-JFK, $2703, about $3700 MQDs. Google Flights link

Old Dec 8, 2022, 10:50 pm

Chimichurri
canuck_traveler likes this.

Last edited by Chicken Nuggets; Jan 1, 2023 at 8:04 pm Reason: Chimichurri
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:19 am

Help - DL Platinum Run by Year-End

Departure Airport: Any NYC airport (JFK/EWR/LGA)
Miles Needed: 2400 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: Open
Available Travel Dates: Before year end
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta
7000 MQD Partner run request, MSP origin or will commute -

Departure Airport: MSP or can commute ex: LAX, JFK, etc prefer to maximize MQDs and therefore distance.Miles Needed: 0 MQMs, 7000 MQDs (just barely under)Required Spend or Budget: as little as possible but flexible. Prefer to not spend 7K and maximize partner fares. Also have 4 GUC expiring end of Jan.
Available Travel Dates: 12/26 to 12/21 or possibly dates up to 12/23. (Do need to be in LUX on 12/29 so something near or routing through FRA, LUX or CDG probably good)

Also, considering additional January MQD run to use up GUC.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay* (need codeshares please)

Thanks In advance for any help.

**also, new poster so I did a reply (hopefully not starting a new thread)
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
A trip to LIM in Aeromexico business class from JFK can get you about $3700 MQDs for as low as $2703 (Expedia). a position flight to JFK from RDU could get you the remaining MQDs

e.g. December 12 - 13, JFK-MEX-LIM-MEX-JFK, $2703, about $3700 MQDs.
do you think it’d be able to find something less expensive? I was really hoping to stay until 2k
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by KatKatKittyKat
do you think it’d be able to find something less expensive? I was really hoping to stay until 2k
Y+ with Aeromexico which books into W (its a normal e​​​​​​economy seat with more legroom but credits at 25% as MQDs)
JFK-GRU would earn 20106 MQMs 3351 MQDs 1.88 MQD Ratio

Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by btm4321
Departure Airport: Any NYC airport (JFK/EWR/LGA)
Miles Needed: 2400 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: Open
Available Travel Dates: Before year end
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner
Y+ with Aeromexico which books into W (its a normal e​​​​​​economy seat with more legroom but credits at 25% as MQDs)
JFK-GRU would earn 20106 MQMs 3351 MQDs 1.88 MQD Ratio

DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Jeanette1
Departure Airport: MSP or can commute ex: LAX, JFK, etc prefer to maximize MQDs and therefore distance.Miles Needed: 0 MQMs, 7000 MQDs (just barely under)Required Spend or Budget: as little as possible but flexible. Prefer to not spend 7K and maximize partner fares. Also have 4 GUC expiring end of Jan.
Available Travel Dates: 12/26 to 12/21 or possibly dates up to 12/23. (Do need to be in LUX on 12/29 so something near or routing through FRA, LUX or CDG probably good)

Also, considering additional January MQD run to use up GUC.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay* (need codeshares please)

Thanks In advance for any help.

**also, new poster so I did a reply (hopefully not starting a new thread)
Is it worth it for 2023 status to spend at least 3-4000 USD Cash for Delta status?
I would consider if not best to aim for status next year? How many MQMs do you have? At this point in the year and for that amount of MQDs you need 3-4 TIJ-HMO/CJS runs plus a positioning flight to TIJ/SAN so looking at 600 a pop times 4 runs , or basically 5 days travelling around Mexico...
Or two USA-CPT/JNB Virgin runs and those are also pricey... would it make more sense to go for Diamond early in the year?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Warning - MQDs may be lower if you use SkyMiles and cash

Maybe this belongs elsewhere, but a warning for those trying to squeeze as many MQDs in before year-end.

I decided to skip the use of other carriers and just to pay to upgrade for more expensive tickets. One recent trip was ATL-LEX in FC. I wavered between paying out of pocket or using SkyMiles. I ended up doing both and used 85,500 SkyMiles and I paid $341 and change for the cash portion. Some of those $$ were for fees and taxes, but the remaining $330 I *thought* would get me 330 of MQDs. Wrong - they were converted to 17,500 SkyMiles. The result was a total of 103k SkyMiles and 1,030 of MQDs, which was a difference of "only" 125 MQDs. But, if I had not been paying attention, I could have ended up short with no time left to fly again.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:57 am

Need a mileage run from ATL

Hello -

I am 13413 MQMS away from being diamond. Please help.

