Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Well, it seems highly variable, rather a lot of bad reviews. Maybe I just got lucky the first time I flew with them, in Economy, but I found it excellent.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:18 am

Programs: TK Elite
I'd be all over this if SV was a member of Star Alliance.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Well, it seems highly variable, rather a lot of bad reviews. Maybe I just got lucky the first time I flew with them, in Economy, but I found it excellent.
I quite enjoyed reading all of the bad reviews. "Saudia didn't provide a bed for my baby during our layover, we didn't like the airport that we had to spend the layover we scheduled in, staff told me I needed to end my conversations with them three times, etc etc".

Very entertaining
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
I'd be all over this if SV was a member of Star Alliance.
Probably just as well it isn't.

Originally Posted by pdxkat
I quite enjoyed reading all of the bad reviews. "Saudia didn't provide a bed for my baby during our layover, we didn't like the airport that we had to spend the layover we scheduled in, staff told me I needed to end my conversations with them three times, etc etc".

Very entertaining
Well, indeed, a lot of those reviews were written by very dumb people and were quite entertaining. I know Tripadvisor has its flaws, but I do dip in every once in a while and read reviews (mostly about hotels and restaurants) and I think clued in travelers like us can sift out the decent reviews and comments from the rest. In a way, it's an interesting challenge to do so. There is the occasional gem at Tripadvisor, unlike at Skytrax.
Sisyphus1carus and Unionruler like this.

Last edited by Concerto; Jan 2, 2020 at 7:47 am Reason: rephrasing
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Booked a few of these myself for travel in late 2020.

Originally Posted by Vermoth
why SV do not fly from ATH end march-april?
They do fly. JED-ATH is operating as usually. RUH-ATH isn't running then.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by Vermoth
I read smwhere in internet that under 18h of connection transit is possible without visa TWOV (even I can obtain visa on arrival) and exit in the city without spending 118US. i will try))
Not possible even for a few hours.

Originally Posted by Fli1
Is it possible to have a stopover in jeddah around 2-3 days or does it affect the fare?
Permitted.

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
TWOV has always been 12 hours max on Saudia. So unless this has changed recently in the light of their new e-visa/VOA system you can expect some questions at check-in/boarding when checking if you comply with visa rules.
Indeed, and the rule is as before.

Passengers transiting through Dammam (DMM), Jeddah (JED) or Riyadh (RUH) with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 12 hours. They must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:14 pm

Similar pricing also to MNL, CMB, MLE and SIN
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:51 pm

anyone able find any open jaw to return in Europe to different airport (not ATH) with similar price?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
There's no MQD bonus for DL flyers correct?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by greycap7
There's no MQD bonus for DL flyers correct?
Sadly... No... 100% MQM/RDMs and 20% MQDs as a base flyer...
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
150 EUR positioning flight and hotel, 850 EUR in lie-flat to KUL. Fantastic deal!
raporot likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:26 am

Is this all flying from the new terminal yet, if not is it a terminal change?, when does it start arriving/departing (ATH-JED-KUL) from new terminal?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by mattspod
Is this all flying from the new terminal yet, if not is it a terminal change?, when does it start arriving/departing (ATH-JED-KUL) from new terminal?
Athens for sure is arriving/departing from the new terminal. Not sure about KUL. AFAIK flights are moved over by a handful at a time, with theoretically all flight operations being moved to the new terminal at the end of Q1.

I will travel the journey early February so I can report back about it if we don't have a conclusive answer before that.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
I just booked ATH-KUL, works out great for us since we are going to be in ATH anyway in April and need to get back to Asia.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Athens for sure is arriving/departing from the new terminal. Not sure about KUL. AFAIK flights are moved over by a handful at a time, with theoretically all flight operations being moved to the new terminal at the end of Q1.

I will travel the journey early February so I can report back about it if we don't have a conclusive answer before that.
Their plans was to move all long-haul flights by the 20/12/2019
Hope they had stick to this schedule

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.