Departure Airport: ATL or NYC ( better internationally out of NY )
Miles Needed: 13413 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: 190,000 skymiles or 500$ +/-
Available Travel Dates: 12/11-12/31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta or any partner.

I don’t mind traveling internationally, but would really prefer flights under 8 hours. I also don’t mind if this is broken into 1-3 trips.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:13 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
Maybe this belongs elsewhere, but a warning for those trying to squeeze as many MQDs in before year-end.

I decided to skip the use of other carriers and just to pay to upgrade for more expensive tickets. One recent trip was ATL-LEX in FC. I wavered between paying out of pocket or using SkyMiles. I ended up doing both and used 85,500 SkyMiles and I paid $341 and change for the cash portion. Some of those $$ were for fees and taxes, but the remaining $330 I *thought* would get me 330 of MQDs. Wrong - they were converted to 17,500 SkyMiles. The result was a total of 103k SkyMiles and 1,030 of MQDs, which was a difference of "only" 125 MQDs. But, if I had not been paying attention, I could have ended up short with no time left to fly again.
I'm confused about what happened here. I think what you are saying is you bought a $341 cash ticket and then used 85,500 miles to upgrade? (Or was it vice-versa?)

I have bought cash tickets and used miles to upgrade (via the seat map) and have received MQDs as expected ... the normal MQDs from the base ticket plus the mileage amount /100 for the upgrade. It sounds like maybe something went wrong with your credit that could be worth calling Delta for further investigation?

That said, if you bought a miles ticket and upgraded with cash, I've never done that, so I don't know for sure, but what you describe still sounds wrong.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Sorry, I may not have been as clear as I could have been.

I bought the ticket using the option of paying with miles and cash, as described above. If you go to "book" and look at the top right, you can have the results in $USD, Miles or "Miles + Cash". I chose option #3, and the result for the round trip ticket was 85,500 of miles and $341 of cash. $11 was for the fee, leaving $330 for the ticket itself. I got 85,500/100 credit for the miles used (855 MQDs), but the $330 was converted into 17,500 miles to make the entire ticket an award ticket of 103k - or 1,030 of MQDs. I can see it on the activity, and I called and spent 25 minutes on with the DM desk while the agent spoke to another person to confirm the above.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Themodernwhitleygilbert
Hello -

I am 13413 MQMS away from being diamond. Please help.

Departure Airport: ATL or NYC ( better internationally out of NY )
Miles Needed: 13413 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: 190,000 skymiles or 500$ +/-
Available Travel Dates: 12/11-12/31

I don’t mind traveling internationally, but would really prefer flights under 8 hours. I also don’t mind if this is broken into 1-3 trips.
A trip to Hawaii has several flights that are shorter than 8 hours In the example below the longest flight is a little less than 6 hours. You would earn 9300 MQMS and costing 73,000 Skymiles + $5.60. You can do a second trip to Hawaii or maybe Seattle, Portland, Anchorage, etc. for the remaining MQMs for a similar amount of Skymiles.

Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta, American
LAX Mileage run

Hello, need 8,000 MQMs for Platinum renew. Travel dates: 12/10-11, or 12/30-31. LAX, LGB or SNA airports. Already obtained MQDs.

Departure Airport: LAX, SNA, LGB
Miles Needed: 8,000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: 0 MQDs needed so lower fares preferred
Available Travel Dates: 12/10-11 or 12/30-31

Last edited by JAL98; Dec 9, 2022 at 5:18 pm Reason: Format
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by JAL98
Hello, need 8,000 MQMs for Platinum renew. Travel dates: 12/10-11, or 12/30-31. LAX, LGB or SNA airports. Already obtained MQDs.

Departure Airport: LAX, SNA, LGB
Miles Needed: 8,000 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: 0 MQDs needed so lower fares preferred
Available Travel Dates: 12/10-11 or 12/30-31
You can get 7300 MQMs with LAX-SEA-LIH-SEA-LAX for $695 on December 10th. Just under 1.5 hours in LIH. You can take a roundtrip to LAS for the remaining MQMs.

LAX - LIH - LAX is $432 on December 10th and earns 5200 MQMs. Various dates available at this price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.